This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    I love your optimism!! I'm still waiting for big foot to show up in my back yard!!
    The way they pulled it together last year anything is possible.
    That being said I am afraid the offense isn't willing to take the chances this year with Scotty in goal as it did last year with Jason in goal. Plus Nick B was such a threat with the puck. With out those two...... this is a different squad.
    Scotty is playing great so maybe it's time to open things up!

Comment

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Originally posted by Beman View Post
      The way they pulled it together last year anything is possible.
      That being said I am afraid the offense isn't willing to take the chances this year with Scotty in goal as it did last year with Jason in goal. Plus Nick B was such a threat with the puck. With out those two...... this is a different squad.
      Scotty is playing great so maybe it's time to open things up!
      If this were the case, on top of having a losing record, we would be helplessly outshot. Maybe it's just me, but in the majority of games where the outcome was not in our favour, that doesn't seem to be the case. Games like the one we had vs. Princeton happen, where you run into a hot goaltender, and two dumb mistakes cost you the game (the penalty, which was the only one we took that night, and giving up the break at the start of the third). One thing I have noticed in this league, especially against teams like Princeton and Cornell, is that they aren't exactly taking-chance-attacking. They're being patient and waiting for a mistake, which is more likely to happen when you are taking chances. This is why I am in disagreement with many when it comes to Nick B.

Comment

That being said I am afraid the offense isn't willing to take the chances this year with Scotty in goal as it did last year with Jason in goal.
        Think you might be onto something here.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          If this were the case, on top of having a losing record, we would be helplessly outshot. Maybe it's just me, but in the majority of games where the outcome was not in our favour, that doesn't seem to be the case. Games like the one we had vs. Princeton happen, where you run into a hot goaltender, and two dumb mistakes cost you the game (the penalty, which was the only one we took that night, and giving up the break at the start of the third). One thing I have noticed in this league, especially against teams like Princeton and Cornell, is that they aren't

exactly taking-chance-attacking. They're being patient and waiting for a mistake, which is more likely to happen when you are taking chances. This is why I am in disagreement with many when it comes to Nick B.
          Wa wa what?

Comment

Wa wa what?
            You read correctly. How many even strength GA were as a result of sustained pressure? I'd say not that many.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Labium-Gluteus-fixation syndrome, eh? Denial is always the first step...
              I deny nothing. I know that this team has disappointed, but I am not going to throw them under the bus because they didn't meet my expectations.
              They are my team win or lose.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                If this were the case, on top of having a losing record, we would be helplessly outshot. Maybe it's just me
                Yep it's you. If shots on goal were the way to measure a teams success you wouldn't' need goals.

Comment

Yep it's you. If shots on goal were the way to measure a teams success you wouldn't' need goals.
                  Show me how you score without shooting. And we'll assume the players are competent and don't just put it in their own net.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I deny nothing. I know that this team has disappointed, but I am not going to throw them under the bus because they didn't meet my expectations.
                    They are my team win or lose.
                    So you accept disappointment and mediocrity? Sounds familiar of another college.

Comment

Boy is this thread going down the toilet fast now.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Boy is this thread going down the toilet fast now.
                        Anyone could have told you that from the morons that want to make defamatory tags about me. And they call ME childish...

Comment

Record article about PU game http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...s-to-princeton.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Please folks, just ignore
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Anyone could have told you that from the morons that want to make defamatory tags about me. And they call ME childish...
                              It's like politics -- there is gross incompetence and on both sides.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So you accept disappointment and mediocrity? Sounds familiar of another college.
                                I accept that my team is trying as hard as they can and not mailing in a performance. If I ever think that they quit, I will say so.
                                If you can't accept disappointment or mediocrity, why don't you root for that other team.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X