X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    A lot of people post what they think are facts on here and they are not. Don't believe everything you read. Neither are the reasons. If Seth wanted to make public the reason or reasons he stayed, that would be up to him. Aspy for sure, probably Red Cloud know why he stayed. I don't think its right for any of us to post personal info of coaches or players on here, so I won't but I have no problem posting when info on here is incorrect. Feels weird but not driving out tonight so giving RPI TV a look.
    I don't believe everything I read (certainly not what I read here). I do agree that it is not any of my business why he did not take the job, but I thought that was what was posted earlier. In any case I am happy with the result. He does have the best record of any RPI hockey coach, percentagewise, against Denver.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
      A lot of people post what they think are facts on here and they are not. Don't believe everything you read. Neither are the reasons. If Seth wanted to make public the reason or reasons he stayed, that would be up to him. Aspy for sure, probably Red Cloud know why he stayed. I don't think its right for any of us to post personal info of coaches or players on here, so I won't but I have no problem posting when info on here is incorrect. Feels weird but not driving out tonight so giving RPI TV a look.
      I know my source is good. I do post things I "hear" and I always let anyone that gives a hoot that's Its a rumor.
      Seth not taking a job isn't personal info.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
        I know my source is good. I do post things I "hear" and I always let anyone that gives a hoot that's Its a rumor.
        Seth not taking a job isn't personal info.
        The reason he didn't take the job is personal and my source is Seth. You want the date, time and table number?

Comment

The reason he didn't take the job is personal and my source is Seth. You want the date, time and table number?
          Nope don't care. Can't be that personal heard the same thing from two different people. Both I trust
          Last edited by Beman; 12-14-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            Our Great Coach who art in the Field House,
            Appert be thy name.
            Thy process come,
            thy battles won,
            on the ice, as they are on the boards.

Give us this day our daily win,
            and forgive us our penalties,
            as we forgive those who penalize us.
            And lead us not into Schenectady,
            but deliver us from Potsdam.

For thine is the bench,
            and the locker room, and the rink,
            for ever, and ever.
            Amen.
            You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lugnut92 again.
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lugnut92 again.
              *stick tap*
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                Little Kim, we have had the 37th toughest schedule of the 59 teams, that is in the lower half in case you can't do the math. Look at our scoring against the creampuffs - Scared Heart (6-0 & 7-1), Dartmouth (7-1), Princeton (5-2). Take away those and you can see that our offense ranking is skewed by several blow-out wins vs. bad teams. You can't just take the rankings at face value. Try doing some analysis next time before you quote your stats or execute your uncle.
                For conversation sake RC would be correct in his comment regarding RPI's offensive standing. I am not a big accum stats person but if you take a minute and drill into the numbers RPI would still probably be a top 10 scoring team. Most hockey purest would agree that the magic number is scoring 3 goals in a game --- that tends to give you around a 65% (in that ball park) chance of winning points. So its not necessarily what your average is but how often you score 3 goals a game. In the 17 games RPI has played so far they have scored 3 goals in 13 of them or put another way they have given themselves a good chance to win points in 76% of the games they played. Boston College leads the nation in goals per game (they have 3 games where they scored 7 -9 -11 goals). In the 16 games they have played they have scored 3 or more goals in 10 of those games for 63%. From a technical standpoint RPI's offense is consistently more productive than BC's --- does not mean they are the better team.

Comment

I know why he stayed too sooooo.....

Comment

The US U18 played Saturday night @ Utica College and lost 4-1 (http://www.usantdp.com/game/show/5429260). Just wondering if they'll be able to make it to Troy for Sunday's game. Some useless info; Drew Melanson's Dad went to Utica College. A friend of mine was his teammate on the baseball team while there......things like that remind me how old I'm getting.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      The US U18 played Saturday night @ Utica College and lost 4-1 (http://www.usantdp.com/game/show/5429260). Just wondering if they'll be able to make it to Troy for Sunday's game. Some useless info; Drew Melanson's Dad went to Utica College. A friend of mine was his teammate on the baseball team while there......things like that remind me how old I'm getting.
                      Why is it snowing out or something? Just came in from snow blowing and would say we have at least 8in on the ground where I am a bit west of HFH.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                        Why is it snowing out or something? Just came in from snow blowing and would say we have at least 8in on the ground where I am a bit west of HFH.
                        Good thing that I did not pick this weekend to go to Troy as I originally considered. since SA said that Soffer would play at least part of this game, I hope that his family made it to Troy.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          And Drew himself faced the other half of the USNDTP, the U17 team, on Saturday.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
                            For conversation sake RC would be correct in his comment regarding RPI's offensive standing. I am not a big accum stats person but if you take a minute and drill into the numbers RPI would still probably be a top 10 scoring team. Most hockey purest would agree that the magic number is scoring 3 goals in a game --- that tends to give you around a 65% (in that ball park) chance of winning points. So its not necessarily what your average is but how often you score 3 goals a game. In the 17 games RPI has played so far they have scored 3 goals in 13 of them or put another way they have given themselves a good chance to win points in 76% of the games they played. Boston College leads the nation in goals per game (they have 3 games where they scored 7 -9 -11 goals). In the 16 games they have played they have scored 3 or more goals in 10 of those games for 63%. From a technical standpoint RPI's offense is consistently more productive than BC's --- does not mean they are the better team.
                            Clear and concise-I like this explanation.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              You, getting old? Nah! You want to know old? Last week Jenny and I were out for dinner and stayed for drinks at the bar after. Some really nice looking young lady in her 30's came over and was hitting on me (not knowing I had my other half with me). The fact is, I did not realize that is what was happening at all. But mighty mite(my mini-Guinea) knew right away-and took the young lady into the ladies room and very quickly informed her that if she did not back off, that she(Jen) would remove her lungs out through her nose(her exact words). Me, not knowing when some hot babe was hitting on me? Now that is when you know you are getting old.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

There was a message on RPISPORT that Kirk McDonald has been announced as the new (volunteer) Assistant Caoch.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X