This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

DU skiing rocks. Congrats on #22! Dominant performance. Hopefully hockey will follow suit and beat last place team in the league. Ha.

Comment

Not a great Saturday night, but...

Senior Class Award--your vote counts

Vote for Sam!

http://www.seniorclassaward.com

Don't forget the Hobey vote
      http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote
      Last edited by vizoroo; 03-08-2014, 11:04 PM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Muy importante'!!!!

Any DU fans coming to Omaha absolutely need to see this post:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5910201

The games here are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          Muy importante'!!!!

Any DU fans coming to Omaha absolutely need to see this post:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5910201

The games here are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
          Thanks for the tip. Speaking for myself, no French Café, no Old Pio.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Friday
            1.Zac Larraza
            2. Sam Brittain
            3. Blake Coleman

Mike Chambers vote Friday
            1. Sam Brittain
            2. Nolan Zajac
            3. Blake Coleman

Saturday
            First Star: Blake Coleman (Miami)
            Second Star: Ryan McKay (Miami)
            Third Star: Zac Larraza (Denver)
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              Thanks for the tip. Speaking for myself, no French Café, no Old Pio.
              Yes, it's now gone. One of the Old Market originals. Story:

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...WS01/120229499

Comment

We fired George Gwozdecky. Fired him.

I like Jim Montgomery. He seems like a nice guy and has potential as a coach. If we had hired him after Gwozdecky retired or left, I would have been satisfied with the hire.

But we fired 12 straight 20 win seasons and 2 National Championships.

We fired George Gwozdecky.

I'm still baffled.
                University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Yes, it's now gone. One of the Old Market originals. Story:

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...WS01/120229499
                  Thanks for the post. Time marches on, I suppose. Still, sad. But now you've got a super gigantic Zesto's. Not exactly an even trade, is it?

Comment

DU is a sub .500 6-8-3 since break, and has won 2 in a row only once (Saturday St. Cloud » Friday Duluth) in that period. Not a good trend going into a playoff series.
                    University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                    Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
                      We fired George Gwozdecky. Fired him.

I like Jim Montgomery. He seems like a nice guy and has potential as a coach. If we had hired him after Gwozdecky retired or left, I would have been satisfied with the hire.

But we fired 12 straight 20 win seasons and 2 National Championships.

We fired George Gwozdecky.

I'm still baffled.
                      And Gwoz has too much class to give us his side of the story. And DU has too little to tell us the truth. It was DG who compared the firing of Gwoz to firing Coach K. And he's right. The handling of the Dora incident, both before the NC game and at the WH, shows the class he brought to our program. I think Jim can be a successful coach, but he has such a tough act to follow, more than just wins and losses. We've got to look forward. But this season, it's kinda tough.

Comment

We've got to look forward. But this season, it's kinda tough.
                        Agreed. It's going to take a few years for a coach to get his type of players, to get systems in place. Especially if he has a specific idea in mind like Montgomery does. If he gets what he's going for it could be some exciting hockey to watch.

But it's hard not to wonder at this point.

That's not Montgomery's fault at all. I'm sorry the situations are linked because in many ways he does deserve more patience and respect than this.

DU Grilling Society

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
                          Agreed. It's going to take a few years for a coach to get his type of players, to get systems in place. Especially if he has a specific idea in mind like Montgomery does. If he gets what he's going for it could be some exciting hockey to watch.

But it's hard not to wonder at this point.

That's not Montgomery's fault at all. I'm sorry the situations are linked because in many ways he does deserve more patience and respect than this.
                          Yeah. Not that I'm necessarily comparing the situations, but do you recall who replaced Lombardi at Green Bay? His name was Phil Bengston. And I deeply, sincerely, optimistically hope Monty's not going to be next on that list of guys who follow legends and then disappear into the mists of history.

Comment

Thanks for the post. Time marches on, I suppose. Still, sad. But now you've got a super gigantic Zesto's. Not exactly an even trade, is it?
                            No, and the "atmosphere" where it is located over by the new ball park will never be what it was at Rosenblatt. Frankly, the CWS will never be the same for me. It lost a lot of it's charm with the move. There is a big difference between a neighborhood park and an urban one.

Comment

No, and the "atmosphere" where it is located over by the new ball park will never be what it was at Rosenblatt. Frankly, the CWS will never be the same for me. It lost a lot of it's charm with the move. There is a big difference between a neighborhood park and an urban one.
                              Which is why it's so important to lower the barriers and overcome the objections and let the Ricketts family drop half a billion on restoring and preserving Wrigley Field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                And Gwoz has too much class to give us his side of the story. And DU has too little to tell us the truth. It was DG who compared the firing of Gwoz to firing Coach K. And he's right. The handling of the Dora incident, both before the NC game and at the WH, shows the class he brought to our program. I think Jim can be a successful coach, but he has such a tough act to follow, more than just wins and losses. We've got to look forward. But this season, it's kinda tough.
                                You have your opinion. I have mine. Lets just just say they differ just a bit.

I won't get into the specifics of the so-called "Gwoz Rules" but lets just say he made his own bed. A great guy like Ron Grahame, who lives and breathes DU hockey as much as anyone ever will, would not have been so supportive of the move if it wasn't done for the right reasons. I trust and respect Ronnie more than anyone in the program and DU will be just fine with Coach Montgomery.

Comment

Working...
                                X