This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

Hmmmmmmm we may have some NHL trade day implications to talk about...... So both Brittain and Cowley are Florida Panthers' draft picks, right? NHL goaltender Roberto Luongo just got traded to the Panthers. And I don't see him withering away for atleast a couple years. What does that do to Sam? And by the time Evan signs???? Interesting.

Stasny better get out his suitcase too; by the end of today, he could work for someone else too
    I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

RUN 1
      HAUGEN, Kristine Gjelst finished 1st in the GS. at NCAA Championship.
      Other DU skiers 19th and 32nd. After 1st run sitting 3rd behind Utah and Vermont.
      http://www.ncaa.com/skiing-live-results-2014
      http://www.ncaa.com/championship/liv...ate=2014/03/05
      Last edited by vizoroo; 03-05-2014, 10:53 AM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Kind of a mixed bag there...Great for Haugen to win the title! Too bad the one DU skier finished 32, though. I think DU's men are good in alpine events, so hopefully they will have a solid day.
        Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        RUN 1
        Other DU skiers 19th and 32nd. After 1st run sitting 3rd behind Utah and Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
          Hmmmmmmm we may have some NHL trade day implications to talk about...... So both Brittain and Cowley are Florida Panthers' draft picks, right? NHL goaltender Roberto Luongo just got traded to the Panthers. And I don't see him withering away for atleast a couple years. What does that do to Sam? And by the time Evan signs???? Interesting.

Stasny better get out his suitcase too; by the end of today, he could work for someone else too
          Tim Thomas just sent packing from FLA to DAL, Sam with a good shot to be the full timer in San Antonio or be Luongo's back-up in FLA.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Seniors being honored on Saturday Night.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209427238

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Update!
              --over half a second ahead of next skier.
              Other DU skiers 13th and 28nth. Sitting 4th behind Utah, New Mexico and CU.
              (seeding points??? must make a difference)
              Last edited by vizoroo; 03-05-2014, 03:09 PM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Senior Class Award--your vote counts

Vote for Sam!

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/

Don't forget the Hobey vote
                Last edited by vizoroo; 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Matt Donovan has been recalled by Islanders.

Comment

They haven't come out with the official results yet, but it looks to me like DU men's GS did better in the second run than they did in the first. Trevor Philp has a rockin' second run--I think he improved from 18th place after the 1st run to finish 4th in his combined time. So...a pretty good (not great) day for DU after the first day. Seems like they are still in the hunt, but they will need excellent results in cross country to be able to contend this year.

Actually, looks like men finished 4, 8 and 16 in the men's GS. Pretty good. DU is tied for 2nd place with New Mexico in the team standings after the first day, about 35 points behind the host Utah, and a couple points above Colorado.
                    Last edited by Pablo; 03-05-2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      Seniors being honored on Saturday Night.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209427238
                      Ahh, the Wade Bennett/Sean Toriumi Era. Hard to believe it's ending so soon. Seems like it had only just started. [reaches for moist towelette to dab away tears] The Pioneers haven't faced the impending loss of such firepower since the halcyon days of Joey Brehm and Julian Marcuzzi.
                      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                        Ahh, the Wade Bennett/Sean Toriumi Era. Hard to believe it's ending so soon. Seems like it had only just started. [reaches for moist towelette to dab away tears] The Pioneers haven't faced the impending loss of such firepower since the halcyon days of Joey Brehm and Julian Marcuzzi.
                        Lance Momotani?
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          Lance Momotani?
                          Mo-Mo!! If I recall correctly, back in the days when the Pioneers were absolutely atrocious, he led the team in scoring one year and probably didn't have more than 30-35 points. Several years ago Leon Fuller was the head football coach at CSU in Fort Collins. He had some decent teams, but toward the end the Rams were awful. He excoriated some players in the press one time by referring to some unnamed players as nothing more than "steak eaters and bus riders." Denver has had, and still has, some of those.
                          Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 03-05-2014, 06:39 PM.
                          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

HOLD ON HERE! Does that say they will honor the seniors at the CONCLUSION?? Fhat The Wuck DU?? It's always been pre-game or intermissions since I've been going. What happened? That's just plain dumb and actually disrespectful. I don't usually get wrapped up in the Coombe/University/Anti-Boone stuff... because I'm not an alum, I'm just a hockey fan! But hear me out. So......wait until after the game... when people (like me) are 3 sheets to the wind, or already headed to the parking lot before the game is over? And what, God help us, happens if DU loses the game? Anybody remember the game when they lost to who I believe was CC, the final regular game, and they had to skate the WCHA trophy around? The players looked like they were holding a casket up in the air. And what if Makowski gets a game misconduct??? I tell ya... this is bad bad baaaaaaad planning. Don't give me that "TV" crap either. I don't care if flippin Condolesa Rice or the Pope are going to be at the game..... you make it happen. What a load of dog crap. I think this is terrible, and I apologoze to those Seniors.
                            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                              HOLD ON HERE! Does that say they will honor the seniors at the CONCLUSION?? Fhat The Wuck DU?? It's always been pre-game or intermissions since I've been going. What happened? That's just plain dumb and actually disrespectful. I don't usually get wrapped up in the Coombe/University/Anti-Boone stuff... because I'm not an alum, I'm just a hockey fan! But hear me out. So......wait until after the game... when people (like me) are 3 sheets to the wind, or already headed to the parking lot before the game is over? And what, God help us, happens if DU loses the game? Anybody remember the game when they lost to who I believe was CC, the final regular game, and they had to skate the WCHA trophy around? The players looked like they were holding a casket up in the air. And what if Makowski gets a game misconduct??? I tell ya... this is bad bad baaaaaaad planning. Don't give me that "TV" crap either. I don't care if flippin Condolesa Rice or the Pope are going to be at the game..... you make it happen. What a load of dog crap. I think this is terrible, and I apologoze to those Seniors.
                              You can just hear the PA guy: "Wait, wait, wait. Don't leave yet. Yes this season was a gigantic fuster cluck. But we want to honor our seniors. Especially the guy who may be the best goalie in college hockey this year. Seriously. Stop."

No honoring of our hockey immortals, no playing of the Alma Mater, a jelly donut in the locker room and honoring our seniors when most of the tiny "crowd" is heading home. Perfect.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 03-05-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                                Mo-Mo!! If I recall correctly, back in the days when the Pioneers were absolutely atrocious, he led the team in scoring one year and probably didn't have more than 30-35 points. Several years ago Leon Fuller was the head football coach at CSU in Fort Collins. He had some decent teams, but toward the end the Rams were awful. He excoriated some players in the press one time by referring to some unnamed players as nothing more than "steak eaters and bus riders." Denver has had, and still has, some of those.
                                The trick is to keep the number to an absolute minimum. By comparison, George Morrison had 70 goals in two seasons. The drop off was barely noticeable.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X