This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

Great effort by DU. Sam was obviously outstanding. His control of the puck and rebounds was phenomenal. Credit the d-men, too, as Sam seemed to see every shot, and I don't recall a single odd man rush by nd. Lastly, when was the last time we had 3 goals all scored by forwards? Encouraging. Good recovery night all around for DU.

Comment

Sigh. Bad refs and shytty ice. What are you gonna do?
      Last edited by burd; 01-26-2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Backstopped by Brittain's terrific performance, DU got the job done last night. Better effort, better compete level=better result. UND played well both nights, but the Pioneers did what they needed to do to get a W last night. Brittain saw a lot of rubber, but they key was he saw it.

UND, as usual, was impressive. They have talent, depth, good puckhandlers, and play hard.

Only 10 games left in the regular season, 7 of which are on the road. This stretch should go a long way in helping the Pios get ready for the postseason.

Comment

George Gwozdecky .
          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Twister View Post
            This stretch should go a long way in helping the Pios get ready for the postseason.
            Hopefully will go a long way in helping the Pios get to the postseason.
            University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
            Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
              Great to hear he's doing well. But then again, is he going to tell the Post that "things are really crappy here?"

Interested to see what the next few years hold for him.
              University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
              Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

Comment

http://gazette.com/more-civil-commen...rticle/1513385

This article reminded me of the nonsense that use to happen on DG's now defunct troll hole. The comments that some people would post on that blog were downright disgusting, rude and borderline delusional.

Enjoy the read and reminisce about the good old days!
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                Originally posted by duper
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                  The internet went to hell when Swami left.

DU Grilling Society

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
                    The internet went to hell when Swami left.
                    Really? The whole entirety of teh interwebz? Oh my....

Comment

• Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                      http://gazette.com/more-civil-commen...rticle/1513385

This article reminded me of the nonsense that use to happen on DG's now defunct troll hole. The comments that some people would post on that blog were downright disgusting, rude and borderline delusional.

How's Randall May's board (that "uncle ken" [creepy] took over) doing? Seems deader than cc's 3 win season...

Comment

Well, after last night's shutout against the fka Sioux,
                        Remember...

Vote for Sam Brittain for the Hobey Baker Award.
                        You can vote once every 24-hr period.

http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Looks like my fear of Brittain stealing a game from us came true Saturday night, the guy is good. Hope to see you guys in the Frozen Faceoff in Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                            Looks like my fear of Brittain stealing a game from us came true Saturday night, the guy is good. Hope to see you guys in the Frozen Faceoff in Minneapolis.
                            You can't stand around and watch in your defensive zone against a team that skates as hard as UND. DU did a lot of that on Friday. Every aspect of DU's game was better on Saturday. Which isn't to say that the Fighting North Dakotas played worse- they certainly didn't. Had Sam not been seeing the puck so well, it may have been a 2-1 game or something like that, but the team earned it, too. The quality of shots was down for UND from Friday, which points to better movement in the D zone. It was one of the best quality hockey games (both ways) I've seen in a long time.

Glad we don't meet again in the regular season, the fka Sioux are in typical second half form.

DU Grilling Society

Comment

Looks like Matt Donovan headed back to Bridgeport as Lubomir Visnovsky is coming off IR today.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Too bad. It would have been fun watching Matt play at Yankee Stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X