X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
    I think enormous is being optimistic here.

It's a chicken/egg scenario. The University doesn't pay us alumni much heed because we don't donate very much and seem distant. We don't donate much and involve ourselves because we feel alienated and unheard. Lord knows we've tried.

But it's probably the dollars that count most. Dan Ritchie has more of those than I do.
    I see it as a cost/benefit ratio issue. If alumni and students make execution of Boone costly enough, the PooBahs might come to Jesus.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      I see it as a cost/benefit ratio issue. If alumni and students make execution of Boone costly enough, the PooBahs might come to Jesus.
      Cost/benefit ratio issue? Poobahs? Come to Jesus?

Sounds like you swallowed a Nancy Pelosi manifesto.
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

We make it costly by withholding money. Which we're already doing. Not much leverage left.
        University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
        Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

All mostly true. Although I'm not certain that whining PC Gestapo aligns with "inclusive excellence" particularly well.
          They see less risk in leaning that way than having to defend against it.
          University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
          Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

Comment

I am just now hearing the news. Cliffs on what caused Coombe to be sent packing?
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
              I am just now hearing the news. Cliffs on what caused Coombe to be sent packing?
              Time is my guess. 9 years at the top is a decently long time in that position.

DU Grilling Society

Comment

SCSU @ DU photos are now up on my website. You can view them by going to http://www.co14ersphotography.com/20...College-Hockey. I will be adding some more shots to the Friday game gallery as time allows over the weekend. Feel free to leave comments if you find errors, really like a particular photo or find one that's not up to good quality. Thanks!!
                DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                sigpic
                WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Vote for Sam Brittain for the Hobey Baker Award.
                  You can vote once every 24-hr period.

http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Brief Highlight on NCHC site from tv station in Duluth.

Duluth New Tribune story

First Star: Aaron Crandall (Minnesota Duluth)
                    Second Star: Sam Brittain (Denver)
                    Third Star: Quentin Shore (Denver)
                    Last edited by vizoroo; 01-18-2014, 01:15 PM.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                      SCSU @ DU photos are now up on my website. You can view them by going to http://www.co14ersphotography.com/20...College-Hockey. I will be adding some more shots to the Friday game gallery as time allows over the weekend. Feel free to leave comments if you find errors, really like a particular photo or find one that's not up to good quality. Thanks!!
                      The link above doesn't work (Thanks board software), but I now have all images posted on my site. To View them, Go Here! You can see other college hockey shots from 2013 if you Go here.
                      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                      sigpic
                      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Very good weekend for the Pios. I'll take going on the road and getting 4 of 6 points anytime. DU is second in the NCHC 2 points behind SCSU and tied with UND and UNO and 1 point ahead of WMU. Folks we have a tight race in the NCHC. Huge weekend coming up with UND coming to Magness. DU need to get 4 to 6 points again. Hopefully they sweep the former Fighting Sioux.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                          Very good weekend for the Pios. I'll take going on the road and getting 4 of 6 points anytime. DU is second in the NCHC 2 points behind SCSU and tied with UND and UNO and 1 point ahead of WMU. Folks we have a tight race in the NCHC. Huge weekend coming up with UND coming to Magness. DU need to get 4 to 6 points again. Hopefully they sweep the former Fighting Sioux.
                          You had a good weekend, too! Coming from behind twice to tie up a game the Bulldogs wanted and needed was impressive. I'm confident the Pioneers will have their chin straps buckled because for sure the Sioux will.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Vote for Sam Brittain for the Hobey Baker Award.
                            You can vote once every 24-hr period.

http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Tweet from spy(RWD) in Duluth:
                              "I am glad to see the DU national anthem tradition has remained, although one guy was not standing still."
                              Uh-oh! Could this be considered "not doing the right thing"? We need to watch for this indiscretion or see who's suspended next weekend against the formerly known as (fka) .

Unfortunately fka fans have a habit of indiscretion when it comes to the anthem, replacing brave with fka; "...and the home of the fka". If this defilement occurs a 2 min, bench penalty should be called on each sioux, oops fka fan in attendance.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

is it wrong that i am happy CC sucks so badly this year? Where is Randy May? Where's Ron Mexico?? CC has been awesome since like 1995, it's about time they really sucked again!!! I'm so happy!!!
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X