X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
    I meant Hockey East, mathetmatically.
    Looks like it. BU is 16 pts behind BC, 8 games to play. BC has the head to head tiebreaker. IIRC, head to head is the first tiebreaker, so BU cannot overtake BC.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      Oh sorry. No nobody is "officially" eliminated yet. 1 more league win by BC and both BU and Mack are tho.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        Yes BU and Umass have been eliminated from the top seed already. Merrimack is close, I think the magic number for BC to eliminate them is 2.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
          Oh sorry. No nobody is "officially" eliminated yet.
          Not true... Umass and BU are done.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Wally, I respectfully disagree.

When we were in Canton for the SLU games on opening-weekend, things looked pretty d*mn grim to me for Maine this year... But -having seen only ten games this season- I think that the gradual improvement in this team's play has been beyond impressive. (I never thought that this team could have looked as good as it did vs. UNH this weekend, for instance; Maine really should've won both games.)
            The UNH team I saw is going nowhere, they weren't that good so thinking Maine is NCAA bound based on winning once against UNH is out there if you ask me
            As far as the 'tending goes, Marty is the guy. He let-in one softie last night, but he made a couple of great saves on tipped shots late in the game. Overall, his skill-set is way better than Sully's, IMO.
            I never said he wasn't the guy, he has been awesome most nights but he is either tired or hurt based on what I saw this weekend compared to earlier in the year
            Maine is right there/right now, in terms of competing for an NCAA berth. I get to see a ton of games from every region, and the only team I've seen that is head and shoulders above Maine, talent-wise, is Minnesota. Pretty-much everyone else is on the same page.
            I haven't seen that many teams, I see you added BC and Quinipiac, both much deeper than UMaine. I'll wait and see on NU and PC
            The only difference down the stretch will be via bounces and effort, and I love the fact that Red has released the hounds. This team is more talented that I ever thought it was, and they play with genuine heart.

Very fun to watch.
            This I agree with, more talented, fun to watch, Red has done a great job, still not a deep team. Losing Higgins and Swavely has really hurt. Hopefully Swavely is back for ND
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              and the only team I've seen that is head and shoulders above Maine, talent-wise, is Minnesota. Pretty-much everyone else is on the same page.
              What are we defining as "talent" exactly? Sitting at 20th in the Pairwise, if they are on par talent-wise with everyone else aside from BC, MN and QU, what is the problem? Do they have worse coaching than the 16 other teams ahead of them in performance but on par talent-wise?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                What are we defining as "talent" exactly? Sitting at 20th in the Pairwise, if they are on par talent-wise with everyone else aside from BC, MN and QU, what is the problem? Do they have worse coaching than the 16 other teams ahead of them in performance but on par talent-wise?
                Maine's been rubbish on the road, simple as. That's why they are 20th. The good thing for them is that they most likely won't have to play any road games in the playoffs, assuming they don't fall apart completely in the next month.

If BC can keep their top line healthy they will be tough to beat in the playoffs, any of those three get hurt and I think they are all done.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Maine's been rubbish on the road, simple as. That's why they are 20th. The good thing for them is that they most likely won't have to play any road games in the playoffs, assuming they don't fall apart completely in the next month.

If BC can keep their top line healthy they will be tough to beat in the playoffs, any of those three get hurt and I think they are all done.
                  So their talent doesn't show up on the road? Or are they pretty much where they belong in the PWR and it is commensurate with their talent? Or is Red a horrible coach (only on the road, right!?).

BC could absorb an injury this year to a top guy and be in a lot better shape than last year (Hayes), particularly with Demko likely emerging, but the other freshmen would have to step up. There are guys in the stands that would be top "talent" at Maine but they aren't that great and belong in the stands at BC, which brings me back to my original point....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    So their talent doesn't show up on the road? Or are they pretty much where they belong in the PWR and it is commensurate with their talent? Or is Red a horrible coach (only on the road, right!?).

BC could absorb an injury this year to a top guy and be in a lot better shape than last year (Hayes), particularly with Demko likely emerging, but the other freshmen would have to step up. There are guys in the stands that would be top "talent" at Maine but they aren't that great and belong in the stands at BC, which brings me back to my original point....
                    They've only been well beaten in one game on the road, against BC, so it isn't bad performances or lack of effort. I think more than anything else they just haven't quite been good enough. In some cases playing in non-nhl sized rinks hasn't helped either. I'm not too worried about it.

I think Demko is very good but I'll agree to disagree with you on their fate if someone on the top line goes down. Some of the other guys are very athletic but don't think they have the talent to compensate.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Go away little bc nerd. You dont have the qualifications to talk talent like your buddy chrissy does, who has by the way simply disappeared after bc was totally drubbed and scrubbed at Alfond.
                      sure why not

Comment

Larry, you're just upset Skillet is getting replaced by Demko. You'll get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Larry, you're just upset Skillet is getting replaced by Demko. You'll get over it.
                          Getit right...its the donut hole and dumko, I mean dumbkid.
                          You're just pizzed because Hoky called it right...bc's a one line team.
                          sure why not

Comment

Red clearly has struggled to properly motivate and coach this team on the road. This is his first year as a head coach, his home record gives me confidence that he will figure out the road problem eventually.

Future still looks bright from here.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                              Red clearly has struggled to properly motivate and coach this team on the road.
                              Really? Either you haven't watched/listened to/seen any road games other than BC or are seeing it way differently than most of us. Red's coaching isn't the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                                Red clearly has struggled to properly motivate and coach this team on the road. This is his first year as a head coach, his home record gives me confidence that he will figure out the road problem eventually.

Future still looks bright from here.
                                I think Red has tried everything under the sun to get road wins except putting on a pair of skates himself and that wouldn't do ****, no need to finish, you know what I mean. It's in the player's court and they need to do what it takes, period.
                                Last edited by Pucknut; 01-27-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X