PDA

View Full Version : Union at St. Cloud, 12/13 & 12/14

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Exiled One
12-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Sorry UnionHockeyManiac, if you want SCSU fans to participate in the thread, you need the angry face.

Union (10-3-2, 7-1-0 ECAC - #9/10 ranking) travels to St. Cloud (11-1-2, 6-1-1 NCHC - #1/2 ranking) for a pair of games on 12/13 and 12/14. Prior to this matchup, Union plays Dartmouth on Wednesday.

Union comes into the weekend on a 7 game winning streak (will update after Dartmouth game) while SCSU has a 7 game unbeaten streak of their own. The last time these two teams met was back on 10/16, 10/17 in 2009. St. Cloud went 1-0-1 back then.

Should be a good weekend of competitive hockey.

SanTropez
12-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Please create more #26 Union vs JBSU threads, 3 isn't enough.

The Exiled One
12-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Please create more #26 Union vs JBSU threads, 3 isn't enough.
Can do. Do you have a ballpark number? I've got a lot on my schedule and I need to know how much time to block off creating threads.

The Rube
12-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Please create more #26 Union vs #1 JBSU threads, 3 isn't enough.

Fixed because RESPECT!!! :mad::mad::mad:

:D

Red Cloud
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
You misspelled St, Clooud.

The Exiled One
12-09-2013, 01:57 PM
You misspelled St, Clooud.
Out of respect, I just copied and pasted the title from UnionHockeyManic's original thread. I would have had no issue had he chosen to employ creative spelling in his title.

UnionHockeyManiac
12-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Sorry UnionHockeyManiac, if you want SCSU fans to participate in the thread, you need the angry face.

Noted.

:mad:

Should be a fun series. Last time these two teams faced off, Union had never made it to the NCAAs. Now, Union has been to three straight including a trip to the Frozen Four in 2012.

Red Cloud
12-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Out of respect, I just copied and pasted the title from UnionHockeyManic's original thread. I would have had no issue had he chosen to employ creative spelling in his title.

Fair enough, guv'na!

Husckey Domi Nation
12-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Should be a fun series. Last time these two teams faced off, Union had never made it to the NCAAs. Now, Union has been to three straight including a trip to the Frozen Four in 2012.

Union plays a Friday - Saturday back-to-back games schedule for 2013-14 except this week when you play a conference rival game against Dartmouth on Wednesday just before you have to fly out to St. Cloud for two more games this upcoming weekend. Is there any particular reason for this unique scheduling of games this week?

St. Cloud is undefeated on Saturdays so far this season when Union will be playing its third game in four days. Hope you have no travel delays to Minnesota.

Husckeys Sweep.

Red Cloud
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Union plays a Friday - Saturday back-to-back games schedule for 2013-14 except this week when you play a conference rival game against Dartmouth on Wednesday just before you have to fly out to St. Cloud for two more games this upcoming weekend. Is there any particular reason for this unique scheduling of games this week?

The game would normally take place in January on a day when they're scheduled to play RPI in the "Mayor's Cup" in Albany, despite the fact that neither school is in Albany.

rdf8585
12-09-2013, 04:15 PM

St. Cloud is undefeated on Saturdays so far this season when Union will be playing its third game in four days. Hope you have no travel delays to Minnesota.

Husckeys Sweep.

The Weds game vs Dartmouth was originally scheduled for Saturday, January 25. But it was moved to this week because the Mayor's Cup game vs RPI (originally scheduled for December 20) was switched to January 25.

Husckey Domi Nation
12-09-2013, 04:50 PM
The Weds game vs Dartmouth was originally scheduled for Saturday, January 25. But it was moved to this week because the Mayor's Cup game vs RPI (originally scheduled for December 20) was switched to January 25.

Thanks Ryan. And I'll assume Dartmouth did not want to reschedule for December 20.

Red Cloud
12-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks Ryan. And I'll assume Dartmouth did not want to reschedule for December 20.

Let's discuss the pros and cons of this.

The Exiled One
12-10-2013, 06:32 AM
Did you just say you draw inspiration from Kelly Clarkson?
C'mon man, use the correct thread!

UnionHockeyManiac
12-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Is there any way to merge the two threads?

Red Cloud
12-10-2013, 10:02 AM
You could delete yours.

UnionHockeyManiac
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
You could delete yours.

I don't think that would merge them. Good thought though.

ADK11
12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Union (10-3-2, 7-1-0 ECAC - #9/10 ranking) travels to St. Cloud (11-1-2, 6-1-1 NCHC - #1/2 ranking) for a pair of games on 12/13 and 12/14. Prior to this matchup, Union plays Dartmouth on Wednesday.

Union comes into the weekend on a 7 game winning streak (will update after Dartmouth game) while SCSU has a 7 game unbeaten streak of their own. The last time these two teams met was back on 10/16, 10/17 in 2009. St. Cloud went 1-0-1 back then.

Should be a good weekend of competitive hockey.

Brutal stretch for the Dutchmen who play Dartmouth on Wednesday and then fly out before dawn on Thursday for visit to no. 1 team in the nation. Regardless of the outcome this should be an excellent trial by fire come the postseason.

Sleep? What is that?

New Dutchman Fight Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E67o5fIz3E

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller ..."

"What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter ..."

"You didn't think that I'd come back
I'd come back swinging ..."

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger

Go Dutchman !!!!

Come back Swinging !!!!!!

Eli standing taller? I'd like to see that, also his folding into one of those spacious coach seats.

Poor kid has to duck under the black union tarp to go to the locker room as it is lol

Did you just say you draw inspiration from Kelly Clarkson?

I just hope we don't look past Dartmouth. They have plenty of reason to come at us with guns blazing on Wednesday, considering the 7-2 drubbing we gave them on November 1. You have just beaten the top team in the ECAC, last years runner up, and you are going to face the current top team in the country and in between comes along a team that is back on track and mad as hell and itching to knock you off. This is a coaching nightmare. As far as I am concern Dartmouth is way more important than SCSU. I'd take the two points in the ECAC and screw the trip to Minnesota. With 5 games in 9 days we are going to be too exhausted to do anything anyway. Knocking of Dartmouth will give us a good shot at the Cleary Cup.

Is there any way to merge the two threads?

Delete this one. The thread creator can do that.

But then all this valuable insight will be lost forever!

I wish we could delete you as a poster. Can the thread creator do that?..and we are merged. Isn't it wonderful to have everything together in one big happy family!!! ..drat another thread just popped up:mad:

UnionHockeyManiac
12-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks ADK. Let's use this one.

Red Cloud
12-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I don't think that would merge them. Good thought though.

It would merge the discussion into one thread, which was really the point.