Minnesota State at Alabama-Huntsville 12/13 and 12/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State at Alabama-Huntsville 12/13 and 12/14

This is a crucial series for the Mavericks. They must get four points. They head south winning their last 5 games, and gladly enjoying having Zach Lehrke. Keep it rolling, gentleman.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: Minnesota State at Alabama-Huntsville 12/13 and 12/14

Check in.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

With a focused effort, the Mavs should be able to leave Huntsville with the much needed 4 points. With that being said, Minn St. has not been a good road team this year. UAH is improving, and can beat anyone if you let them hang around. With our current weather, I wish I could make this road trip.

Go Mavs!!!

Comment

Must have 4 points, that is all

Comment

Originally posted by MAVSFAN4EVER View Post
          UAH is improving, and can beat anyone if you let them hang around.
          Or, as we found out last year, at the very least they can tie you if you let them hang around. Given that we've struggled a little this year, we're 8 points out of first, UAH won at Bowling Green last week and tied us last year, you'd think we'll understand the urgency of this weekend. But college kids do stupid things every day, like stiffing a cabbie on a $4 fee.

Comment

There's no excuse for coming home with less than four points. They have to use the two games they have in hand to close the gap on Ferris State. The Mavericks will be superior in talent all weekend and they must match the effort UAH will give. (No disrespect to UAH, but it's just the truth.)
            AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              There's no excuse for coming home with less than four points. They have to use the two games they have in hand to close the gap on Ferris State. The Mavericks will be superior in talent all weekend and they must match the effort UAH will give. (No disrespect to UAH, but it's just the truth.)
              I'm looking for a big weekend from Zach Stepan before he joins the national team. Hopefully, we get to see him in the red, white, and blue on the 17th.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVSFAN4EVER View Post
                I'm looking for a big weekend from Zach Stepan before he joins the national team. Hopefully, we get to see him in the red, white, and blue on the 17th.
                Wouldn't that be something.

Lots of UAH chatter in here...
                AF 99

Comment

We need it, but I would say in looking at UAH's results from this year, they're not nearly as bad as I thought. Yes, there were the 2 real drubbings, but those were against Northeastern in the first game of the year (and Northeastern has been way better than most thought they'd be) and against #1 St. Cloud. A bunch of one goal games in there. They're having trouble scoring, but it's not like they're giving up 6 or 7 a night. Led Ferris and St. Cloud in the third period. Don't sleep on them, or even nap a little!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    We need it, but I would say in looking at UAH's results from this year, they're not nearly as bad as I thought. Yes, there were the 2 real drubbings, but those were against Northeastern in the first game of the year (and Northeastern has been way better than most thought they'd be) and against #1 St. Cloud. A bunch of one goal games in there. They're having trouble scoring, but it's not like they're giving up 6 or 7 a night. Led Ferris and St. Cloud in the third period. Don't sleep on them, or even nap a little!
                    Exactly why we need it; If we want to call ourselves a top team in this conference and this country, they need to sweep series such as this weekend's.
                    AF 99

Comment

Freep headline this morning - "MSU won't overlook Huntsville". I hope that's right. I am a little concerned about this weekend. They can not take their foot off the pedal.

We should and have to get 4.

Comment

Wouldn't that be something.

Lots of UAH chatter in here...
                        What can we say? We'll do the best we can.

Here's a tidbit: The all-time series is tied at 19-19-5, playing off and on since 1988 as D-I and D-II. I'm glad the WCHA has made us regulars again.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          If there's one thing I think Coach Corbett has done very well is getting the team to adjust. It's no coincidence that our one-goal losses and our win were on Saturdays.
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                            If there's one thing I think Coach Corbett has done very well is getting the team to adjust. It's no coincidence that our one-goal losses and our win were on Saturdays.
                            Well, tomorrow should be interesting then, because the Mavs have generally been better on Saturdays as well. Two points in the pocket, let's get the other two tomorrow night.
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I'm not usually one to get angry like this, but show some class UAH. You're in a 2-1 game; play hard an don't get cheap because you're the worst team in college hockey. Win or lose, do it with class.
                              AF 99

Comment

Working...
                              X