Patty Kaz 2014 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Kaz 2014 Thread

Now that we're at the break it's a good time to consider the Patty Kazmaier race. It looks wide open at this point, with Kelly Babstock, Jamie Lee Ratray, and a host of Golden Gophers at the top of the list. Thoughts?

Re: Patty Kaz 2014 Thread

As much as I'd love to see another Gopher in this race, the team's balance will probably prevent it as the scoring is too spread out. It's a real nice problem to have.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Haley Skarupa says hello
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
        As much as I'd love to see another Gopher in this race, the team's balance will probably prevent it as the scoring is too spread out. It's a real nice problem to have.
        at the half way point, 4 of the top 8 forwards are Gophers, and 2 of the top 4 blueliners as far as scoring goes

I wish they'd list the +/- too

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          at the half way point, 4 of the top 8 forwards are Gophers, and 2 of the top 4 blueliners as far as scoring goes

I'd like to see the adjusted Corsi ratings.

Comment

Forwards? D? Goalies?

ECAC Tops:

Top forwards (ECAC) - Rattray, Fulton Babstock

Top D - Ambrose, Poudrier, Edney

Top Goalies - Maschmeyer, Howe

I haven't checked, but when was the last non-forward selected?

Comment

Sorry for the slant to the Knights, but Rattray can be very good and Ambrose is having a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by clarksoncluck View Post
                Vetter in 2009.

I agree on your other Clarkson choices, but has Howe been at the top of her game in the first half? I don't think her performance has been up there with Maschmeyer or Rigsby.

We also have to include Cornell's top line in the discussion, particularly Fulton who leads in Points Per Game.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Vetter in 2009.

I agree on your other Clarkson choices, but has Howe been at the top of her game in the first half? I don't think her performance has been up there with Maschmeyer or Rigsby.

We also have to include Cornell's top line in the discussion, particularly Fulton who leads in Points Per Game.
                  Howe has some inconsistencies, but still managed 7 SO's. Maschmeyer was a big difference when Harvard beat Clarkson 2 - 0 earlier. Never seen Rigbsy play, but her stats are good.

Your probably right with the whole Cornell first line, I just like Fulton the most. Both Fulton and Rattray have game changing ability, skate aggressively, score big goals, get pucks to the net, and take the puck to the net.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    They do. Just gotta look at the right places.

In the ECAC the +/- leaders are Ambrose (+24) and Babstock (+20)
                    Last edited by OnMAA; 12-09-2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Did not check either, but if memory serves me correctly Vetter and probably Ruggiero prior to that. Seems to be happening about every 5 years or so, so maybe due, but IMHO the best recent chance was last year with Raty.

Comment

Howe has some inconsistencies, but still managed 7 SO's. Maschmeyer was a big difference when Harvard beat Clarkson 2 - 0 earlier. Never seen Rigbsy play, but her stats are good.

Your probably right with the whole Cornell first line, I just like Fulton the most. Both Fulton and Rattray have game changing ability, skate aggressively, score big goals, get pucks to the net, and take the puck to the net.
                        Having watched Cornell a lot. I would put Saulnier as an equal with Fulton when it comes to driving to the net. Both are exceptional players and have very good stick handling skills. Campbell is also extremely good, but has a different skill set. She is smaller and extremely fast. She works best breaking up ice and on the perimeter. All three compliment each other nicely.
                        Last edited by mattj711; 12-09-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                          Having watched Cornell a lot. I would put Saulnier as an equal with Fulton when it comes to driving to the net. Both are exceptional players and have very good stick handling skills. Campbell is also extremely good, but has a different skill set. She is smaller and extremely fast. She works best breaking up ice and on the perimeter, while the other two are great at driving to the net. All three compliment each other nicely.
                          Saulnier was the standout in the BC series, FWIW.

Comment

As we're this early on, I have to at least put Alex Rigsby's name on the list. Rigsby's had a lot less talent in front of her than Vetter did and she'll break pretty much every one of Vetter's Wisco records this year (only one not on the line is shutouts, I believe). Already tied Vetter for wins and took over for total minutes played.
                            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                              As we're this early on, I have to at least put Alex Rigsby's name on the list. Rigsby's had a lot less talent in front of her than Vetter did and she'll break pretty much every one of Vetter's Wisco records this year (only one not on the line is shutouts, I believe). Already tied Vetter for wins and took over for total minutes played.
                              My opinion is that I would not. Your argument is flawed because career performance (i.e. prior years) is not supposed to have any influence on the award -- it's a single-year award (a discussion point we seem to have every year).

With Rigsby missing a couple series due to her knee and Ann-Renee Desbiens getting some playing time even before the injury, I see Alex only making the Top 10 at best but not the Top 3.
                              Last edited by CrazyDave; 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM.
                              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X