UAA vs Lake Superior, 'twas the fight before Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA vs Lake Superior, 'twas the fight before Christmas

Yesterday was the first time I listened to UAA hockey on the radio. I was pretty impressed with your crew. Looking forward to listening tonight.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Yesterday was the first time I listened to UAA hockey on the radio. I was pretty impressed with your crew. Looking forward to listening tonight.
      Hope Kurt sees your compliment.
      We're lucky to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        He is very good, we are all very glad he did not jump ship to our pro team. Seems like every five years they need a new one
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Sucks.
          The team plays better than the fan support and deserves better.
          Nobody was there last night. And with the way the snow is falling right now, don't expect too many more tonight.
          _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
          No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Coach says it's hands down the worst game we've played this season
            A lot of selfish play that lead to dumb turnovers, lazy play that lead to dumb turnovers. A lot of ho hum skating around. 2 things for me anyway, we play way too nervous with the puck...too quick to get rid of it, and we don't seem to play well on our big ice surface at all. Part of the problem with practice at the farg and play at Sully. Zack #40 is sweet with the puck around the net. Check his quick accurate passing out. Move him up onto another line. PP was awful last night.
            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
              Nobody was there last night. And with the way the snow is falling right now, don't expect too many more tonight.
              Don't complain about the weather.
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                A lot of selfish play that lead to dumb turnovers, lazy play that lead to dumb turnovers. A lot of ho hum skating around. 2 things for me anyway, we play way too nervous with the puck...too quick to get rid of it, and we don't seem to play well on our big ice surface at all. Part of the problem with practice at the farg and play at Sully. Zack #40 is sweet with the puck around the net. Check his quick accurate passing out. Move him up onto another line. PP was awful last night.
                Rassell, Hubbs, Friesen, Dusyk, Van Allen, Duwe all freshmen and all look like good additions who should only improve with experience.
                Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  He is very good, we are all very glad he did not jump ship to our pro team. Seems like every five years they need a new one
                  I listened to him though the video feed last night, and he is one of the best I have heard of the WCHA teams.

Comment

Hope Kurt sees your compliment.
                    We're lucky to have him.

I hope he sees it to, he did a great job. I also am looking forward to listening tonight.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Gutsy win boys
                      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Congrats UAA fans for the first ever victory against LSSU. We shall chat again in a similar thread in February when UAA comes to LSSU.

Again kudos to the radio crew. I'm not sure if LSSU plays in Anchorage next year, but if they do, I know I'll have a solid radio crew to listen to.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                          Don't complain about the weather.
                          No complaint, just an observation from someone who WENT to the game tonight.

Comment

Whoever sharpened leask's skates tonight did a poor job. He blew half a dozen tires out there. It was like a Nascar race out there.

Comment

Whoever sharpened leask's skates tonight did a poor job. He blew half a dozen tires out there. It was like a Nascar race out there.
                              I heard from one of the players that the ice was really soft last night ... due to a concert that was held at the Sully maybe? We had quite a few guys fall down! You'd think at the college level their skates would be sharpened to perfection, wouldn't you? (DD always said skates needed to be sharpened when players fell down too). Maybe that was the problem, maybe not.

In any event. they got the WIN! Much needed, and something positive heading into the Christmas break.

LSSULaker889294 - glad you enjoyed the UAA radio crew, they are the best! And thanks for the congratulations, not something you hear often from the opposing side, but nice to hear.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Player makes the call on how his skates are sharpened.

Comment

Working...
                                X