• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
    Springsteen.
    Moody Blues.

Tom Rush out on Boulder Field
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Moody Blues.

Tom Rush out on Boulder Field
      Eagles on Boulder Field just after their first album came out.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        UNH should dump Men's basketball and bring back lacrosse. They were actually decent in fielding a team. The Sports Illustrated article people are referencing happened when I was there. IIRC, it was about a UNH /Dartmouth game in which the two schools had the longest losing streaks in Division 1 basketball. ( 18/19 games each?). I think they may have called UNH the all-time worst D1 program. I like college BB and I believe I went to one game as a student. They were/are terrible. Nothing has changed.

basketball is a DI requirement
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
          Eagles on Boulder Field just after their first album came out.
          Don't know how I missed the Eagles but I think I did

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Don't know how I missed the Eagles but I think I did
            At the time, very few had ever heard of them. "Take It Easy" was just starting to get some airtime.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
              At the time, very few had ever heard of them. "Take It Easy" was just starting to get some airtime.
              Ya. I probably thought they were some rag tag Hippies from California and couldn't be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                I saw them and Dan Fogelberg at the Music Hall in Boston just before the 'One Of These Nights' album came out. They played BOTH albums that night, and Folgelberg joined them for 4 songs in the encore. Great concert!
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  I saw them and Dan Fogelberg at the Music Hall in Boston just before the 'One Of These Nights' album came out. They played BOTH albums that night, and Folgelberg joined them for 4 songs in the encore. Great concert!
                  Ha you guys are dating yourselves...love it . Here's a concert for the ages the old Gillette Stafium Boz Scaggs, Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles when Joe Walsh had just joined them...Ah those were the daze
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Best show that I ever saw in UNH field house was a Pat Metheny concert in 1979. Second best was three of the Chicago Seven in April 1970. Never saw a UNH basketball game in the field house, not even during all my years in Durham public schools, so cannot comment on the quality of those teams.
                    Springsteen in 1977.

Comment

Red Hot Chili Peppers, after having their field house show cancelled by the administration (due to the lack of clothes they wore on stage at the time), played a free show on a Saturday afternoon between the upper and lower quads (on the tennis courts). It had rained buckets for a couple weeks and been a cold spring in general. That morning dawned hot and sunny, we had a vodka breakfast on our (SAE) front lawn, and proceeded to mosh for two hours in 8 inches of mud. Phenomenal. 1990, methinks.

It was also around that time that we ended the longest ever home losing streak in basketball. IIRC, we lost a "guaranteed win" night the previous game, where DHOP or some other restaurant lost their shirt. We won the next game, and I think attendance doubled after halftime!
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        ... between the upper and lower quads (on the tennis courts)
                        don't remember there ever being tennis courts between upper and lower, behind Fairchild on the other hand...

We've also drifted far afield from the thread topic: FIRE MARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                          don't remember there ever being tennis courts between upper and lower, behind Fairchild on the other hand...

Right behind Hetzel. Parking lot now. I think they were tennis courts. Else it was a parking lot. Opposite side from where Karl hung out.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/red-hot-chili-peppers/1990/university-of-new-hampshire-durham-nh-1bd69d1c.html

Okay, it was a parking lot. Don't know why tennis courts seemed right. Point still stands? Great day, great show.
                          Last edited by wildcatdc; 01-17-2014, 04:43 PM.
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Used to love watching Cindy Blodget drop down 3's from half court; not so successful as women's coach there?
                            She didn't understand why the players didn't have the same off-the-chart work ethic that she did. Kind of like how Ted failed as a hitting coach because he couldn't understand how the guys couldn't see the rotation of the seams.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                              I'd assumed BS35 had this thread infiltrated with like-minded geezers to get us off the original topic ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Welcome aboard, Marty. So tell us ... why do most of FOWH take issue with your version of events, AND your actions?

The floor is all yours, mon ami ... let's clear this up once and for all, eh? Y'know, for "the good of the program", right??
                                Look I am sorry I cannot say exactly what happened out of respect for the university and the girls on the team. I am just a student who is friends with a lot of girls on the team. I only commented on this thread because I was surprised how many people were accusing the girls of lying, etc. I GUARANTEE you would have no problem with the university's decision if you knew what happened on the bench during the game and its repercussions afterward. I honestly wish I could just tell you all what happened so that I could stop being yelled at also. Don't you think he would have to do something severe to be fired after 20 years of coaching? Again, I apologize that I cannot say what happened even though most of you won't believe what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X