PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45

Snively65
06-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Mike Lynch , BU AD, has resigned... Marty Scarano shouldn't be allowed that courtesy... He should be fired..the silence remains deafening...

Semantics. Either would be fine.

Chuck Murray
06-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Mike Lynch , BU AD, has resigned... Marty Scarano shouldn't be allowed that courtesy... He should be fired..the silence remains deafening...

Worry not, Czarry ... your UNH Wildcats are in the ever-so-incompetent hands of USNH's crack legal (or is that legal crack? :eek: ) team, the slow slide through mediocrity on the Men's side remains unabated, and the Women's team should be wading through the flooded HE basement at least until BS35's grandchildren are old enough to legally start drinking. Luckily for most of us on here, we don't have to wait that long (to drink, anyway). :D

Snively65
06-07-2014, 10:05 AM
My monthly Google search turned up these; not sure how I missed them earlier, unless they have been only recently bumped up the Google ladder.

http://www.unhwildcats.com/athleticsDept/directory/bios/Marty_Scarano

https://activedata.babson.edu/EventList.aspx?fromdate=4/23/2014&todate=4/23/2014&display=Day&type=public&eventidn=5600&view=EventDetails&information_id=23020

Aerman
06-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Marty has a Masters in "Environmental History."

That's a thing?!?

Snively65
06-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Marty has a Masters in "Environmental History."

That's a thing?!?

All the better for a LEED-certified football stadium and a LED-lit Jumbotron at Lake Whitt.

Darius
06-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Almost time to shovel for new UNH facility:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140617/SPORTS22/140619111

Snively65
06-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Almost time to shovel for new UNH facility:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140617/SPORTS22/140619111

Thanks for posting, Darius. Someday, I will figure out a way to post my construction photos of Snively in 1965. :)

Chuck Murray
06-22-2014, 11:26 AM
There is apparently going to be an "unofficial" meeting for Friends of UNH Women's Hockey this Tuesday (June 24th) evening @ 7:00 p.m. at the Applebee's Restaurant in Epping. There has not been an official meeting of the FOWH Board for several months, dating back to the contentious discussions and resgignations in the aftermath of Coach McCloskey's dismissal. It is my understanding this meeting is for general informational purposes, and it should be interesting to see if UNH and the remaining BOD members take a conciliatory approach to the get-together ... OR if there will be agendas pursued/grudges held from the events of the last several months.

Snively65
06-27-2014, 01:08 PM
There is apparently going to be an "unofficial" meeting for Friends of UNH Women's Hockey this Tuesday (June 24th) evening @ 7:00 p.m. at the Applebee's Restaurant in Epping. There has not been an official meeting of the FOWH Board for several months, dating back to the contentious discussions and resgignations in the aftermath of Coach McCloskey's dismissal. It is my understanding this meeting is for general informational purposes, and it should be interesting to see if UNH and the remaining BOD members take a conciliatory approach to the get-together ... OR if there will be agendas pursued/grudges held from the events of the last several months.

Any reports?

Chuck Murray
06-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Any reports?

My understanding is that the folks who are running FOWH these days called off the meeting at the last minute, without getting word out to several non-board members who were planning to attend. No word yet on a rescheduled meeting.

In other news ... it sounds like the West Stadium project just got the official green light. Good news for UNH. :)

freak
06-30-2014, 06:14 AM
In other news ... it sounds like the West Stadium project just got the official green light. Good news for UNH. :)

Good news? I must have missed the bad (for UNH) news that came out recently, if good news is being reported now.

Chuck Murray
07-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Good news? I must have missed the bad (for UNH) news that came out recently, if good news is being reported now.

I take it then that you are in favor of either (1) continuing to have UNH Football playing in that eyesore of a glorified HS stadium, or (2) you favor the termination of the UNH Football program entirely? :confused:

DC78-82
07-01-2014, 10:25 AM
My understanding is that the folks who are running FOWH these days called off the meeting at the last minute, without getting word out to several non-board members who were planning to attend. No word yet on a rescheduled meeting.

What happened was, the meeting was cancelled the Thursday before (the Tuesday meeting.) It was scheduled to take place in Epping, NH at 7pm out of courtesy to a board member who was coming from Manchester. A select few were notified, including the Manchester attendee, and didn't show up, but a few of us, including a current Board member who drove down from Amherst, and the founder of FOWH who drove from Maine. Although eash of us were notified of the meeting in the same email, not all of us were extended the courtesy of the cancellation. A sign of the times, and the misguided leadership that was in place until midnight last night.

As of now, the by laws have been violated and / or ignored to the extent that I have no idea if a booster group even exists, and as the seconds tick forward, I care less and less. And I am one of the hold outs.

Ryan422
07-01-2014, 06:29 PM
I take it then that you are in favor of either (1) continuing to have UNH Football playing in that eyesore of a glorified HS stadium, or (2) you favor the termination of the UNH Football program entirely? :confused:

freak could certainly agree with one or both of those but I think the point he was making is that lately it seems only good news is reported on the heels of bad news coming out.

UncleRay
07-01-2014, 07:45 PM
What happened was, the meeting was cancelled the Thursday before (the Tuesday meeting.) It was scheduled to take place in Epping, NH at 7pm out of courtesy to a board member who was coming from Manchester. A select few were notified, including the Manchester attendee, and didn't show up, but a few of us, including a current Board member who drove down from Amherst, and the founder of FOWH who drove from Maine. Although eash of us were notified of the meeting in the same email, not all of us were extended the courtesy of the cancellation. A sign of the times, and the misguided leadership that was in place until midnight last night.

As of now, the by laws have been violated and / or ignored to the extent that I have no idea if a booster group even exists, and as the seconds tick forward, I care less and less. And I am one of the hold outs.I'm sorry to hear all this.

Chuck Murray
07-02-2014, 08:39 AM
freak could certainly agree with one or both of those but I think the point he was making is that lately it seems only good news is reported on the heels of bad news coming out.

Oh yeah, I somehow forgot that. :o The 2001 "Ministry of Truth" thingie over at Airstrip Four. :D

Snively65
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear all this.

No worries; we have two new NHL draft picks coming to Durham this fall. :)

Looking forward to Cats-Bears games on the narrow rinks in Manchester and Portland this season. :rolleyes:

UncleRay
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
No worries; we have two new NHL draft picks coming to Durham this fall. :)

Looking forward to Cats-Bears games on the narrow rinks in Manchester and Portland this season. :rolleyes:And now that we are finally getting games worth watching in Portland, I might be headed to the left coast. :mad:

freak
07-04-2014, 03:15 PM

NM, Ryan covered it.

Snively65
07-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Any sightings of BS35 lately?