Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Juniors Thread (Including Roster, Stats, Standings and Schedule)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors Thread (Including Roster, Stats, Standings and Schedule)

Excellent check by the Czech player on the linesman as the 2nd period ended.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Who scored? I'm in a car driving to New York so I can't watch.
      I added a column to the game post on the first page and will update with US Goal Scorers (only US goal scorers) during US games
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
        In some ways, I wish that the US-Canada game were earlier in the tournament, before either team is assured of a medal round berth. Eliminates any possibility of gamesmanship (e.g. depending on matchups, you might think your chances are better finishing second in the round robin).

Looks like Germany will be in the Relegation round. I can't understand why the Germans can't come up with a better hockey program. They're very strong in pretty much every other sport. They're not even competitive so far.
        They were fairly decent back when it was West Germany. Perhaps the pool of kids to choose from is a bit limited.

Comment

Understand that you can't have unlimited OTs in a Round Robin, but it's a shame that this game has to end in a shootout.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          They were fairly decent back when it was West Germany. Perhaps the pool of kids to choose from is a bit limited.
          If the East Germans could produce semi-female swimmers with facial hair and deep voices, imagine what they could do with a women's hockey team

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            Understand that you can't have unlimited OTs in a Round Robin, but it's a shame that this game has to end in a shootout.
            Let's go Czechs!

Comment

Forsberg goal sick

Comment

Helluva move

Comment

Fire Sutter!!!!
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

US beat Slovakia 6-3, Slovakia beat Germany 9-2, Canada beat Germany 7-2, US beat Czech Republic 5-1, Czech Republic beat Canada in a shootout.

I'm expecting double digits against Germany. And Slovakia to have some confidence against Canada. EDIT: But four teams make the medal round...
                    Last edited by Bonin21; 12-28-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      US beat Slovakia 6-3, Slovakia beat Germany 9-2, Canada beat Germany 7-2, US beat Czech Republic 5-1, Czech Republic beat Canada in a shootout.

I'm expecting double digits against Germany. And Slovakia to have some confidence against Canada. EDIT: But four teams make the medal round...
                      Perhaps that's why they changed the rules? Because Canada knew they'd suck and didn't want to put up with the embarrassment of facing relegation?

Comment

Nice job, Czech Republic!

Comment

• Anthony Stolarz gets the start in net for the US today against Germany. Puck drop set for 9am on nhl network.

I thought Lucia would go with the backup off this game. I incorrectly put Demko instead of Stolarz though. Got my backups screwed up.

Great to see Stolarz get a chance though! Let's go bots, three more points and we're in a great spot heading into Canada showdown.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Good Morning World Junior followers! Today, we get the Germans, who are in danger of relegation. The standings thus far:

USA: 2-0-0, 6, +7
                            CAN: 1-0-1, 4, +4
                            SVK: 1-1-0, 3, +4
                            CZE: 0-1-1, 2, -3
                            GER: 0-2-0, 0, -12

And on the other side for matchups:

RUS: 2-0-0, 6, +17
                            SWE: 2-0-0, 6, +4
                            FIN: 1-1-0, 3, +2
                            SUI: 0-2-0, 0, -8
                            NOR: 0-2-0, 0, -15

Thus far, we are on track to play either Finland or Switzerland in the quarterfinal match, but anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Anthony Stolarz gets the start in net for the US today against Germany. Puck drop set for 9am on nhl network.

I thought Lucia would go with the backup off this game. I incorrectly put Demko instead of Stolarz though. Got my backups screwed up.

Great to see Stolarz get a chance though! Let's go bots, three more points and we're in a great spot heading into Canada showdown.
                              We can't overlook Germany, though. We need to at least get this to overtime in order to guarantee our spot in the quarterfinals.

Comment

WJC GAME RESET

Time: 0:00

Score:
                                T USA:
                                T GER:

Power Plays:
                                USA:
                                GER:

Comment

Working...
                                X