Ohio State vs Minnesota 12/7 - 12/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota 12/7 - 12/8

This will obviously be a big challenge for the Buckeyes, but they did finally break out of a big slump. The Bucks had gone 0-8-1 in their last nine games before heading up to New Hampshire to take on the Wildcats. The Buckeyes swept UNH by scores of 3-2 and 2-0. The comment I saw the most from UNH fans was that they thought our team was much better than their record, and I would agree with that. The question is, do we have the ship righted enough to be competitive with #1-ranked Minnesota? We'll find out this weekend. This is a Saturday/Sunday series with Saturday's game starting at 6:00 and Sunday's game starting at noon. Hope to see CrazyDave and some of the other Minnesota fans this weekend! Have a safe trip down, for those who are coming.

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota 12/7 - 12/8

Expect the two wins can only energize and inspire the Buckeyes to play well with renewed confidence. Expected that when I read about the team meeting...so I think everything they did right and the overall effort vs. UNH will continue. Return to conference play with valuable points at stake...the break coming up all should make for intensity on both benches.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Hope to see CrazyDave and some of the other Minnesota fans this weekend! Have a safe trip down, for those who are coming.
      Planning on being there... Will be the third year in a row I've made the trip. But I'm not exactly liking the weather forecasts from an air travel point-of-view... hoping I don't have any problems with connecting flights in Chicago.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

I predict the Buckeyes end the Gopher Sat.-Sun. series streak.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          I predict the Buckeyes end the Gopher Sat.-Sun. series streak.
          In January?
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
            Planning on being there... Will be the third year in a row I've made the trip. But I'm not exactly liking the weather forecasts from an air travel point-of-view... hoping I don't have any problems with connecting flights in Chicago.
            Be safe, Dave! You heard correctly, we are supposed to get some precipitation around here, although I am only hearing 4-6". After living through the Blizzard of '78 here in Ohio, I can deal with 4-6".

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cle/wx_event...d/blizpic2.jpg

No, that's not me in the picture but you get my drift (haha, pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Be safe, Dave! You heard correctly, we are supposed to get some precipitation around here, although I am only hearing 4-6". After living through the Blizzard of '78 here in Ohio, I can deal with 4-6".
              And I lived (and drove an open-cab tractor) through Minnesota's Halloween/All-Saints Day Blizzard of 1991. So I agree.... 6 inches of snow is no big deal.

I'm actually flying into Cincy and staying with a GWH friend. Getting in late Friday night (again, assuming no problems with my connecting flight at O'Hare).

Comment

And I lived (and drove an open-cab tractor) through Minnesota's Halloween/All-Saints Day Blizzard of 1991. So I agree.... 6 inches of snow is no big deal.
                I actually drove to St. Cloud (and back - very slowly) that Friday night to see a Gophers/Huskies men's game. Worst Minnesota blizzard of all time, and that's saying something! Anything since has been pretty tame by comparison.

P.S. Gophers won!
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Word on the Gophers' team Twitter account at 10 a.m. CT this morning was that their flight to Columbus was cancelled and they were trying to make other arrangements. No travel updates have been posted since then, though Kelly Terry posted about the storm itself about an hour ago.

I'm still hoping for only minimal difficulties getting to Cincinnati tonight. I'm still at home at the moment (2:25 pm CT), but leaving for the airport in the next hour or so.
                  Last edited by CrazyDave; 12-06-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I'm still hoping for only minimal difficulties getting to Cincinnati tonight. I'm still at home at the moment (2:25 pm CT), but leaving for the airport in the next hour or so.
                    As of 4pm Eastern time I'm in Valparaiso, Indiana. So I have yet to hit any of the snow.

Comment

Twitter update: Gophers just arrived in Columbus.

Comment

Twitter update: Gophers just arrived in Columbus.
                        Glad to hear it. Hope everyone arrives safely. I'll be listening for you during the games CD. Keep the officials honest...and no after the buzzer rough stuff in the stands.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                          Keep the officials honest...and no after the buzzer rough stuff in the stands.
                          And let everyone know when there's a minute left in each period!
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            And let everyone know when there's a minute left in each period!
                            I only ask the question... it's the PA announcer's job to provide the answer.

Comment

Check those standings. Some pretty important points on the line in Columbus.

Hope Buckeye Vision can provide me a good seat.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X