B1G Kitties visit the KC -Wisconsin hosts Penn State 12/6 & 12/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1G Kitties visit the KC -Wisconsin hosts Penn State 12/6 & 12/7

No doubt I'll regret this thread, as it's likely to be populated only by Badgers and some rampant drive by Gophers... but so be it.

Penn State comes to Madison looking for respect after 3 straight one goal losses to ranked teams, most recently losing a barn burner to Union with only 3 ticks on the clock.

Discuss.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Re: B1G Kitties visit the KC -Wisconsin hosts Penn State 12/6 & 12/7

Penn State is *sigh* 1-1 all time in the Kohl Center.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Yes. That brings us to the B1G question of the day! Is revenge indeed a dish best served cold?

Cold!

See ice.. it's cold...

Hockey... on ice?

...anyone??
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Yes. That brings us to the B1G question of the day! Is revenge indeed a dish best served cold?

Cold!

See ice.. it's cold...

Hockey... on ice?

...anyone??
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SlgD4mCro0
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          This is a big chance for vengeance! Think of how they were embarrassed and put in a much more difficult position last season! This is why, besides the fact that it's Wisconsin Badgers hockey, I'm pumped up for these games! This is not just a ho-hum game!

Comment

Yeah! I am all about the big ti.....whoops. Misread the thread title.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              This is a B1G chance for vengeance! Think of how they were embarrassed and put in a much more difficult position last season! This is why, besides the fact that it's Wisconsin Badgers hockey, I'm pumped up for these games! This is not just a ho-hum game!
              Fixed that. But I agree it's far from ho-hum.

Unlike years ago, there aren't any sure things on the schedule in D-1 hockey anymore. One does not have to look far to see it: #53 RPI Holy Cross downs BC this weekend, #57 RPI Sacred Heart downed Lowell earlier, #49 Princeton has beaten #5 Q. Zero for 14- UAH took the #2 Cloudies to the limit a couple weeks ago...

PSU comes in to Madison playing well, giving #7 Lowell and #11 Union all they wanted and more. No doubt they see a great opportunity to make some noise in what is for them, the B1G opener. They possess what can be a dangerous combination: They never saw a shot they didn't like, (and as we found out last year), they have what can be very good to great netminders, and they are very hungry for a win after falling just short in their last 3 outings.

I expect the Badgers to be just as hungry after the disappointment of Saturday, but to be sure, they will have to keep their foot on the gas all weekend or things can easily go astray. Should really be a very good weekend of hockey.

Having said all that, come early Sunday morning I fully expect this to be the scene back in University Park, PA:

Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 12-03-2013, 10:02 AM.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I knew this thread would be a smashing success!

Highlights of PSU's last game vs. Union

btw- I find the game call on this clip a huge improvement over ESPNU.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  I knew this thread would be a smashing success!

Highlights of PSU's last game vs. Union

btw- I find the game call on this clip a huge improvement over ESPNU.
                  How about this one?

Comment

I'm not sure yet, but there's a chance you'll hear a "we want Dante" chant this weekend. I hope that's not a recruiting violation.

Comment

I'm not sure yet, but there's a chance you'll hear a "we want Dante" chant this weekend. I hope that's not a recruiting violation.
                      Lol no, that's not a violation.

Comment

Just a chance? MAKE IT HAPPEN. That will seal the deal.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I was thinking the Crease Creatures would put together a huge allegorical production of Dante's Inferno on Ice --you know, costumes, songs, dance numbers, the whole nine yards. Practically writes itself once you consider all nine circles of hell are easily represented by gophers and blue weasels! Just need to make up some signs, and then...

umm... I mean...

A chant... yeah, a chant is good.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I am not a smart man, so what the heck does "we want Dante" mean. Maybe I missed it or something, so proceed with ridiculing me once you explain it.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              I am not a smart man, so what the heck does "we want Dante" mean. Maybe I missed it or something, so proceed with ridiculing me once you explain it.
                              Here you go:

From the recruiting thread:
                              Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Blue chipper visiting this weekend. Dante Fabbro, 98-born defenseman from British Columbia.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=247041
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                              X