PDA

View Full Version : Crank up the offense Bemidji visits Tech

Pages : [1] 2

Huskiefan906
12-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech still not firing on all cylinders, hopefully the
Home crowd and a healthy David Johnstone can spark their offense.

UpNorthHockey
12-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Pietila, Furne, Johnstone and Rix all need to get going. These four guys should all have double their points. The tough early season schedule resulted in a lot of low-scoring defensive battles and it seems to have frustrated these upperclassmen. Maybe a home series with Bemidji will get the monkey off their back. It better, because Bemidji has a much more potent offense than Tech right now and they've done well against some tough opponents.

beaverhockeyfan
12-02-2013, 10:08 AM
This will be interesting to see which team has gas left in the tank. Neither of these teams has had a weekend off since starting the year. I know the injury bug has been in the Beaver Locker Room with some guys sitting out for extended periods.

moose97
12-02-2013, 10:19 AM
I got a text that there is a group of BSU fans heading to Houghton this weekend. When they asked if I would be there, I had to let them know Tech is closer to Bemidji than it is to Traverse City :eek:

I'm looking forward to seeing BSU maybe again in the Soo...

beaverhockeyfan
12-02-2013, 11:33 AM
I got a text that there is a group of BSU fans heading to Houghton this weekend. When they asked if I would be there, I had to let them know Tech is closer to Bemidji than it is to Traverse City :eek:

Those darn lakes get in the way of all the fun!

moose97
12-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Those darn lakes get in the way of all the fun!

Well, those lakes are a big part OF the fun most of the time. Can't tell you though, how many times I've wished there was a bridge from, say, Manitowok, WI to Manistee, MI, and one from Manistique, MI to Charlevoix, MI via Beaver Island. As absurd as each would be, they would save a ton on travel time...

manurespreader
12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Well, those lakes are a big part OF the fun most of the time. Can't tell you though, how many times I've wished there was a bridge from, say, Manitowok, WI to Manistee, MI, and one from Manistique, MI to Charlevoix, MI via Beaver Island. As absurd as each would be, they would save a ton on travel time...

by cessna it's 1.5 hours roughly.

Huskiefan906
12-03-2013, 08:40 PM
With Johnstone back would like the best offensive players to play against Bemidji.

Fwd lines
Eick. Neville Petan
Pietila Kero D. Johnstone
Vallis Baltus Heinonen
Furne Rix Gould

The Rube
12-03-2013, 08:43 PM

Yes it is. Having made the TC-to-TC drive (Twin Cities-Traverse City)....man.....stupid lake.

beaverhockeyfan
12-04-2013, 08:12 AM
So I wonder if this little weather "outburst" will affect the Beavers' trip to the UP?

bigblue_dl
12-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Take the ferry!!!!! ;)

UpNorthHockey
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
With Johnstone back would like the best offensive players to play against Bemidji.

Fwd lines
Eick. Neville Petan
Pietila Kero D. Johnstone
Vallis Baltus Heinonen
Furne Rix Gould

No Hietala? He's been pretty hot this season. I might switch him for Vallis or Gould.

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I'd definitely put Hietala in over Gould at this point, especially at home.

Pietila's got to get going though, so far he's only got 1 goal, 7 points, and (most surprisingly) is a team-worst -5.

Huskiefan906
12-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Hietila can play on Saturday if this group does not get it done!

Burnt Orange Husky
12-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Go Huskies!!!

Huskiefan906
12-07-2013, 06:18 AM
From the highlights looked like a high paced game
last night. Sturos sounded impressive from Dirk's play by play.
When will DJ be back?
Expect Vallis and Heinonen to be interchanged for Gould and Baltus. Anderson will play against UAH and what is going on with JJ?
Tonight, not sure if any changes on D as this seems to be
The top6 at this point.

From anyone that saw it live any comments?

stuckinwi
12-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Sturos was impressive from the visor. All over the place and fighting for everything.

PP really needs to get into gear. Going 0 for whatever hurts. Not scoring in the first also hurt, can't outplay them that much and have nothing to show for it.

Huskiefan906
12-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Go Huskies!!!

Go Tech get a win tonight

Yager
12-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Join us, won't you?

<div id='cil-root-0b6ecd94d4' class='cil-root'><span class='cil-config-data' title='{"altcastCode":"0b6ecd94d4","server":"www.coveritlive.com","geometry":{"width":470,"height":550},"configuration":{"pinsGrowSize":"on","newEntryLocation":"bottom","titlePage":"on","skinOverride":"2"}}'>&nbsp;</span></div><script type='text/javascript'> window.cilAsyncInit = function() { cilEmbedManager.init() }; (function() { if (window.cilVwRand === undefined) { window.cilVwRand = Math.floor(Math.random()*10000000); } var e = document.createElement('script'); e.async = true; var domain = (document.location.protocol == 'http:') ? '//cdnsl.coveritlive.com' : '//cdnslssl.coveritlive.com'; e.src = document.location.protocol + domain + '/vw.js?v=' + window.cilVwRand; e.id = 'cilScript-0b6ecd94d4'; document.getElementById('cil-root-0b6ecd94d4').appendChild(e); }()); </script>

Burnt Orange Husky
12-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Two ties?!? Wow, that must have been excruciating to watch. Let's hope the offense finds its mojo soon...