PDA

View Full Version : NMU at Minnesota State December 6 and 7

Pages : [1] 2 3

MissThundercat
12-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I can't come up with a catchy title for this series. Discuss.

aparch
12-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Is this NMU's first ever trip to visit the landcows of Mankato?

I'm kinda excited for this match-up. Maybe it means a little less since the Mavericks aren't quite as good as they were penciled in to be.

davyd83
12-01-2013, 09:47 PM
NMU is one point behind Minnesota State & LSSU. And it's NMUs last conference series until 2014. This is pretty big for both teams.

crossjcek
12-01-2013, 09:59 PM

I'm kinda excited for this match-up. Maybe it means a little less since the Mavericks aren't quite as good as they were penciled in to be.

"new" conference same dumb nicknames huh? split is likely but since we are forging new rivalries I say MSU sweeps 4-1, 8-0 hehe

MavsFan
12-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Just getting the thread check-marked.

MavHockey14
12-02-2013, 02:21 AM

Things are slowly coming together. Having Lehrke back has been a huge boost for this team. The power play is improved with him on it again, and his presence in the defensive zone is helping everyone. He's quietly becoming a big leader for this team.

This is a huge series for the Mavericks. NMU is stingy. A sweep would make me feel like this thing is headed where we thought it was supposed to.

MissThundercat
12-02-2013, 10:21 AM
"new" conference same dumb nicknames huh? split is likely but since we are forging new rivalries I say MSU sweeps 4-1, 8-0 hehe
I'll say NMU sweeps 3-2 both nights.

aygwm2
12-02-2013, 12:20 PM

This IS the first meeting ever between NMU and Minnesota State (Mankato)! I just went through Northern's complete record history and it looks as though they've never met.

http://static.psbin.com/m/8/2irul46iwk9rb2/Year-By-Year_Results10-13.pdf

http://static.psbin.com/9/c/94luzzi2t0ien4/HOSeriesInformation10-13.pdf

Bale
12-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Things are slowly coming together. Having Lehrke back has been a huge boost for this team. The power play is improved with him on it again, and his presence in the defensive zone is helping everyone. He's quietly becoming a big leader for this team.

This is a huge series for the Mavericks. NMU is stingy. A sweep would make me feel like this thing is headed where we thought it was supposed to.

I have to admit, I didn't realize how big of an impact Lehrke had on this team, specifically on the PP. Humorous stat of the week (I don't remember what writer it was) is that Lehrke in 2.5 weeks of coming out of retirement, has more points than any Colorado College player on the year.

As for the team, they finally looked a bit more like I expected them to look like coming into the year. Still a few too many defensive lapses, but getting MUCH better. There were many less odd man rushes and bad turnovers (other than the horrible play by Williams on the first goal on Saturday). I like the direction the team is going.

RaceBoarder
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Whomever stays out of the box this weekend wins the series... Not much more to it...

MavHockey14
12-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I have to admit, I didn't realize how big of an impact Lehrke had on this team, specifically on the PP. Humorous stat of the week (I don't remember what writer it was) is that Lehrke in 2.5 weeks of coming out of retirement, has more points than any Colorado College player on the year.

As for the team, they finally looked a bit more like I expected them to look like coming into the year. Still a few too many defensive lapses, but getting MUCH better. There were many less odd man rushes and bad turnovers (other than the horrible play by Williams on the first goal on Saturday). I like the direction the team is going.

After playing two games he was the leader on the team in Power Play points.

NMU Fan
12-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Any Wildcat fans know the status of Higby and Ludwig? Two players we could really need for this series. Was tough enough with those two and Seckel gone vs. Ferris on Saturday.

Mavwatcher
12-02-2013, 05:24 PM
I can't come up with a catchy title for this series. Discuss.

Cat - Cow - Caper

NMUFAN
12-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Any Wildcat fans know the status of Higby and Ludwig? Two players we could really need for this series. Was tough enough with those two and Seckel gone vs. Ferris on Saturday.

Higby will be out a few more weeks. Ludwig, I'm afraid, might be much longer. He will be greatly missed.

MAVSFAN4EVER
12-02-2013, 09:47 PM

Mavs will destroy the pussycats of Marquette!

MissThundercat
12-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Mavs will destroy the pussycats of Marquette!
I'm thinking the Cats will turn your Mavericks (renegade cows) into steak. Mmmmm, ribeye!

davyd83
12-02-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm thinking the Cats will turn your Mavericks (renegade cows) into steak. Mmmmm, ribeye!

Not steak. Taco meat.

MavHockey14
12-03-2013, 12:27 AM
I see split. I think if it's a sweep it'll be the Mavs doing it. I hope that's right.

MAVSFAN4EVER
12-03-2013, 02:16 AM
MSU needs to take care of business at home if they are going to make a move in the WCHA. Hopefully they can build off the sweep of UAA. It should be an exciting weekend of hockey.

Bale
12-03-2013, 09:47 AM
I see split. I think if it's a sweep it'll be the Mavs doing it. I hope that's right.

I was happy with the progress that I saw this weekend. I truly think we're going to see MSU go on a pretty big run. I see a sweep for MSU or at worst 3 points. I know little (OK, nothing) about N. Michigan, but I saw some very good things out of the Mavs this last weekend. Clean up a few more of the defensive miscues and this will be the team that everyone expected them to be.