NMU at Minnesota State December 6 and 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU at Minnesota State December 6 and 7

I can't come up with a catchy title for this series. Discuss.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: NMU at Minnesota State December 6 and 7

Is this NMU's first ever trip to visit the landcows of Mankato?

I'm kinda excited for this match-up. Maybe it means a little less since the Mavericks aren't quite as good as they were penciled in to be.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NMU is one point behind Minnesota State & LSSU. And it's NMUs last conference series until 2014. This is pretty big for both teams.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I'm kinda excited for this match-up. Maybe it means a little less since the Mavericks aren't quite as good as they were penciled in to be.
        "new" conference same dumb nicknames huh? split is likely but since we are forging new rivalries I say MSU sweeps 4-1, 8-0 hehe

Comment

Just getting the thread check-marked.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Things are slowly coming together. Having Lehrke back has been a huge boost for this team. The power play is improved with him on it again, and his presence in the defensive zone is helping everyone. He's quietly becoming a big leader for this team.

This is a huge series for the Mavericks. NMU is stingy. A sweep would make me feel like this thing is headed where we thought it was supposed to.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
              "new" conference same dumb nicknames huh? split is likely but since we are forging new rivalries I say MSU sweeps 4-1, 8-0 hehe
              I'll say NMU sweeps 3-2 both nights.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

This IS the first meeting ever between NMU and Minnesota State (Mankato)! I just went through Northern's complete record history and it looks as though they've never met.

http://static.psbin.com/m/8/2irul46i...sults10-13.pdf

http://static.psbin.com/9/c/94luzzi2...ation10-13.pdf
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Things are slowly coming together. Having Lehrke back has been a huge boost for this team. The power play is improved with him on it again, and his presence in the defensive zone is helping everyone. He's quietly becoming a big leader for this team.

This is a huge series for the Mavericks. NMU is stingy. A sweep would make me feel like this thing is headed where we thought it was supposed to.
                  I have to admit, I didn't realize how big of an impact Lehrke had on this team, specifically on the PP. Humorous stat of the week (I don't remember what writer it was) is that Lehrke in 2.5 weeks of coming out of retirement, has more points than any Colorado College player on the year.

As for the team, they finally looked a bit more like I expected them to look like coming into the year. Still a few too many defensive lapses, but getting MUCH better. There were many less odd man rushes and bad turnovers (other than the horrible play by Williams on the first goal on Saturday). I like the direction the team is going.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Whomever stays out of the box this weekend wins the series... Not much more to it...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      I have to admit, I didn't realize how big of an impact Lehrke had on this team, specifically on the PP. Humorous stat of the week (I don't remember what writer it was) is that Lehrke in 2.5 weeks of coming out of retirement, has more points than any Colorado College player on the year.

As for the team, they finally looked a bit more like I expected them to look like coming into the year. Still a few too many defensive lapses, but getting MUCH better. There were many less odd man rushes and bad turnovers (other than the horrible play by Williams on the first goal on Saturday). I like the direction the team is going.
                      After playing two games he was the leader on the team in Power Play points.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Any Wildcat fans know the status of Higby and Ludwig? Two players we could really need for this series. Was tough enough with those two and Seckel gone vs. Ferris on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          I can't come up with a catchy title for this series. Discuss.
                          Cat - Cow - Caper

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                            Any Wildcat fans know the status of Higby and Ludwig? Two players we could really need for this series. Was tough enough with those two and Seckel gone vs. Ferris on Saturday.
                            Higby will be out a few more weeks. Ludwig, I'm afraid, might be much longer. He will be greatly missed.

Comment

Mavs will destroy the pussycats of Marquette!

Comment

Working...
                              X