Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Yes, Josh is from here(Rome,NY) the Clarkson pipeline Jim, Jeff,Ross, and Josh Bartell all played at Clarkson. Father Gary went to Colgate. I'm looking for Youtube or something similar to see the ending of last night's games and the goals. Can't find anything, any help ?
    I have been doing the same with no luck. Usually the ECAC hockey site will have replays of the goals of most games but I do not see anything yet on their site.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Where can I see this ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Where can I see this ?
        http://www.ecachockey.com/men/index

They have replays of all the goals scored in all of last nights games except for the CCT-SLU game.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          You are correct shabby. Unfortunately I did not listen or watch last knight so I cannot comment. I know though in listening to Bob and Josh that they are not as bad as Got6 has portrayed them. And I certainly am not about to get into a ****ing contest here about homer announcers.

I conclude once again with LGT LGT LGT (Lose Graciously Twice)
          I did not listen either so I can't comment. But being realistic.....whose announcers aren't homers? Greg Lapinski will get worked up over non calls or what he perceives to be uneven officiating. Wally always stays pretty neutral however as a balance to Greg. Pick your sport....pro, college, doesn't matter they are almost all homers. Only time you get "objective" is if it is broadcast by a network with neutral announcers and even then you can't be certain. (Can you say Mike Milbury? Or go back to Johnny Most and McFillty and McNasty......it's part of what makes the rivalry)

Hey.......it's a heated rivalry. We hate each other during those games and the times in and around them. It is what it is and in fact I hope that doesn't change. In fact I hope Wick separates someone from their equipment tonight with a clean, bone crunching check and knocks them into the middle of next week. :-)

Let's Go Saints!!!
          SLU

Comment

Where can I see this ?
            I'll post a video once I find one online. I recorded the WCKN broadcast and was able to replay that over and over again. That doesn't do any good here though but typically midweek there is a video on YouTube from the previous weekends games by SLU, I'll post it when I find it
            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

They have replays of all the goals scored in all of last nights games except for the CCT-SLU game.
              It's a conspiracy!
              LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                I'll post a video once I find one online. I recorded the WCKN broadcast and was able to replay that over and over again. That doesn't do any good here though but typically midweek there is a video on YouTube from the previous weekends games by SLU, I'll post it when I find it
                That video will just show our goals though.....not Clarkson's nor the scrum.

If I was one of the coaches...I'd sure put some of these quotes up on the bulletin board in the locker room for everyone to see!!!! Taken from the Watertown Times article. Not a lot of humility in that Clarkson locker room that's for sure. Confidence is one thing....arrogance is quite another. But...that's why we hate those hideous green uniforms that look like they were purchased at Wal-Mart.

The Golden Knights rallied from a one-goal deficit and scored three goals in the third period, defeating the Saints, 5-4, before 3,965 fans in an ECAC Hockey game Friday night. The crowd was the third-largest in Cheel Arena’s history.
                SLU (8-7-2 overall, 2-3-2 ECAC Hockey) led 3-2 and had been 7-0 this season with a lead after two periods. Last season, Clarkson was behind 3-0 heading into the third period at home and rallied with three goals to salvage a 3-3 tie.
                The win gives Clarkson an 8-1-1 record in its past 10 games against the Saints and the teams meet at 7 tonight in Appleton Arena, where Clarkson (11-3-1, 5-2-0) has won three straight games and four of its last five.
                “The guys knew we were able to (come back) last year, so there was a lot of confidence in the room,” Clarkson senior Jarrett Burton said.
                Burton sparked Clarkson’s comeback, one-timing a pass from Joe Zarbo past SLU goalie Matt Weninger to tie the game 3-3 at 6 minutes, 9 seconds of the third period.
                “I just kind of let it come across my body,” Burton said. “Alex Boak made a great pass to Joe Zarbo and then Joe made a nice slide over to me. I had an open net, so it wasn’t too hard. The excitement was building, we knew what we could do from last year, that carried into the third.”
                All Burton’s goal did was tie the game, but the boost it gave Clarkson made it seem like it was worth more than just one goal.
                “We knew what we had to do and we just went out there and did it,” Clarkson’s Jeff DiNallo said. “We just had to get pucks on net. (Burton’s goal) boosted the morale on the bench for sure. Guys started getting fired up. Older guys knew we had them and we just took it to them.”
                DiNallo gave Clarkson the lead for good with a power-play goal at 10:57 and then freshman Troy Josephs scored what proved to be the game-winning goal 25 seconds later, extending the lead to 5-3.
                “To take the wind out of the sail of a team is fantastic,” DiNallo said. “When you can put that dagger in them, it’s good for how the game is going to go.”
                SLU

Comment

Doesn't help me but ty.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                    That video will just show our goals though.....not Clarkson's nor the scrum.

If I was one of the coaches...I'd sure put some of these quotes up on the bulletin board in the locker room for everyone to see!!!! Taken from the Watertown Times article. Not a lot of humility in that Clarkson locker room that's for sure. Confidence is one thing....arrogance is quite another. But...that's why we hate those hideous green uniforms that look like they were purchased at Wal-Mart.

The Golden Knights rallied from a one-goal deficit and scored three goals in the third period, defeating the Saints, 5-4, before 3,965 fans in an ECAC Hockey game Friday night. The crowd was the third-largest in Cheel Arena’s history.
                    SLU (8-7-2 overall, 2-3-2 ECAC Hockey) led 3-2 and had been 7-0 this season with a lead after two periods. Last season, Clarkson was behind 3-0 heading into the third period at home and rallied with three goals to salvage a 3-3 tie.
                    The win gives Clarkson an 8-1-1 record in its past 10 games against the Saints and the teams meet at 7 tonight in Appleton Arena, where Clarkson (11-3-1, 5-2-0) has won three straight games and four of its last five.
                    “The guys knew we were able to (come back) last year, so there was a lot of confidence in the room,” Clarkson senior Jarrett Burton said.
                    Burton sparked Clarkson’s comeback, one-timing a pass from Joe Zarbo past SLU goalie Matt Weninger to tie the game 3-3 at 6 minutes, 9 seconds of the third period.
                    “I just kind of let it come across my body,” Burton said. “Alex Boak made a great pass to Joe Zarbo and then Joe made a nice slide over to me. I had an open net, so it wasn’t too hard. The excitement was building, we knew what we could do from last year, that carried into the third.”
                    All Burton’s goal did was tie the game, but the boost it gave Clarkson made it seem like it was worth more than just one goal.
                    “We knew what we had to do and we just went out there and did it,” Clarkson’s Jeff DiNallo said. “We just had to get pucks on net. (Burton’s goal) boosted the morale on the bench for sure. Guys started getting fired up. Older guys knew we had them and we just took it to them.”
                    DiNallo gave Clarkson the lead for good with a power-play goal at 10:57 and then freshman Troy Josephs scored what proved to be the game-winning goal 25 seconds later, extending the lead to 5-3.
                    “To take the wind out of the sail of a team is fantastic,” DiNallo said. “When you can put that dagger in them, it’s good for how the game is going to go.”
                    They have always been like that critsports. As for posting on the message board in the locker room for inspiration ... I think this Gem of an article I managed to stumble upon on the Clarkson Fan Forum (Notice how they are "too good" to have a forum here) wouldn't be too well received by our guys if posted in the locker room ...

" Saturday, December 7, 2013 10:25 AM

Whew.....the morning after this mentally exhausting (for the fans) and physically exhausting (for the Golden Knights) hockey game finds the Golden Guys in third place in the ECAC standings with a .714 winning percentage. It also finds the SLUzers in eighth place with a .429 winning percentage. Last knight's game set the record for the third highest attendance at Cheel Arena with 3,965 people present. The student section, many clad in matching gold tee shirts, including the Pep Band, was at its best. Their display at the beginning of the game was simply awesome...a fabulous job folks. The atmosphere was electric and emotions ran high, even higher as the game progressed among the players. At times, the SLUzers outplayed the Golden Knights, but as typical of this year's team, the Golden Knights never gave up; their ultimate perserverance paid off as Clarkson defeated the SLUzers 5 ~ 4 in regulation time.

Here are our heroes and their helpers Friday knight:

Before I begin this segment, I feel it is noteworthy to mention the the SLUzers scored three power plays goal of their total four goals, an average of 60%. Clarkson scored on two of their six power play chances for an average of 33%. I thought the Golden Knights had been cautioned about taking penalties.....hopefully they will listen more closely to that warning prior to the game at Appleton toknight.

1. Before Clarkson had an opportunity to score, the SLUzers did so And then, T.J. Moor scored Clarkson's first goal on a power play about the the middle of Period 1. Joe Zarbo and Captain Ben Sexton were awarded the assists.

2. About five minutes later, with one SLUzer in the penalty box for too many men on the ice, Simon Bessette scored his second goal of the year, and Clarkson's second goal of the knight, thereby tying the score at one each. Will Frederick and Matt Zarbo were given assists on Simon's goal.

During the first and seconds periods, the SLUzers scored two unanswered goals and went happily into their locker room with a 3 ~ 2 lead.

3. Thank you, Jarrett Burton for scoring Clarkson's third goal to tie the game at three each in the third period. Joe Zarbo and Alex Boak assisted.

4. You could almost feel the excitement building for the Golden Knights as they pressed forward with determination to score again. A SLUzer slashing penalty brought out the best in Jeff DiNallo, as he scored Clarkson's fourth goal with help from James de Haas and Sam Labrecque.

5. I hardly had time to get back to my seat before freshman Troy Josephs scored Clarkson fifth goal, the game-winning goal, just 25 seconds later. Clarkson's assists were given to Will Frederick and James Howden.

Unfortunately, with only about two minutes remaining in the game, the Carey brothers and one other SLUzer scored the fourth SLUzer goal to bring the score to 5 ~ 4. The final minute of play was a disaster, beginning with Greg Carey literally charging into our goaltender, Greg Lewis, and driving him to the ice. Pandemonium ensued with four SLU penalties and three Clarkson penalties assessed. The entire SLUzer team was infuriated because they lost the game, smashing sticks as they walked along the walkway into the locker room. One of those creatures took his stick and tried to dislodge from my hands a sign which had been previously approved for display; it read, Does It Get Any Better Than This? I caught it just as it was about to slip from my fingers down to the walkway...nasty of him to do that.

In a low-shooting game, Greg Lewis stood tall and stopped 17 out of 21 SLUzer shots to continue his impressive record of 8 wins, 2 losses, and no ties.
                    The Golden Knights had 23 shots on goal and scored on five of them. It was a very hard-fought battle between these two rivals.

KNOW NO LIMITS, CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHT...BEAT THE SLUZERS AGAIN TOKNIGHT. "

Fortunately they now have to deal with the ohh so friendly confines of Appleton Arena tonight ... Good luck with that one!
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
                      I think you guys definitely have a case on the 5th goal. Was the 2nd goal the one where Weiniger got pushed in to the net?
                      Not sure he ever got pushed in. He was in the butterfly with Bessette taking hard whacks at him. I am stunned at the amount of contact they let go with Clarkson players and Wenninger last night.
                      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                        I did not listen either so I can't comment. But being realistic.....whose announcers aren't homers? Greg Lapinski will get worked up over non calls or what he perceives to be uneven officiating. Wally always stays pretty neutral however as a balance to Greg. Pick your sport....pro, college, doesn't matter they are almost all homers. Only time you get "objective" is if it is broadcast by a network with neutral announcers and even then you can't be certain. (Can you say Mike Milbury? Or go back to Johnny Most and McFillty and McNasty......it's part of what makes the rivalry)

Hey.......it's a heated rivalry. We hate each other during those games and the times in and around them. It is what it is and in fact I hope that doesn't change. In fact I hope Wick separates someone from their equipment tonight with a clean, bone crunching check and knocks them into the middle of next week. :-)

Let's Go Saints!!!
                        Wally and Greg are friends so I can't be objective but the wrath of Greg is much more frequently focused on bad officiating than the opposing team and not saying things that imply our coaches don't know what they are doing, or how our coaches should feel. I will say this about Greg Lapinski, he sees a lot in games that most people miss, let alone those doing play by play and having to do multiple things at once. I am amazed at what he sees. That's the opposite of the Clarkson guys last night...I am amazed at what they didn't see. Wally is the consummate professional on the radio. In almost 30 years, I have never heard him make a derogatory comment about the other team or be so arrogant as to lecture about what the other team is doing wrong as what I had to listen to last night.

I don't care if the commentators are homers, but calling the other team bush-league is a joke. SLU under Joe Marsh was almost always one of the classiest teams in the league and hardest working. Listening to them, you'd think we shouldn't be crashing the net trying to get an EAG. Suggesting that Carey can get mauled, have his helmet ripped off and there are not any penalties on Clarkson on the play....whatever. My response is shut the **** up. And instead of just continuing to flap your gums about it and say things like "I hope that tape gets sent to the league office and Carey is suspended or the league has no integrity".....take it from someone that watched a potential Hobey Baker winner named Jamie Baker have his senior season cut short with a bull**** cheap shot after the whistle at the end of the third, I don't care to have that repeated with another guy in a similar position. He was getting cheapshots from three players including Clarkson's best player (Lewis). The refs clearly don't protect players in this league....so things like that are going to happen.

Comment

You are correct shabby. Unfortunately I did not listen or watch last knight so I cannot comment. I know though in listening to Bob and Josh that they are not as bad as Got6 has portrayed them. And I certainly am not about to get into a ****ing contest here about homer announcers.

I conclude once again with LGT LGT LGT (Lose Graciously Twice)
                          As I said, I have listened to them before and didn't have any issues. Last night they were were off base and just didn't shut up. It was as if SLU didn't belong on the ice with Clarkson listening to them and in reality, the two teams were pretty even. Clarkson is/was better defensively and in net and SLU was better offensively. We should have won and I don't find the mistakes that we made acceptable, but your radio guys didn't correctly identify those mistakes as the reason for the outcome. They claimed the outcome and the outcome for the last three years was because we are always undisciplined. That's wrong. It not only discredits us, but Clarkson too for not winning 8 of those 10 games based on talent or actual reasons.

A bush league program wouldn't bench an ECAC POTY and leading scorer for an unsportsmanlike play at Union a few years ago as happened to TJ Trevelyan. Even the class act Tim Taylor wouldn't do the same years earlier when Bob Kudelski clearly speared Hank Lammens and ruptured his spleen and Taylor didn't even consider benching Kudelski. I have been a part of the program, know the coaches, and know they are taught every day to play tough between the whistles, no BS after the whistles and to play the game with integrity. Both teams were guilty of not playing that way at times last night, not just one, and at the end of the game it was primarily the result of a player getting mauled and trying to protect himself. Carey is not a dirty player. Tempers flared and BS happened. That's it. It's not that SLU is bush-league and we always lose to CCT because we're undisciplined.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                            As I said, I have listened to them before and didn't have any issues. Last night they were were off base and just didn't shut up. It was as if SLU didn't belong on the ice with Clarkson listening to them and in reality, the two teams were pretty even. Clarkson is/was better defensively and in net and SLU was better offensively. We should have won and I don't find the mistakes that we made acceptable, but your radio guys didn't correctly identify those mistakes as the reason for the outcome. They claimed the outcome and the outcome for the last three years was because we are always undisciplined. That's wrong. It not only discredits us, but Clarkson too for not winning 8 of those 10 games based on talent or actual reasons.

A bush league program wouldn't bench an ECAC POTY and leading scorer for an unsportsmanlike play at Union a few years ago as happened to TJ Trevelyan. Even the class act Tim Taylor wouldn't do the same years earlier when Bob Kudelski clearly speared Hank Lammens and ruptured his spleen and Taylor didn't even consider benching Kudelski. I have been a part of the program, know the coaches, and know they are taught every day to play tough between the whistles, no BS after the whistles and to play the game with integrity. Both teams were guilty of not playing that way at times last night, not just one, and at the end of the game it was primarily the result of a player getting mauled and trying to protect himself. Carey is not a dirty player. Tempers flared and BS happened. That's it. It's not that SLU is bush-league and we always lose to CCT because we're undisciplined.
                            The last line of this post sums it up. A lack of discipline and maturity are momentum killers.

Comment

I think we have beaten this horse to death, then ran it over with a bus a few times for good measure. Let's put it behind us and look to tonight:

Something that killed us a couple times last night, yet again, is taking penalties directly after we score. This has been a major issue all year long, and something that needs to stop if we want to be successful.

The defense also needs to swallow up any rebounds that Wenny kicks out, Clarkson had several great chances and also a goal or two from rebounds kicked into the slot. Just get them to the side boards or out of the zone, regroup, and counter.

To be honest, I didn't see any goals where my first thought was "Wenny wants that back." A few goals on scrums in front (good goals or not, doesn't matter), a very pretty tic-tac-toe goal for their 4th, and then the rebound goal for their 1st I believe that went in off Baker. You obviously don't like seeing 5 GA on 23 shots, but it wasn't a poor goaltending performance.

Hopefully Appleton is rocking tonight, and the boys play a clean, phyiscal game.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                I think we have beaten this horse to death, then ran it over with a bus a few times for good measure. Let's put it behind us and look to tonight:

Something that killed us a couple times last night, yet again, is taking penalties directly after we score. This has been a major issue all year long, and something that needs to stop if we want to be successful.

The defense also needs to swallow up any rebounds that Wenny kicks out, Clarkson had several great chances and also a goal or two from rebounds kicked into the slot. Just get them to the side boards or out of the zone, regroup, and counter.

To be honest, I didn't see any goals where my first thought was "Wenny wants that back." A few goals on scrums in front (good goals or not, doesn't matter), a very pretty tic-tac-toe goal for their 4th, and then the rebound goal for their 1st I believe that went in off Baker. You obviously don't like seeing 5 GA on 23 shots, but it wasn't a poor goaltending performance.

Hopefully Appleton is rocking tonight, and the boys play a clean, phyiscal game.
                                Interesting sidenote, the goalie that de-committed from SLU to be closer to home at RIT, got his first start at RIT in the win against us and has started every game since rolling to a 4-0 record. Too soon to say that we lost out on that one because his conditioning last year in Green Bay was a big issue, but.....well, that's all I will say about that.

No question SLU blew the defensive coverage on goals 3, 4 and 5 against. The line of Dahl, Hudson and McGovern missed their assignments on 4 and 5 and if I had to blame those goals against I'd blame them and some interference on Wenny on the 5th. I think the 3rd was Essery overpursuing on the PK and breaking down the box. Plain and simple, our PK and defensive zone coverage by the whole team needs to be addressed if we want to be a good team and have any sort of post season. I also don't blame Wenny for any of the goals last night, rather I blame team defense and bad penalties. I didn't see Martin's penalty that lead to the game tying goal, but when you have the lead you have got to play extremely clean and smart. For a team with good speed and smart players, I am stunned at how bad our PK can be.

We have a quality group of skilled guys and great coaches. I fully expect them to come out tonight and play hard and with energy. I think the Freshmen had a good learning experience last night. Mentally, this is a big game. Our guys need to prove to themselves that they can win games like this.

I know this surprises everyone but I am glad to not be listening to those Clarkson guys again tonight, or hopefully, this year.

I have complete faith in Carvy and Hurley. I believe in our guys. I hope the refs don't suck but I know that we should expect they will. We have to win in spite of adversity.

Comment

Working...
                                X