Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

SLU Game Notes are up for the games at Princeton and Quinnipiac: http://www.saintsathletics.com/custo...ay%20notes.pdf
    SLU '97

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Jack Lyons Princeton preview on the Saints: http://thesluhockeyblog.blogspot.com...n-preview.html
      SLU '97

Comment

Wow! A Touchdown and Extra Point tonight. An offensive onslaught with 50 SOG. Who'd a thunk that could happen with Greg Carey not getting a single point??? I was pretty confident we would win tonight as Princeton is having a tough year overall and has been fighting the injury bug.

Tomorrow night will be a whole different kettle of fish. Hope we didn't use them all up. Q Pac put up 6 against Clarkson but gave up 3. Hope we can weather the early storm and give them a run for their very expensive hockey program and arena.
        SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
          Wow! A Touchdown and Extra Point tonight. An offensive onslaught with 50 SOG. Who'd a thunk that could happen with Greg Carey not getting a single point??? I was pretty confident we would win tonight as Princeton is having a tough year overall and has been fighting the injury bug.

Tomorrow night will be a whole different kettle of fish. Hope we didn't use them all up. Q Pac put up 6 against Clarkson but gave up 3. Hope we can weather the early storm and give them a run for their very expensive hockey program and arena.
          Well, he did get one point with an assist on the first goal, but yes tremendous effort tonight. Looks like the offense we had at the beginning of the season is back. The big test is tomorrow, hopefully we keep putting them in the back of the net and keeping them out of our own net. Nice job Saints!
          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I'll take Goals for 600, Alex.

According to CHN, Player #10 () didn't register a point. Regardless, wins are more important right now and I'm sure he would be the first to say the same.

Comment

A great win by the Saints last night. Another big test for them tonight.

Anyone have word on the injury to defenseman Mike Graham from last night?
              SLU '97

Comment

And a weekend sweep by the Saints!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by freego View Post
                  And a weekend sweep by the Saints!!!!
                  Holy cow what a great weekend. I guess they shut us up!!!

Comment

Congrats on beating Q!! Wow.. And thank you
                    Union College Hockey
                    2014 NCAA National Champions
                    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Great Win Saints !!!!!!!
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                        Congrats on beating Q!! Wow.. And thank you
                        Great win for SLU! Everyone played well. They fought through adversity with lopsided penalty calls and looked like the better team almost every shift. Congrats to Wenny who played with a lot of poise. Can't fault him for either goal and I know Baker wants a chance to chuck that puck out of the zone with his hand on their second goal. Great goal by Ward to tie and great pass by Smolcynski. Another nice goal by Baker, who paid the price and deserved it. Very good defense. All the defensmen played well I thought. Not sure who lost the guy coming off the boards on their first goal, but that was the only bad mistake. Great job by Carvey and Mayo too on matching guys and patching together lines after McGovern went down. I'm guessing he is out for a while.

Now on to Q-Pac, seriously, Pecknold is such a ****ing *********. He is complaining after his guys were picking all over the ice all night long, after blatant trip on the corner with about 2 minutes left, after delay of game by covering the puck on #2, and getting 3 straight PP's in the last five minutes. Seriously, you are a disgrace to the league. Please go join Hockey East.

For me the best part after winning was watching Anas come off the ice every time looking like he was about to cry. Q-Pac can't lose enough for me. I hope the get lit up in every game they have left. They are cocky, whiny and got beat straight up tonight by a team that played better.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                          Great win for SLU! Everyone played well. They fought through adversity with lopsided penalty calls and looked like the better team almost every shift. Congrats to Wenny who played with a lot of poise. Can't fault him for either goal and I know Baker wants a chance to chuck that puck out of the zone with his hand on their second goal. Great goal by Ward to tie and great pass by Smolcynski. Another nice goal by Baker, who paid the price and deserved it. Very good defense. All the defensmen played well I thought. Not sure who lost the guy coming off the boards on their first goal, but that was the only bad mistake. Great job by Carvey and Mayo too on matching guys and patching together lines after McGovern went down. I'm guessing he is out for a while.

Now on to Q-Pac, seriously, Pecknold is such a ****ing *********. He is complaining after his guys were picking all over the ice all night long, after blatant trip on the corner with about 2 minutes left, after delay of game by covering the puck on #2, and getting 3 straight PP's in the last five minutes. Seriously, you are a disgrace to the league. Please go join Hockey East.

For me the best part after winning was watching Anas come off the ice every time looking like he was about to cry. Q-Pac can't lose enough for me. I hope the get lit up in every game they have left. They are cocky, whiny and got beat straight up tonight by a team that played better.

Enjoy your marquee win this year since you won't be in the NCAA's while we will be playing in late March.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            Enjoy your marquee win this year since you won't be in the NCAA's while we will be playing in late March.
                            Coach Pecknold is that you? ... Classy

16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000

Comment

Holy Moley what an unexpected weekend! So, how do you win 4 points on the road? Get points from 13 players (including just one goal and one assist from the big guns), play no holds barred D, and smother the puck at the net. Kill penalties (2/10) and score on PP (3/9). Nothing to it! But please, count the players on the ice: two "too many men on the ice" calls tonight, including one with less than a minute left in the game (which put them in in a 3 on 5 with less than a minute left in the game.) We beat that off plus another one 3 minutes earlier in the period--I can breathe again. Thanks and now back to the friendly confines of Appleton.

But, was it a costly weekend; are we without Graham and McGovern?
                              Last edited by saintsdad; 02-08-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsdad View Post
                                Holy Moley what an unexpected weekend! So, how do you win 4 points on the road? Get points from 13 players (including just one goal and one assist from the big guns), play no holds barred D, and smother the puck at the net. Kill penalties (2/10) and score on PP (3/9). Nothing to it! But please, count the players on the ice: two "too many men on the ice" calls tonight, including one with less than a minute left in the game (which put them in in a 3 on 5 with less than a minute left in the game.) We beat that off plus another one 3 minutes earlier in the period--I can breathe again. Thanks and now back to the friendly confines of Appleton.
                                It really was a phenomenal effort and a HUGE win for the guys. Let's keep this ball rolling and get on a winning streak headed into the playoffs. It's nice to see we are finally back to the team we all knew we could be. It's part of why we were all hard on them, we knew we were better than what the results had shown.

Comment

Working...
                                X