Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    Then how the hell did you graduate from SLU Brian? Every SLU freshmen knows that is a 12-Pack.........of Fresca!
    That explains a 6 yr. career there. Too much Fresca did me in

Nice point at Lynah. A tough place to play, but it sounds like SLU got the job done. Wenny stopping 9 shots in OT, including a penalty shot, should get his confidence back.
    GO SAINTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSaint View Post
      Well done Wenny, way to claw back into it boys. Happy to grab a point tonight. What's Matt C's status for tomorrow?
      Unless the league steps in with supplemental punishment, he only got a game misconduct. So I believe he should be clear to play, as I do not know of any "if a game misconduct is issued at X time, it carries over...".

eLynah did tweet there was a bit of a scuffle in the handshake line between Hughes and Bardreau, maybe some others. Naturally, they seemed to place full blame on SLU, which may or may not be true. We'll see what the league says.

Good to see the boys battle back, although I've seen enough scoring from opponents at the start of the game.

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence University 2013-2014: Carey, Carey, carry us to Placid ... And beyon

Article from today's Ithaca Journal: http://www.ithacajournal.com/article...nclick_check=1
        SLU '97

Comment

Wenny played very well and made some big time stops.

Here is his save on the OT penalty shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7uXZ...ature=youtu.be
          SLU '97

Comment

Certainly a tie is a step in the right direction, although may of the ills that have been plaguing us were still very evident in this game. The positives were we battled back time after time and again dug out of a big hole at the start. I've seen enough games at Lynah to know how tough it is particularly at the start of a game not to get buried. But we did get buried and we did battle back. The other positive I'll take is we got some scoring from lines other than the first.
            Where I'm still not sold........gave up goals early again and got behind. Wenny came up big on some saves, particularly the Penalty Shot, but in spite of that it was a save percentage still well below 900 (which isn't going to win many games)....Iles was only 800 so they were lucky to get out alive. Another horrible start, got out shot 15-4 in the first. While the result was much better still not sold that much changed. Same pattern of a lot of the year. Our PP bailed us out again and with only 20 SOG and giving up 33 SOG with a save percentage well less than 900 is not going to get the job done on many nights. Tonight will be a tougher test. Colgate appears to be the much better team of these two, and they manhandled us in Canton. Hope we can return the favor.
            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
              Certainly a tie is a step in the right direction, although may of the ills that have been plaguing us were still very evident in this game. The positives were we battled back time after time and again dug out of a big hole at the start. I've seen enough games at Lynah to know how tough it is particularly at the start of a game not to get buried. But we did get buried and we did battle back. The other positive I'll take is we got some scoring from lines other than the first.
              Where I'm still not sold........gave up goals early again and got behind. Wenny came up big on some saves, particularly the Penalty Shot, but in spite of that it was a save percentage still well below 900 (which isn't going to win many games)....Iles was only 800 so they were lucky to get out alive. Another horrible start, got out shot 15-4 in the first. While the result was much better still not sold that much changed. Same pattern of a lot of the year. Our PP bailed us out again and with only 20 SOG and giving up 33 SOG with a save percentage well less than 900 is not going to get the job done on many nights. Tonight will be a tougher test. Colgate appears to be the much better team of these two, and they manhandled us in Canton. Hope we can return the favor.
              Agreed on all the above ... The only thing I will mention is that I was at both the Colgate and Cornell games at Appleton Arena earlier in the year and I thought Cornell manhandled us more that weekend than Colgate did. The Colgate game was pretty even for the most part, hopefully we continue to make progress off of last nights effort. We will need more of the same and to improve on the areas that we still continue to struggle with. Let's get off to a good start for once and keep the puck out of the net!!!
              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Well then. So much for turning a corner.

Comment

Guess my comments after last night were spot on.
                  SLU

Comment

Look at the bright side.....nowhere to go but up!

Hang in there guys!

Comment

As odd as it may seem, I think progress has been made over the weekend. While there is continued work to be done, I feel better after this weekend than I did last.
                      SLU '97

Comment

Guess my comments after last night were spot on.
                        In the category of 'we will take all the help we can get' Union (and RPI) both had two game DQ's. For Union, our next opponent, Bodie and Leictenwald (sp?) are both out on Friday and Curadi for RPI is out Saturday too since it is his second game DQ. Sounds like there may be supplemental discipline for Union's coach too who rumor has it went after RPI's coach.

FWIW, I agree with both Mike and Tayt. I think there was progres but we still have a lot to work on. We got ourselves into the game in the first and then fell apart. I'm not going to single guys out, but I think there are some lineup changes that need to be contemplated.

It's nice to get one point out of the weekend, but we need to consistently get 3 or more to go up.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                          As odd as it may seem, I think progress has been made over the weekend. While there is continued work to be done, I feel better after this weekend than I did last.
                          Tayt......have you been drinking again???
                          SLU

Comment

Here is video of the end of the Union v. RPI game. Looks to me like RPI started it but boy did the Union coach lose it. I'm sure he will be suspended for quite a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Az...ature=youtu.be
                            SLU

Comment

Here is video of the end of the Union v. RPI game. Looks to me like RPI started it but boy did the Union coach lose it. I'm sure he will be suspended for quite a while.

Not to take sides here or nothing (in reality I think they both should be ashamed), but it appears to me that what started it was Bodie's cross check to the face at the very end of the game. Then all hell broke loose from both ends. Coach Bennett deserves a couple games, or three ... or more
                              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Well that escalated quickly!
                                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Working...
                                X