Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State at Minnesota-Duluth: Two Whole Weeks of These People? Joy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State at Minnesota-Duluth: Two Whole Weeks of These People? Joy...

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Is this where I go to voice my desire to fire Hakstol?
    It can be!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: St. Cloud State at Minnesota-Duluth: Two Whole Weeks of These People? Joy...

Could have been a Football/Hockey doubleheader on Saturday, but the Bulldogs couldn't get it done.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Could have been a Football/Hockey doubleheader on Saturday, but the Bulldogs couldn't get it done.
        That would have been awesome! NWMO ST is a good team that is many peoples favorites to win it all.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          That would have been awesome! NWMO ST is a good team that is many peoples favorites to win it all.
          I've never been so upset for a Division 2 football team to have lost a game... and it was DULUTH?!?

Its only Sunday, am I drunk yet?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I've never been so upset for a Division 2 football team to have lost a game... and it was DULUTH?!?

Its only Sunday, am I drunk yet?
            Yeah now we don't get to to get a football game!

This will be a test for UMD. SCSU is playing very good hockey and can sweep this series. I do think that UMD will continue their trend and get a split.
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Yeah now we don't get to to get a football game!

This will be a test for UMD. SCSU is playing very good hockey and can sweep this series. I do think that UMD will continue their trend and get a split.
              SCSU will at best get a split. We can't have things go this well for this long. I wouldn't be surprised if we got swept.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                SCSU will at best get a split. We can't have things go this well for this long. I wouldn't be surprised if we got swept.
                There's no sand-bagging going on in this thread.

Also, welcome back Euro...it's been awhile.

Comment

I need to ask a question of the utmost importance.

Anyone know if Dubh Linn Irish Pub still gives you a free drink after the game with your ticket stub?

Comment

Originally posted by Duder View Post
                    I need to ask a question of the utmost importance.

Anyone know if Dubh Linn Irish Pub still gives you a free drink after the game with your ticket stub?
                    Of course!
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

while it is true that SCSU has never played well in Duluth (and vice versa), I just don't see us sweeping. At the very least SCSU will get a point out of this weekend.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Just like SCSU and UMD are my 1 and 1a in men's hockey, it's vice versa for football (and I'm a UMD football season ticket holder), so I really would like to see the Huskies win. Unfortunately I will be very surprised if they do. NW Mo is too balanced on both sides of the ball. St. Cloud will likely score more than UMD did last weekend because Klaphake is incredible, but I don't see the Husky defense stopping the Bearcats, especially with their two best DBs out. I'm guessing it'll be something like 56-35. I hope I'm wrong.

As for hockey, I think St. Cloud gets 3-5 points. I really don't anticipate a sweep, but this has turned into the type of rivalry where anything can happen.
                        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

while it is true that SCSU has never played well in Duluth (and vice versa), I just don't see us sweeping. At the very least SCSU will get a point out of this weekend.
                          It's all or nothing. Take the 6 points or take none at all.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

And I thought I was a Debbie Downer.

We're going to clobber these guys.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I'm excited to make the trip up to Duluth this weekend! Should be a fun series to watch! It is possible that we can sweep on the road again but I'm thinking more along the lines of a split this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                And I thought I was a Debbie Downer.

We're going to clobber these guys.
                                Yeah right, there is a better chance of < insert lame Dude Love joke here >.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X