PDA

View Full Version : NMU hosts Ferris State, November 29/30: Post-Thanksgiving Hangover?

Pages : [1] 2

MissThundercat
11-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Discuss.

aygwm2
11-24-2013, 02:32 PM
This could be a good series. Two good defensive teams with Ferris having the edge in scoring. Two common opponents: Al-Hunt and UAF. 2 Shutouts for NMU vs Al-Hunt @ NMU; 1 shutout and a close Saturday night one goal game in a sweep for Ferris @ Al-Hunt. NMU split @ UAF; Ferris swept UAF @ Ferris.

I'll say a split, but I'll be picking NMU to win both in the WCHA Pick-em.

davyd83
11-25-2013, 09:21 AM
It's the GLIAC HC opener for Ferris. NMU and LSSU are 1-1-0 in the GLIAC, while Tech is 2-2-0.

RaceBoarder
11-25-2013, 09:29 AM
It's the GLIAC HC opener for Ferris. NMU and LSSU are 1-1-0 in the GLIAC, while Tech is 2-2-0.

Does this mean Grand Valley will start a D-I team :confused:

RaceBoarder
11-25-2013, 09:30 AM

aparch
11-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Shhhhhh. Monster hasn't been around bragging about football, and we wouldn't want to wake him. ;)

aygwm2
11-25-2013, 10:53 AM

This sounds very good to me here in Grand Rapids...is this even the remotest of remote possibilities?

davyd83
11-25-2013, 11:01 AM
This sounds very good to me here in Grand Rapids...is this even the remotest of remote possibilities?

No

MissThundercat
11-27-2013, 09:03 PM
This could be a good series. Two good defensive teams with Ferris having the edge in scoring. Two common opponents: Al-Hunt and UAF. 2 Shutouts for NMU vs Al-Hunt @ NMU; 1 shutout and a close Saturday night one goal game in a sweep for Ferris @ Al-Hunt. NMU split @ UAF; Ferris swept UAF @ Ferris.

I'll say a split, but I'll be picking NMU to win both in the WCHA Pick-em.
I'm rather optimistic... I'm picking an NMU sweep.

NMUFAN
11-27-2013, 09:46 PM
I'll be happy with a split.

RaceBoarder
11-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Oh hey, it's GAMEDAY :cool:

I'll be content with a split on the weekend... This weekend will go a long way in telling us what we've got going forward... So let's start the weekend off right... GO CATS! GO CATS! GO CATS GO!!! :D

NMUFAN
11-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Does Justin Rose have health issues or has he just been a healthy scratch the last month?

hattrick16
11-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Any analysis from last night's game from people who were in attendance? From the highlights it looked like the Bulldogs were able to take advantage of the larger ice surface than in Big Rapids, but I'm curious what it seemed like in person. It looked like a lot of open space out there.

Huskiefan906
11-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Hey Northern, slow them down a bit tonight and do the rest of the league a favor. Do not get swept at home!

NMUFAN
11-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Any analysis from last night's game from people who were in attendance? From the highlights it looked like the Bulldogs were able to take advantage of the larger ice surface than in Big Rapids, but I'm curious what it seemed like in person. It looked like a lot of open space out there.

Ferris looked very comfortable on the big ice. Their speed and sound defensive play frustrated the Cats. The Bulldogs are playing with a swagger right now during their big unbeaten streak. They're not cocky, they just seem to be a very confident upperclassmen laden team.

The Cats are going to miss Seckel tonight. The "fighting" major was a bit of a stretch for both guys in my opinion. With Higby still out (Walt said 4-6 weeks), NMU will be offensively challenged.

The biggest blow to the Wildcats however is the loss of captain C.J. Ludwig. He suffered an apparent knee injury and Walt said he'd be out a while. This according to Matt Wellens. Actually I'm fearing the worst. He needed lots of help getting off the ice. He was clearly one of the best d-men in the league. A huge huge loss.

davyd83
11-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Ferris looked very comfortable on the big ice. Their speed and sound defensive play frustrated the Cats. The Bulldogs are playing with a swagger right now during their big unbeaten streak. They're not cocky, they just seem to be a very confident upperclassmen laden team.

The Cats are going to miss Seckel tonight. The "fighting" major was a bit of a stretch for both guys in my opinion. With Higby still out (Walt said 4-6 weeks), NMU will be offensively challenged.

The biggest blow to the Wildcats however is the loss of captain C.J. Ludwig. He suffered an apparent knee injury and Walt said he'd be out a while. This according to Matt Wellens. Actually I'm fearing the worst. He needed lots of help getting off the ice. He was clearly one of the best d-men in the league. A huge huge loss.

I don't believe Seckel will be out. He was given a game misconduct, not a DQ.

Hammer
11-30-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't believe Seckel will be out. He was given a game misconduct, not a DQ.

Box score says that both he and Huff were given DQ's.

NMUFAN
11-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Box score says that both he and Huff were given DQ's.

I thought fighting majors in the NCAA carried an automatic DQ.

Hammer
11-30-2013, 03:51 PM
I haven't looked at that part of the rule book lately, but I think you're correct here.

EDIT: From the NCAA Rule Book:

Rule 48 - Fighting or Punching

48.1 Fighting or Punching - A player shall not fight an opponent or participate
in a fight, on or off the playing surface. A punch thrown may be considered
fighting.

PENALTY—Disqualification.

NMUFAN
11-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Seckel and Ludwig are out. Maschmeyer drops back to defense. Rose, Aynsley and Lindores are in.

Taurence is also out.