Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU hosts Ferris State, November 29/30: Post-Thanksgiving Hangover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU hosts Ferris State, November 29/30: Post-Thanksgiving Hangover?

Discuss.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: NMU hosts Ferris State, November 29/30: Post-Thanksgiving Hangover?

This could be a good series. Two good defensive teams with Ferris having the edge in scoring. Two common opponents: Al-Hunt and UAF. 2 Shutouts for NMU vs Al-Hunt @ NMU; 1 shutout and a close Saturday night one goal game in a sweep for Ferris @ Al-Hunt. NMU split @ UAF; Ferris swept UAF @ Ferris.

I'll say a split, but I'll be picking NMU to win both in the WCHA Pick-em.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

It's the GLIAC HC opener for Ferris. NMU and LSSU are 1-1-0 in the GLIAC, while Tech is 2-2-0.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        It's the GLIAC HC opener for Ferris. NMU and LSSU are 1-1-0 in the GLIAC, while Tech is 2-2-0.
        Does this mean Grand Valley will start a D-I team
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

Comment

Shhhhhh. Monster hasn't been around bragging about football, and we wouldn't want to wake him.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              This sounds very good to me here in Grand Rapids...is this even the remotest of remote possibilities?
              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                This sounds very good to me here in Grand Rapids...is this even the remotest of remote possibilities?
                No
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  This could be a good series. Two good defensive teams with Ferris having the edge in scoring. Two common opponents: Al-Hunt and UAF. 2 Shutouts for NMU vs Al-Hunt @ NMU; 1 shutout and a close Saturday night one goal game in a sweep for Ferris @ Al-Hunt. NMU split @ UAF; Ferris swept UAF @ Ferris.

I'll say a split, but I'll be picking NMU to win both in the WCHA Pick-em.
                  I'm rather optimistic... I'm picking an NMU sweep.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I'll be happy with a split.

Comment

Oh hey, it's GAMEDAY

I'll be content with a split on the weekend... This weekend will go a long way in telling us what we've got going forward... So let's start the weekend off right... GO CATS! GO CATS! GO CATS GO!!!

Comment

Does Justin Rose have health issues or has he just been a healthy scratch the last month?

Comment

Any analysis from last night's game from people who were in attendance? From the highlights it looked like the Bulldogs were able to take advantage of the larger ice surface than in Big Rapids, but I'm curious what it seemed like in person. It looked like a lot of open space out there.
                          "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                          - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                          CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Hey Northern, slow them down a bit tonight and do the rest of the league a favor. Do not get swept at home!

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                              Any analysis from last night's game from people who were in attendance? From the highlights it looked like the Bulldogs were able to take advantage of the larger ice surface than in Big Rapids, but I'm curious what it seemed like in person. It looked like a lot of open space out there.
                              Ferris looked very comfortable on the big ice. Their speed and sound defensive play frustrated the Cats. The Bulldogs are playing with a swagger right now during their big unbeaten streak. They're not cocky, they just seem to be a very confident upperclassmen laden team.

The Cats are going to miss Seckel tonight. The "fighting" major was a bit of a stretch for both guys in my opinion. With Higby still out (Walt said 4-6 weeks), NMU will be offensively challenged.

The biggest blow to the Wildcats however is the loss of captain C.J. Ludwig. He suffered an apparent knee injury and Walt said he'd be out a while. This according to Matt Wellens. Actually I'm fearing the worst. He needed lots of help getting off the ice. He was clearly one of the best d-men in the league. A huge huge loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X