Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac & Princeton @ RPI & Union (12/6, 12/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac & Princeton @ RPI & Union (12/6, 12/7)

Discuss.

BTW, does anyone know why the Princeton game is at 4 PM?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Quinnipiac & Princeton @ RPI & Union (12/6, 12/7)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Discuss.

BTW, does anyone know why the Princeton game is at 4 PM?
    When is it not? Darn Tigers must have their precious squeakball on Ivy League TV.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      When is it not? Darn Tigers must have their precious squeakball on Ivy League TV.
      Isn't it usually only the games in Jersey?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think they try to bring the kiddies in a few times a year. Just so they can hear those clean cheers by the students. And attendance is definitely lower with 4 PM games. Makes little sense to me...

Comment

RKarger and I will be in town and in the band for this pair of games. Hopefully the boys can take four points for me.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            I think they try to bring the kiddies in a few times a year. Just so they can hear those clean cheers by the students. And attendance is definitely lower with 4 PM games. Makes little sense to me...
            Not always o in Princeton. When the hockey game competes against some other sport-Baker Rink is an echo chamber. Attending a hockey game there for most is an after thought. They would rather watch basketball at Jadwin Gym, rowing, tug of war and just casually drop by the rink in the third period for a few minutes(only if Princeton is winning). Even when the Tigers skated a very good team-the attendance was only good for RPI, Cornell, and Yale and mediocre for Harvard and Brown. Tickets are almost always available which is good for us since it is a fantastic and nostalgic old rink to watch hockey. Just wear a heavy coat as they obviously pay their air conditioning bill.

BTW we kind of like the 4PM game times there-it makes it a bit easier to go out after a game for a dinner in town where they have some super pubs and restaurants and makes the drive home a little less stressful when the weather is bad.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Isn't it usually only the games in Jersey?
              Indeed-and normally just the saturday games.

Comment

I have not seen QU except one game on TV-but we have seen Princeton. Usually a very big team, this year not quite so much but much faster. I suspect their record talles the story as they have been in most games for a period or two and just seem to be outplayed enough to lose by 1 or 2 goals often later in the game. Their biggest scoring threats are in the upperclasses(no surprise) with Ammon doing most of the damage. We will probably see Bonar in goal as a senior(we have face him before) but Phinney as a freshman has played some. We saw him in high school and he will be a good one in the years to come. On paper a team we should have more talent than and more scoring-but for some odd reason when they come up to Troy they become a much more effective team.

QU should be a real test from what i saw when they played Yale. They are much smaller than what we put out there but they are very fast and opportunistic. They live off of center ice turnovers and defensive mistakes. The freshman Anas is a handful and of course we know well the Jones boys. They are very deserving of their national ranking and we will have to play mistake free hockey against them. If there was any game that we will have to take advantage of size, this could be it. I had thought they might have problems in goal with a sophomore taking over but I think his GAA speaks for the fact that he will not be easy to solve and their mobile defense prevents you from getting too many good chances at him anyway. Having this game at home with last change could help a lot and hopefully coach Appert can figure out how to maximize the effect.

I would be ecstatic with 3 points this weekend. Less would be a disappointment, more would be a wonderful early Christmas present. Just my 2¢ about teams that I have actually seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

BTW we kind of like the 4PM game times there-it makes it a bit easier to go out after a game for a dinner in town where they have some super pubs and restaurants and makes the drive home a little less stressful when the weather is bad.
                  I wasn't talking about Princeton. I'm sure that 4PM games are better there (especially for you old guys who have to get to bed early,
                  I just know that attendance is definitely lower at HFH for afternoon games.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    I wasn't talking about Princeton. I'm sure that 4PM games are better there (especially for you old guys who have to get to bed early,
                    I just know that attendance is definitely lower at HFH for afternoon games.
                    It also probably helps Princeton having an early home game on Saturday since the opponent had to travel from Connecticut. Every hour is probably to PU's benefit.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not always o in Princeton. When the hockey game competes against some other sport-Baker Rink is an echo chamber. Attending a hockey game there for most is an after thought. They would rather watch basketball at Jadwin Gym, rowing, tug of war and just casually drop by the rink in the third period for a few minutes(only if Princeton is winning). Even when the Tigers skated a very good team-the attendance was only good for RPI, Cornell, and Yale and mediocre for Harvard and Brown. Tickets are almost always available which is good for us since it is a fantastic and nostalgic old rink to watch hockey. Just wear a heavy coat as they obviously pay their air conditioning bill.

Winberie's always hit the spot

Comment

It also probably helps Princeton having an early home game on Saturday since the opponent had to travel from Connecticut. Every hour is probably to PU's benefit.
                        Very insightful. They have been known to try all sorts of things to get an advantage there. I remember when the visiting team had to come out and walk across a concrete floor to get to the rink-must have done wonders for the sharpness of their skates(eventually they did put down a thick rubber mat-but that was years later)

Comment

Very insightful. They have been known to try all sorts of things to get an advantage there. I remember when the visiting team had to come out and walk across a concrete floor to get to the rink-must have done wonders for the sharpness of their skates(eventually they did put down a thick rubber mat-but that was years later)
                          Wonder why we don't do that anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Wonder why we don't do that anymore...
                            Only those of us around a very long time remember some of those antics-our esteemed coach, Ned Harkness, was one to use everything and anything available to help his teams.

Comment

Only those of us around a very long time remember some of those antics-our esteemed coach, Ned Harkness, was one to use everything and anything available to help his teams.
                              No wonder Cornell has such a "tradition" of cheap BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X