Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/23/13 - Battle of Rt 11! The Geneva Convention! The Battle of Duluth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/23/13 - Battle of Rt 11! The Geneva Convention! The Battle of Duluth!

Two big rivalry games tonight with Potsdam making the westward trek along Route 11 to play Canton and Wisconsin Superior journeys over the St. Louis River to play the College of St. Scholastica. I will leave it to Norm to determine which school had to travel the further distance (I think it's Potsdam).

Anyway, all the scores and links are here: http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2013...?date=20131123 The action kicks off at 3 PM with a few NESCAC encounters.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 11/23/13 - Battle of Rt 11! The Geneva Convention! The Battle of Duluth!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Two big rivalry games tonight with Potsdam making the westward trek along Route 11 to play Canton and Wisconsin Superior journeys over the St. Louis River to play the College of St. Scholastica. I will leave it to Norm to determine which school had to travel the further distance (I think it's Potsdam).

Anyway, all the scores and links are here: http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2013...?date=20131123 The action kicks off at 3 PM with a few NESCAC encounters.
    The NCAA TES - Mileage Calculation says Potsdam treks 13 miles while Wisconsin Superior hikes only 9 miles.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      The NCAA TES - Mileage Calculation says Potsdam treks 13 miles while Wisconsin Superior hikes only 9 miles.
      Thought so, and I'm pretty sure that Potsdam has to cross more bridges (3) than Superior.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Another wounded warrior for Norwich, Brian Rowland (D) with a bruised knee, Kyle LeBrun to take his place. Good thing we have so many defensive players (9) with three of them unable to play tonight...Rowland, Currier (knee) and Lyrval (mono).
        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Regular link for Utica hockey today http://player.liquidcompass.net/WPNRFM

Ray on PBP, myself on color.
          WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Norwich seems to be a different team today vs yesterday, 3-1 over NEC at the end of the first. Short handed goal, PP goal and even strength goal. Taking more shots on the power play too. Corey Hale and Cody Smith doing a great job on defense so far.

Comment

At the 2nd intermission it is Neumann 5 - Manhattanville 1
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                Norwich seems to be a different team today vs yesterday, 3-1 over NEC at the end of the first. Short handed goal, PP goal and even strength goal. Taking more shots on the power play too. Corey Hale and Cody Smith doing a great job on defense so far.
                Like what I see today
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

And I like the freshman, Pichette with an awesome move and shot for the shortie, Surowiec with the steal and beating NEC's goalie for the third goal. Playing much better tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                    And I like the freshman, Pichette with an awesome move and shot for the shortie, Surowiec with the steal and beating NEC's goalie for the third goal. Playing much better tonight.
                    Still love the dueling Zambonis!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Hobart leads Utica 1-0 after one period. Bo Webster with the goal - his 4th point of the weekend.
                      WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

FINAL: Manhattanville 4 @ Neumann 7
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

2-0 Hobart at 4:58 of the 2nd. Another powerplay goal.

Comment

Adam Graff scores with 23 seconds to go in period 2 and it's 2-1 Hobart thru 40.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                              Adam Graff scores with 23 seconds to go in period 2 and it's 2-1 Hobart thru 40.
                              Graff Speed through the zone helps.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X