Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Badgers lead 2-0 after 1. Shots are 25-0.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      This may be the easiest team on the schedule, but not allowing a shot on goal is great. In fact, I think it shows they're not taking this opponent for granted.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        This may be the easiest team on the schedule, but not allowing a shot on goal is great. In fact, I think it shows they're not taking this opponent for granted.
        18 minutes of the period was spent in the UAH zone.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

15 left in 3rd; 3-0
          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Huntsville is terrible.

Comment

I guess that's what we wanted out of tonight's game. Only 9 saves needed for the shutout, and 5 scored in the attacking end.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Huntsville is terrible.
                They should try some Badger Max.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  They should try some Badger Max.
                  Probably the $4 Badgermax pH miracle water. It will save lives according to the label
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Probably the $4 Badgermax pH miracle water. It will save lives according to the label
                    It's slightly basic! That makes it better! I remember at a women's game this year, telling the goalie to drink the Badger Max (she had her own gatorade bottle). After the Badgers scored, she did drink from the Badger Max bottle. The Badgers scored again. There was probably just water in both bottles. If it was just water, I have no idea if it was Badger Max water.

I did buy a bottle of that at one of the super-hot football games this year out of desperation. It was water, but more importantly on that day, it was a bottle of it.

Comment

9098 in attendance according to box sheet. On TV the sides seemed fairly full, ends were a but lighter as were upper levels, and students are on break.

Good win Bucky. Go after it again tomorrow.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

9098 in attendance according to box sheet. On TV the sides seemed fairly full, ends were a but lighter as were upper levels, and students are on break.

Good win Bucky. Go after it again tomorrow.
                        Not too bad compared to the games we've already had with less than 8000 as the official attendance figure. Obviously, most of the students account for plenty of eaten tickets, but at least there were more other people who bought single-game tickets for this one. I didn't get to watch, so it's hard to compare visually to the other <9K games (to try and guess the difference between paid and actual attendance), and it's way below UW standards, but they weren't setting low records. It's hockey season!

Edit: Any curious eyeballs on TV at least saw fairly full sides. Neat.

Comment

Chuck, do you think we have any chance of seeing McGuire or Davison tomorrow? Would be nice to see them get playing time.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Chuck, do you think we have any chance of seeing McGuire or Davison tomorrow? Would be nice to see them get playing time.
                            I was thinking about Adam Miller getting some time at the end of either game this weekend. I forgot about both those guys. I'd like to know too.

Comment

I'd be very surprised.

Comment

It was a memorable men's game for sure (UW women's fans are used to seeing this type of a lopsided game).....0 shots on goal in the first period for UAH; under 10 for the game; in the first period there was a UW pp that spent the whole 2:00 in the O zone; 55 sog for UW.

The PP still isn't creating great scoring chances, though @ even strength (that's debatable!), it's great to see all 4 lines scoring.

I have to think Petersen's in goal tonight. His stat line could use a s/o.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X