Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

The fact you guys considered kidnapping two people to get me back is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. I'm touched guys.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Hi everyone

I won't be able to make it to the Saturday game and have 4 tickets available if anyone is interested.

I'll even drop to 1/2 price for the set of 4. $40 gets you 4 tickets in section 110.

I think I have it set up so that you can e-mail me through the forum, so try that. If that doesn't work, I'll try to check back in frequently to see if there are any takers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        The fact you guys considered kidnapping two people to get me back is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. I'm touched guys.
        I'm pretty sure that getting traded for those 2 guys is more of an insult than a compliment.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I'm pretty sure that getting traded for those 2 guys is more of an insult than a compliment.
          It's the thought that counts, Timothy. The picture my 3 year old nephew colored me for Christmas was a big steaming pile of dung, but I was touched either way.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            It looks like they're on the first row of seats, not the ground.
            No problem! I've already released the attack drones!!!

Wait...

What?
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Don't go crazy. You're still a ****.

But you're our ****, dammit!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I was for letting them have him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  I was for letting them have him.
                  Right, but you're a man with a large picture collection of gophers with goats. I'm still not sure how to take that.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

It's the thought that counts, Timothy. The picture my 3 year old nephew colored me for Christmas was a big steaming pile of dung, but I was touched either way.
                    We've known eachother for a long time, you can call me Tim.

Nephew must live in Rodentsota eh?

We better clamp down on these meager scoring kittens this weekend. I'm hoping for 3 total goals allowed all weekend, the scoring average right now is just too not WI like, though it's just a number.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      We better clamp down on these meager scoring kittens this weekend. I'm hoping for 3 total goals allowed all weekend, the scoring average right now is just too not WI like, though it's just a number.
                      Finally something we can all agree on!

LET'S GO RED!
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• 4-5k here tops. In 211 and there 5 total people including us.

We're glad to be here though.

Fun to be perched above the students and band.

Comment

solid game from Wisconsin tonight. That 5-3 pk defense was very good, smart sticks etc.

I have to say the players I'm most impressed with so far this season are Besse and Soleway (very solid for freshman), LaBate (he's really improving nicely) and obviously Kerdiles who appears to be taking his game to another level

on t.v. the crowd looked anemic. I have to think all those bullet points we've mentioned are the cause but Barry just simply doesn't care to rectify the situation.

Eaves can rectify one of the situations himself though by consistently fielding NCAA qualifiers and going deep in the NCAA's once every 3-4 years etc

7-5-1. I'm feeling a bit better about where this team is headed now. Win tomorrow and they may get on a roll
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            4-5k here tops. In 211 and there 5 total people including us.

We're glad to be here though.

Fun to be perched above the students and band.
                            Yeah, not a great crowd, numbers-wise. As I expected, a lot of people came late. It was nice to see the old people standing after that big PK in the third, even if the "let's go red" chants weren't synched (I was reading lips ). I was also glad the "Skate! Skate! Skate! Skate! Tuuuurrrnnnn... Skate! Skate! Skate! Skate! STOP!" thing catch on.

The first period was weird.

Comment

Ugly first period (and ugly bits here and there), but ultimately a good victory. Certainly some good evidence that the "go to the net and get a puck ther" philosophy can pay dividends. All three non-ENGs came from hard work at the net.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

A few observations from last night...

- Besse seems more engaged of late. Wasn't he a healthy scratch not too long ago? Maybe the message was received. Still not taking over like Zengerle or Kerdiles do, but at least he's participating in the game now, which is an improvement. Hopefully Zully gets the same message.

- Soleway is going to be a scary college player if he stays more than a couple of years. Imagine that beast as a senior.

- Kerdiles has elevated his game without question. He's really taking over for stretches. Here's another guy I'd like to see sticking around for at least another year (after this) coz I think he could really dominate. Looking forward to watching him in the WJC.

- The penalty kills in the third were the most electric part of the game. It's surprising how loud such a paltry crowd can be.

- The attendance was once again pathetic, but at this point I realize that it's not going to change anytime soon. For those of us who remember the place being full, it's downright depressing. I can recall being disappointed when there were only 12k there instead of a sellout. Now...

- Overlooking the student section rescued the anemic "atmosphere." For a small group, they pack a punch and were quite entertaining. Wish my Friday season tickets (when I had them) were where my seats were last night rather than in the corner at the other end.

- The ring on the second tier is meh. From a graphical standpoint, it covers up the empty concrete that is now behind it (which is an improvement, I guess), but it looks cheap and tacked on. The individual boards remind me of the poster inserts that you'd see on the front of newspaper dispensers - the ones that could be changed out. Tacky at best. If they wanted to cover the concrete, they could have done something graphical instead of a bunch of years ringing the place. Gotta think it looks a bit strange at hoops games as that program hasn't been nearly as successful over the years.

- Overall, a good win. CC gave a solid effort and hit iron a couple of times. Was probably a closer game than I would have liked considering the records, but we know they have talent and it was a national broadcast. We better be ready tonight.
                                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-14-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X