Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Huh, I am shocked I didn't get selected after all my complaints. Anyone on the board here get selected?
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Huh, I am shocked I didn't get selected after all my complaints. Anyone on the board here get selected?
      They only picked "yes" people who thought everything was great, that way BA could sleep at night a little better.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I think I was specifically selected to not be selected.

Actually, I do think this program is a good idea. Managed correctly it can produce some very good ideas. Remains to be seen how it will be managed, of course.

I'd be curious to know what sports the "season ticket holder' component of the group holds tickets in? Obviously a lot of football, then bouncy ball, that does make sense, but I wonder how fans of other sports (HOCKEY) are represented?
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          I'd be curious to know what sports the "season ticket holder' component of the group holds tickets in? Obviously a lot of football, then bouncy ball, that does make sense, but I wonder how fans of other sports (HOCKEY) are represented?
          Presumably, they aren't.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I tried. The drop-down arrow for age had a minimum of 25, which is kind of ridiculous considering how many fans at the games are current undergrads. Like me, for instance. I only go to pretty much every football, men's and women's hockey, men's basketball, and volleyball game, in addition to a couple soccer games each year. I hope they kept their word on having different kind of fans with different perspectives.

Comment

Eeek! It's dark in here!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                Eeek! It's dark in here!
                Apparently it's a part of new game presentation things they're doing. With the exception of the times the lights flashed in our eyes, I really liked it. The dark house for the intros and the fog machines were great. It was kind of odd when they lowered the lights during intermissions, and while it wasn't the official reason given, I like to think it's to conserve electricity. And how about that flag? That was well planned. (The different sections in the lower level had slips of paper taped to our seats telling us what to do.) I'd like to see that again; I'm sure there will be video.

Big surprise - make the upper reserved tickets 10 dollars, and people show up!

With regards to the actual game on the ice...the Badgers won 7-1 when they were expected to win. What more needs to be said?

Edit: The announced attendance was just under 9,000, but it looked and felt like games that draw around 10K but have silly-good energy. I guess it was the north end of the arena, on all 3 levels, that was empty, while on the sides it was full. Either way, it felt electric tonight, even when we weren't getting into fun chants.
                Last edited by WiscDC; 12-06-2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

In regards to the game: Came out wound tighter than a banjo string and couldn't handle the puck early. Finally settled down and made it look easy. At times this team is capable of the kind of puck movement and play making that makes us look like the best team in hockey. And at other times we make the kinds of mistakes the worst teams in hockey make. Could have been 10-1 with the open nets we missed, could have been much closer if PSU capitalized on some of the boneheaded plays we made early.

First win in the B1G is under our belts, have to get after the second one right from the start tomorrow.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    Edit: The announced attendance was just under 9,000, but it looked and felt like games that draw around 10K but have silly-good energy. I guess it was the north end of the arena, on all 3 levels, that was empty, while on the sides it was full. Either way, it felt electric tonight, even when we weren't getting into fun chants.

There were that many there? Looks incredibly empty on TV.

Sounds pretty loud tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      There were that many there? Looks incredibly empty on TV.

Sounds pretty loud tho...
                      I'm watching a bit of the replay right now. The north end seats do remind me of that UA-H last year, but the sides appear pretty full. There are clusters of empty seats below the hash marks (even there it's fine for a friday game these days), but along most of the side, those red splotches are fans, not seats. The upper deck was way different tonight. It was by no means packed, but it was pretty well populated, and they looked like an actual part of the crowd.

Comment

Definitely sounds like people are into it.

I'll be there Friday for CC.

Comment

pretty good game, I was in row a in the lower level by Rumpel for periods 1 and 3.

If the crowd was 9,000 I'd say I'm surprised. I was guessing 7,000 or 7,500. to see empty seats in the lower bowl sickened me really.

I love seeing the action that close but could barely hear any of the chants due to being right on the glass opposite the students.

thoughts and questions

- the 3rd level ring is ridiculously stupid looking. they're going for the football look and it just looks terrible. ****ing bring ALL the banners back and make it look like the United Center again.
                          - did they downsize the band? man I could barely hear them from my seat and it certainly looked to me like it is 1/2 the size it used to be, especially when comparing to the early KC years.
                          -why are people adding "it's all your fault" to the sieve cheer? stop it! save that for something else. it waters down the sieve cheer! (read: GET OFF MY LAWN!)

ok enough of that. Besse played VERY well tonight I thought, along with Schulze, Soleway, LaBate and several others who stood out to me. UW was down like 5-7 in SOG after 1 and turned that around pretty quickly in the 2nd. Overall maybe the 1st period wasn't the start they were looking for the game as a whole was pretty well played and I LOVE that they kept their foot on the gas up 4-1, that's the way to play!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It was funny when FSN lost their digital over lay. They must have said f@#$ it...just show the score board.

http://imgur.com/zImxDU9

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                              It was funny when FSN lost their digital over lay. They must have said f@#$ it...just show the score board.

http://imgur.com/zImxDU9
                              That's pretty standard procedure. Before there were full-time scoreboards on TV broadcasts, they would show the clock by doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                - the 3rd level ring is ridiculously stupid looking. they're going for the football look and it just looks terrible. ****ing bring ALL the banners back and make it look like the United Center again.
                                I was at a game tonight...and there were banners!

http://i.imgur.com/SmKjiZA.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X