PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts UMD : 11/22 & 11/24

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Driftryder
11-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Minnesota hosts UMD this weekend at Mariucci, games are Friday night and Sunday afternoon, changed because of football.

Friday night 7pm FSN alternate
Sunday afternoon 4pm FSN main channel.

Go

Biddco
11-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Shall be a fun series. Hopefully UMD can play like they can and get a split. That's entirely possible. It's nice playing UTMC because its only 20 minutes from my house :D

Koho
11-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Shall be a fun series. Hopefully UMD can play like they can and get a split. That's entirely possible. It's nice playing UTMC because its only 20 minutes from my house :D

And I live closer to Duluth than TC, which keeps my interest alive. So are you a little disappointed and not getting Bischoff given how hard you guys went for him and seeing he is adjusting pretty well for a guy essentially coming straight out of HS?

Tiggsy
11-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Is FSN going to pull this HD only thing again?

I actually didn't mind watching the game on my ipad as I could wander through the house taking it with me.

Driftryder
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Is FSN going to pull this HD only thing again?

I actually didn't mind watching the game on my ipad as I could wander through the house taking it with me.

What is this HD only thing you speak of?

D2D
11-18-2013, 11:39 AM
I believe what he's referring to is that when FSN telecasts a game on its "plus" channel you can only view it if you have high definition service.

Driftryder
11-18-2013, 11:44 AM
I believe what he's referring to is that when FSN telecasts a game on its "plus" channel you can only view it if you have high definition service.

Strange

I don't have HD and I watched both games this weekend just fine on the "plus" channel.

Koho
11-18-2013, 11:46 AM
That depends on the provider, not FSN. I get both formats for alternate channel. In fact, I think I now always have the alternate channel, instead of only when there was a Wild or Gopher game on.

goldy_331
11-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Strange

I don't have HD and I watched both games this weekend just fine on the "plus" channel.

I called FSN when this happened earlier and it is provider related, in my case Direct TV. They ran out of space to carry both the HD and standard def for the FSN+ channel. Of course calling Direct TV was pointless as they don't think I get FSN+. :rolleyes:

Biddco
11-18-2013, 01:03 PM
And I live closer to Duluth than TC, which keeps my interest alive. So are you a little disappointed and not getting Bischoff given how hard you guys went for him and seeing he is adjusting pretty well for a guy essentially coming straight out of HS?

I'm not. Because I didn't pay attention to the time when we were recruiting him. I'm pretty happy with our club right now. the only thing I would change is our effectiveness on the power play.

gopher wes
11-18-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm not. Because I didn't pay attention to the time when we were recruiting him. I'm pretty happy with our club right now. the only thing I would change is our effectiveness on the power play.
Battle of the bad powerplays!!!! LOL!

UMD is at 14% and Minnesota is at 13.64%.

Tiggsy
11-18-2013, 01:24 PM
That depends on the provider, not FSN. I get both formats for alternate channel. In fact, I think I now always have the alternate channel, instead of only when there was a Wild or Gopher game on.

I've been looking for a reason to dump DirectTV. Maybe this is it. Gotta make sure the package I pick from Comcast or Dish has it first though.

Koho
11-18-2013, 01:29 PM
I've been looking for a reason to dump DirectTV. Maybe this is it. Gotta make sure the package I pick from Comcast or Dish has it first though.

I get a Regional provider up North, so I can't help you out with who else has similar coverage. Good Luck. With mine, I also get NHL, NBCSports, Canadian channel and the Regional Bemidji station and Duluth Stations, so can have a lot of hockey to chose from on weekends. I'd get even more if went with sports package.

The Rube
11-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Just get the sports package from Comcast. It's about $8/mo and you get:

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA networks
NFL Redzone
CBSSports
A few of the Fox Sports networks

Koho
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM

NBA networks

What is this and why would anyone want it????

Biddco
11-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Battle of the bad powerplays!!!! LOL!

UMD is at 14% and Minnesota is at 13.64%.

Oh snap! This is so odd for both teams. Usually we both have very good power plays. UMD especially.

UMD came into last weekend with the number 1 PK in the country but now has dropped to fifth. UMTC's PK is ranked near the bottom of DI. Advantage UMD.

gopher wes
11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Oh snap! This is so odd for both teams. Usually we both have very good power plays. UMD especially.

UMD came into last weekend with the number 1 PK in the country but now has dropped to fifth. UMTC's PK is ranked near the bottom of DI. Advantage UMD.
UMD sweeps if that is the case.;)

Driftryder
11-18-2013, 02:06 PM

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA networks
NFL Redzone
CBSSports
A few of the Fox Sports networks

I have this as well and like having all the College Hockey options on a given weekend.

Biddco
11-18-2013, 03:45 PM
I have this as well and like having all the College Hockey options on a given weekend.

I do miss that about Comcast... NHL Network is a part of the GCL package for DirecTV. Boo

The Rube
11-18-2013, 07:45 PM
What is this and why would anyone want it????

I don't know. I never have seen it, and don't even know what channel it is. :p

I got it simply for the college hockey options. The rest was bonus. Although Redzone is beyond the bestest crack channel for a sports freak.