PDA

View Full Version : Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dude Love
11-18-2013, 01:54 AM
Have at it.

First Time, Long Time
11-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Do CC fans even post here anymore?
Hopefully they learned something from Saturday and come out hard both nights.
CC can not score (10 goals in 8 games) and this is at home, this should be a series we sweep.

jerphisch
11-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Do CC fans even post here anymore?
Hopefully they learned something from Saturday and come out hard both nights.
CC can not score (10 goals in 8 games) and this is at home, this should be a series we sweep.

Not many of us left. CC is going to get better as the year goes on, but will probably be inconsistant. Their last 2 against DU they played like total Garbage Friday, and much better Saturday, but scoring is still a challenge. Might be a sweep, but I wouldn't be surprised if CC pulls it together one night to win one either.

Tipsy McStagger
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
We aren't setting any scoring records either, aside from one game against a borderline D-I program. We need to some underclassmen to step up and start making plays, because so far this year they haven't done much.

But I agree, this should be a sweep.

First Time, Long Time
11-19-2013, 02:03 PM
We aren't setting any scoring records either, aside from one game against a borderline D-I program. We need to some underclassmen to step up and start making plays, because so far this year they haven't done much.

No, we aren't setting the world on fire offensively, but we have found ways to win and I'm not sure what the issue for CC is but when they have scored 2 goals or less in every game this year, I'd say their scoring woes are a much bigger concern than ours are.
I wonder if Lindgren gets another start this weekend, I think he has earned a shot at a conference foe.

GopherFan89
11-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Well you don't necessarily have to be the highest scoring team as long as you keep out the goals and limit the penalties. Huskies are ranked 2nd I believe in both of those categories. Should be a sweep.

GopherFan89
11-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Also CC plays a game tonight against Air Force. Strange that they're playing 3 games in 5 days.

cetihcra
11-19-2013, 06:47 PM

CC is next to last (to UAH) in offense, SCSU is 2nd nationally in defense. Should be an easy sweep, regardless of any SC offensive deficiencies. Interestingly, 3 of the top-10 defenses are NCHC. I expected this league to be a little more offensive. NoDak's 43rd ranked D brings the conference down a bit...f.k.n. Sioux.

r

MagnessMan
11-19-2013, 10:21 PM
This = bye week for the Cloudies. Sell your tickets and go ice fishing boys. It will be far more exciting.

Bullitt
11-19-2013, 10:32 PM
And CC is beaten by Air Force 3-1 in the World Arena. Wow!

MagnessMan
11-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Second straight win for the Cadets at the toilet (3 of last 6). BTW, this just in CC has a little pp (5%) 59th in the country.

MagnessMan
11-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Second straight win for the Cadets at the toilet (3 of last 6). BTW, this just in CC has a little pp (5%) 59th in the country.

First Time, Long Time
11-19-2013, 10:54 PM
This = bye week for the Cloudies. Sell your tickets and go ice fishing boys. It will be far more exciting.

Sell my tickets?
Not a chance in hell

Dude Love
11-20-2013, 02:09 AM
No, we aren't setting the world on fire offensively, but we have found ways to win and I'm not sure what the issue for CC is but when they have scored 2 goals or less in every game this year, I'd say their scoring woes are a much bigger concern than ours are.
I wonder if Lindgren gets another start this weekend, I think he has earned a shot at a conference foe.

Lindgren may not have seen a lot of rubber against the Chargers....but I'm sure he looked better than Faragher did. Ick.

And I've never even been ice fishing. If I don't have plans with a lady, I plan on watching the games on my couch.

hockeykrazy
11-20-2013, 06:19 AM
I'll miss the first period. My son has a game that night. I'll have it on DVR though.

I hope they don't take them lightly. CC struggled early last year and we saw how they came on strong at the end of the year.

As we saw Sat in Alabama any goalie can stand on their head(Walsh, McKay and Rumpel last year).

Hopefully we can start seeing the back of the net and solve our PP and scoring issues like last Friday- the one game I missed this year due to practice.:rolleyes:

Looks like CC outplayed Air Force especially in the third. Looking at their schedule they have 2 ot losses and 2 more 1 goal losses. They were pretty even in all games except dominated by Clarkson and Mn-Duluth (11 penalties) in one game each. Thorimbert has played well and kept them in a couple of those games. 3 Freshmen lead them in scoring (Roos has 3 goals) and Taft, Krushelnyski, McDermott, Stoykewych and Skalbeck are back.
Fejes has been held scoreless but I remember him being all over the place in the WCHA tournament last year.

First Time, Long Time
11-20-2013, 11:22 AM
I don't think they will be taking CC lightly.
They are a conference foe and we want to win the league and after last Saturday, I don't expect any mental letdowns.

Dude Love
11-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't think they will be taking CC lightly.
They are a conference foe and we want to win the league and after last Saturday, I don't expect any mental letdowns.

Though they do have a history of playing to the level of their opponents (positively or negatively). I wouldn't be surprised to see two close games.

The Exiled One
11-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I just won four tickets to the game Friday night! I try not to be greedy, but I sincerely I hope I get much more than I paid for.

scsutommyboy
11-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Lindgren may not have seen a lot of rubber against the Chargers....but I'm sure he looked better than Faragher did. Ick.

And I've never even been ice fishing. If I don't have plans with a lady, I plan on watching the games on my couch.

So you will be watching on the couch.....;):p

scsutommyboy
11-20-2013, 12:36 PM

They will start scoring. What I am impressed with is the total team defense. Goal scorer's will start score goals at some point and the fact that they are all doing such a great job in the defensive end takes a lot of pressure off trying some different stuff in the offensive end.