No announcement yet.

Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Have at it.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Do CC fans even post here anymore?
    Hopefully they learned something from Saturday and come out hard both nights.
    CC can not score (10 goals in 8 games) and this is at home, this should be a series we sweep.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Re: Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Do CC fans even post here anymore?
      Hopefully they learned something from Saturday and come out hard both nights.
      CC can not score (10 goals in 8 games) and this is at home, this should be a series we sweep.
      Not many of us left. CC is going to get better as the year goes on, but will probably be inconsistant. Their last 2 against DU they played like total Garbage Friday, and much better Saturday, but scoring is still a challenge. Might be a sweep, but I wouldn't be surprised if CC pulls it together one night to win one either.

Comment

We aren't setting any scoring records either, aside from one game against a borderline D-I program. We need to some underclassmen to step up and start making plays, because so far this year they haven't done much.

But I agree, this should be a sweep.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          We aren't setting any scoring records either, aside from one game against a borderline D-I program. We need to some underclassmen to step up and start making plays, because so far this year they haven't done much.

No, we aren't setting the world on fire offensively, but we have found ways to win and I'm not sure what the issue for CC is but when they have scored 2 goals or less in every game this year, I'd say their scoring woes are a much bigger concern than ours are.
          I wonder if Lindgren gets another start this weekend, I think he has earned a shot at a conference foe.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Well you don't necessarily have to be the highest scoring team as long as you keep out the goals and limit the penalties. Huskies are ranked 2nd I believe in both of those categories. Should be a sweep.

Comment

Also CC plays a game tonight against Air Force. Strange that they're playing 3 games in 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post

CC is next to last (to UAH) in offense, SCSU is 2nd nationally in defense. Should be an easy sweep, regardless of any SC offensive deficiencies. Interestingly, 3 of the top-10 defenses are NCHC. I expected this league to be a little more offensive. NoDak's 43rd ranked D brings the conference down a bit...f.k.n. Sioux.

r

Comment

This = bye week for the Cloudies. Sell your tickets and go ice fishing boys. It will be far more exciting.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

And CC is beaten by Air Force 3-1 in the World Arena. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                      Second straight win for the Cadets at the toilet (3 of last 6). BTW, this just in CC has a little pp (5%) 59th in the country.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                        Second straight win for the Cadets at the toilet (3 of last 6). BTW, this just in CC has a little pp (5%) 59th in the country.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                          This = bye week for the Cloudies. Sell your tickets and go ice fishing boys. It will be far more exciting.
                          Sell my tickets?
                          Not a chance in hell
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

No, we aren't setting the world on fire offensively, but we have found ways to win and I'm not sure what the issue for CC is but when they have scored 2 goals or less in every game this year, I'd say their scoring woes are a much bigger concern than ours are.
                            I wonder if Lindgren gets another start this weekend, I think he has earned a shot at a conference foe.
                            Lindgren may not have seen a lot of rubber against the Chargers....but I'm sure he looked better than Faragher did. Ick.

And I've never even been ice fishing. If I don't have plans with a lady, I plan on watching the games on my couch.
                            Last edited by Dude Love; 11-20-2013, 02:12 AM.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I'll miss the first period. My son has a game that night. I'll have it on DVR though.

I hope they don't take them lightly. CC struggled early last year and we saw how they came on strong at the end of the year.

As we saw Sat in Alabama any goalie can stand on their head(Walsh, McKay and Rumpel last year).

Hopefully we can start seeing the back of the net and solve our PP and scoring issues like last Friday- the one game I missed this year due to practice.

Looks like CC outplayed Air Force especially in the third. Looking at their schedule they have 2 ot losses and 2 more 1 goal losses. They were pretty even in all games except dominated by Clarkson and Mn-Duluth (11 penalties) in one game each. Thorimbert has played well and kept them in a couple of those games. 3 Freshmen lead them in scoring (Roos has 3 goals) and Taft, Krushelnyski, McDermott, Stoykewych and Skalbeck are back.
                              Fejes has been held scoreless but I remember him being all over the place in the WCHA tournament last year.
                              Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-20-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X