No announcement yet.

Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

First of all CC is not an awful team. They played pretty good and Mark Parrish said multiple times this team doesn't play like a team with only one win. Motzko mentioned all of their one goal games and the difference between SCSU and them is only .5 goal a game. It is still pretty early and teams are figuring stuff out. It was a good up and down physical game that could have gone either way. Both teams had chances that they couldn't finish. We had two right at the end of regulation. They had a breakaway by Fejes at the end of OT. I'm impressed by the Finns- Kosilla and Nevalainen. A couple of saucer passes instead of intercepted centering passes on the ice through the box and this could have been a blowout early. We have to come ready to play every night. Go Huskies!

Comment

Re: Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

We're obviously not going to win them all...but the Huskies biffed it on at least 3 tap-ins. We let that one get away from us.

I'm also trying to figure out the shootout. Benik, Kossila, and....David Morley?? Every day of the week I put Dowd or Brodzinski out there. But that's just me.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

So I gather from this result that it means UND is the worst team in the NCHC. Awesome!
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          So I gather from this result that it means UND is the worst team in the NCHC. Awesome!
          I dunno...Duluth is pretty awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            We're obviously not going to win them all...but the Huskies biffed it on at least 3 tap-ins. We let that one get away from us.

I'm also trying to figure out the shootout. Benik, Kossila, and....David Morley?? Every day of the week I put Dowd or Brodzinski out there. But that's just me.
            Brodzinski has a big shot but isn't very nifty with the puck. I would go with Dowd Kossila Benik Morley and maybe Nevalainen
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Brodzinski has a big shot but isn't very nifty with the puck. I would go with Dowd Kossila Benik Morley and maybe Nevalainen
              I have no problem with letting Jonny just let one rip from the slot.

Comment

Comcast in the Twin Cities has the game on 999. Just found out, but hey, there's still a period left. And it's HD.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Comcast in the Twin Cities has the game on 999. Just found out, but hey, there's still a period left. And it's HD.
                  All St. Cloud home games are on that channel this year. UTVS went HD over the summer.

Comment

All St. Cloud home games are on that channel this year. UTVS went HD over the summer.
                    That is good to know. Better than watching the BC-Maine game tonight.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That's more like it.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I dunno...Duluth is pretty awful.
                        We're not awful. We are average to slightly below average.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          It's not a bad loss.
                          Still got a point and a win tonight means 4 out of 6, that's fine.
                          Friday was not a loss; it just felt like one. I agree that 4 points this weekend was fine in light of the lack of finish on Friday.

Good win by the good guys last night. Rehkamp continues to improve his play. He'll start to score as the season continues. Loved Dowd's chicken-wing dance on the last goal. Someone needs to tell Jim Rich about the BWW promo.

Enjoyed watching the Husckeys in HD on Comcast channel 999 in the Twin Cities area without having to wonder if Charter was possibly broadcasting the game and, if so, on what channel. Looking forward to watching more of St. Cloud State hockey broadcasts with such a clean and crisp picture. It looks much more professional considering it is a student run production.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            We're not awful. We are average to slightly below average.
                            Exactly. We are the worst! We are the worst! U-S-A! U-S-A!
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                              First of all CC is not an awful team. They played pretty good and Mark Parrish said multiple times this team doesn't play like a team with only one win. Motzko mentioned all of their one goal games and the difference between SCSU and them is only .5 goal a game. It is still pretty early and teams are figuring stuff out. It was a good up and down physical game that could have gone either way. Both teams had chances that they couldn't finish. We had two right at the end of regulation. They had a breakaway by Fejes at the end of OT. I'm impressed by the Finns- Kosilla and Nevalainen. A couple of saucer passes instead of intercepted centering passes on the ice through the box and this could have been a blowout early. We have to come ready to play every night. Go Huskies!
                              So everything Parrish or Motzko says is gospel? Tell me when either of them says anything bad about an opposing team. They don't do it, they have no reason to. You are as good as your record says you are. CC hadn't won a game since their first of the season. They have the 2nd worst offense in Division I. They are 32nd out of 59 teams in defense. Motzko can cherry pick any kind of stats he wants to make it look like we shouldn't take CC lightly. That is his job. He had to get pretty obscure and go to goals/game in league play, even though we had only played 4 league games and two were against a very good Miami team. The RPI said we were the 2nd best team in the country going into the weekend and the Tigers were one of the 10 worst.

The players do have to come ready to play every night. That is my point. Last year getting swept at home by Northern Michigan almost kept us out of the NCAA tournament. Coming out flat both games in Anchorage and at home against Michigan Tech was the difference between getting the MacNaughton to ourselves and having to share with the Rodents.

I hope CC turns it around because I don't like seeing any team have a horrible season, but as of right now it looks like that is what it is.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                                So everything Parrish or Motzko says is gospel? Tell me when either of them says anything bad about an opposing team. They don't do it, they have no reason to. You are as good as your record says you are. CC hadn't won a game since their first of the season. They have the 2nd worst offense in Division I. They are 32nd out of 59 teams in defense. Motzko can cherry pick any kind of stats he wants to make it look like we shouldn't take CC lightly. That is his job. He had to get pretty obscure and go to goals/game in league play, even though we had only played 4 league games and two were against a very good Miami team. The RPI said we were the 2nd best team in the country going into the weekend and the Tigers were one of the 10 worst.

The players do have to come ready to play every night. That is my point. Last year getting swept at home by Northern Michigan almost kept us out of the NCAA tournament. Coming out flat both games in Anchorage and at home against Michigan Tech was the difference between getting the MacNaughton to ourselves and having to share with the Rodents.

I hope CC turns it around because I don't like seeing any team have a horrible season, but as of right now it looks like that is what it is.
                                Players are human, some nights you just don't have it, they responded quite well on Saturday and for the most part, have been consistent all season.
                                Also, according to the pairwise, Friday was NOT a loss.
                                We also won the series, so calm down would you.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X