PDA

View Full Version : Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Biddco
11-24-2013, 12:08 AM
I dunno...Duluth is pretty awful.

We're not awful. We are average to slightly below average.

Husckey Domi Nation
11-24-2013, 09:49 AM
It's not a bad loss.
Still got a point and a win tonight means 4 out of 6, that's fine.

Friday was not a loss; it just felt like one. I agree that 4 points this weekend was fine in light of the lack of finish on Friday.

Good win by the good guys last night. Rehkamp continues to improve his play. He'll start to score as the season continues. Loved Dowd's chicken-wing dance on the last goal. Someone needs to tell Jim Rich about the BWW promo.

Enjoyed watching the Husckeys in HD on Comcast channel 999 in the Twin Cities area without having to wonder if Charter was possibly broadcasting the game and, if so, on what channel. Looking forward to watching more of St. Cloud State hockey broadcasts with such a clean and crisp picture. It looks much more professional considering it is a student run production.

Dirty
11-24-2013, 10:05 AM
We're not awful. We are average to slightly below average.

Exactly. We are the worst! We are the worst! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Tipsy McStagger
11-24-2013, 08:55 PM
First of all CC is not an awful team. They played pretty good and Mark Parrish said multiple times this team doesn't play like a team with only one win. Motzko mentioned all of their one goal games and the difference between SCSU and them is only .5 goal a game. It is still pretty early and teams are figuring stuff out. It was a good up and down physical game that could have gone either way. Both teams had chances that they couldn't finish. We had two right at the end of regulation. They had a breakaway by Fejes at the end of OT. I'm impressed by the Finns- Kosilla and Nevalainen. A couple of saucer passes instead of intercepted centering passes on the ice through the box and this could have been a blowout early. We have to come ready to play every night. Go Huskies!
So everything Parrish or Motzko says is gospel? Tell me when either of them says anything bad about an opposing team. They don't do it, they have no reason to. You are as good as your record says you are. CC hadn't won a game since their first of the season. They have the 2nd worst offense in Division I. They are 32nd out of 59 teams in defense. Motzko can cherry pick any kind of stats he wants to make it look like we shouldn't take CC lightly. That is his job. He had to get pretty obscure and go to goals/game in league play, even though we had only played 4 league games and two were against a very good Miami team. The RPI said we were the 2nd best team in the country going into the weekend and the Tigers were one of the 10 worst.

The players do have to come ready to play every night. That is my point. Last year getting swept at home by Northern Michigan almost kept us out of the NCAA tournament. Coming out flat both games in Anchorage and at home against Michigan Tech was the difference between getting the MacNaughton to ourselves and having to share with the Rodents.

I hope CC turns it around because I don't like seeing any team have a horrible season, but as of right now it looks like that is what it is.

First Time, Long Time
11-24-2013, 09:25 PM
So everything Parrish or Motzko says is gospel? Tell me when either of them says anything bad about an opposing team. They don't do it, they have no reason to. You are as good as your record says you are. CC hadn't won a game since their first of the season. They have the 2nd worst offense in Division I. They are 32nd out of 59 teams in defense. Motzko can cherry pick any kind of stats he wants to make it look like we shouldn't take CC lightly. That is his job. He had to get pretty obscure and go to goals/game in league play, even though we had only played 4 league games and two were against a very good Miami team. The RPI said we were the 2nd best team in the country going into the weekend and the Tigers were one of the 10 worst.

The players do have to come ready to play every night. That is my point. Last year getting swept at home by Northern Michigan almost kept us out of the NCAA tournament. Coming out flat both games in Anchorage and at home against Michigan Tech was the difference between getting the MacNaughton to ourselves and having to share with the Rodents.

I hope CC turns it around because I don't like seeing any team have a horrible season, but as of right now it looks like that is what it is.

Players are human, some nights you just don't have it, they responded quite well on Saturday and for the most part, have been consistent all season.
Also, according to the pairwise, Friday was NOT a loss.
We also won the series, so calm down would you.

Biddco
11-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Exactly. We are the worst! We are the worst! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Fire Hak!

Tipsy McStagger
11-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Players are human, some nights you just don't have it, they responded quite well on Saturday and for the most part, have been consistent all season.
Also, according to the pairwise, Friday was NOT a loss.
We also won the series, so calm down would you.
I am perfectly calm. I just don't make excuses. We are not going to win every game, but when someone says that CC beating us shows parity in our league I will point out that our team is superior to theirs and it is a bad loss.

According to the NCHC standings it is a shootout loss. If you wanna play the semantics game go ahead. We lost according to the rules of our conference. But yeah, they came out last night and played great.

First Time, Long Time
11-24-2013, 11:12 PM
I am perfectly calm. I just don't make excuses. We are not going to win every game, but when someone says that CC beating us shows parity in our league I will point out that our team is superior to theirs and it is a bad loss.

According to the NCHC standings it is a shootout loss. If you wanna play the semantics game go ahead. We lost according to the rules of our conference. But yeah, they came out last night and played great.

Saying CC is better than their record is not making excuses, it's saying they play better than their record and for the most part, they do.
The NCHC standings do not show it as a shootout loss either, they show it as a tie as well, or can you not read the standings chart on the NCHC website?
Also, just because a team is "superior" does not mean that losing to an "inferior" team is a bad loss, we played well enough to win, CC's goalie was much better on Friday than he was on Saturday and we couldn't get a 3rd one past him, that isn't a bad loss no matter how many times you want to say it is.

Tipsy McStagger
11-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Saying CC is better than their record is not making excuses, it's saying they play better than their record and for the most part, they do.
The NCHC standings do not show it as a shootout loss either, they show it as a tie as well, or can you not read the standings chart on the NCHC website?
Also, just because a team is "superior" does not mean that losing to an "inferior" team is a bad loss, we played well enough to win, CC's goalie was much better on Friday than he was on Saturday and we couldn't get a 3rd one past him, that isn't a bad loss no matter how many times you want to say it is.

I am assuming this is FTLT posting but can't be sure as I can't read.

First Time, Long Time
11-24-2013, 11:28 PM
I am assuming this is FTLT posting but can't be sure as I can't read.

Well if you want to be a child about it, go right ahead.
If you wish to hand-wring over Friday's game as well, you can do that too, but right now in doing both, you look like an ***.

Tipsy McStagger
11-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Well if you want to be a child about it, go right ahead.
If you wish to hand-wring over Friday's game as well, you can do that too, but right now in doing both, you look like an ***.
Telling me to calm down, accusing me of not being able to read because I don't use the same wording as you, then saying I am being childish, hand-wringing and calling me an *** are all well-reasoned responses. You are name calling and I am the one acting like a child. Got it.

goldy_331
11-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Gosh I looooove the JBSU fan base. They always manage to keep proving all the generalities about them that they then try to deny, just like the thread title does. :D

First Time, Long Time
11-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Telling me to calm down, accusing me of not being able to read because I don't use the same wording as you, then saying I am being childish, hand-wringing and calling me an *** are all well-reasoned responses. You are name calling and I am the one acting like a child. Got it.

You are the only person calling something that isn't even a loss for us according to the standings published by the league (other people who use a different wording than you) a "bad loss."
Yeah, I questioned your reading ability when you said the standings said we lost, when well no, it doesn't say that and it is not hard to read that.
Your response back to that, (where I didn't say you couldn't read BTW, I asked it, there's a difference) was childish, so you got called one.
If you want to keep going round and round here, I'm game, but the simple fact is, you are the only person calling a non-loss according to the standings and the pairwise, which is the only thing that matters in the end, a bad loss.
You can call it one, use whatever wording you want if you feel like it, it still doesn't change that officially, it is not a loss.
They rebounded from Friday's tie to crush CC Saturday and win the series and you still can't seem to get over Friday's result.
Also, your comment that your record says how good you are, is absolutely wrong.
Your record says where you are in the standings, not how good of a team you are.
Hell you yourself called Miami a very good team but in that same post said your record says how good you are.
As of right now, their record in conference play says they are one of the worst in the NCHC and their overall record says they are barely above average.
So which is it then?
Are they a very good team, or average because their record says so?
Numbers lie all the time, and that is why you hear so many people say a team is better than their record.
CC is one of those teams right now, so is Miami.
We didn't get the bounces on Friday even though we had the chances and CC did get the bounce.
I also agree with Parrish, Motzko, and hockeykrazy that CC did not play like a team that had one win on Friday.
They were physical, strong defensively and got the bounces they needed with an offensively challenged team to get the points and Saturday we were the better team in all phases and the score reflected that.
This is this school's best start in 12 years, enjoy the ride.

Dirty
11-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Gosh I looooove the JBSU fan base. They always manage to keep proving all the generalities about them that they then try to deny, just like the thread title does. :D

It is fun. They are going to be #1 in the country but still can't get along and find things to fight about.

Dude Love
11-25-2013, 12:40 PM

Makes me die a little inside every time I come here.

And I used this thread title because I found it hilarious that the Big 10 season won't start until we're within sniffing distance of December.

Dude Love
11-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Let me get this out on the table...

FTLT: Tipsy is right. The reason St. Cloud almost missed the NCAAs last year is because we went out and crapped the bed against a couple teams that were supposedly "better than their record." Which I think is just an excuse because you can't go out and say you got beat by some crappy team. Yes...that was his original point.

Tipsy: FTLT told you to settle down because you wrote a book about a subject I just summed up in two sentences. Leave your rants for when it actually matters. :)

First Time, Long Time
11-25-2013, 12:56 PM

FTLT: Tipsy is right. The reason St. Cloud almost missed the NCAAs last year is because we went out and crapped the bed against a couple teams that were supposedly "better than their record." Which I think is just an excuse because you can't go out and say you got beat by some crappy team. Yes...that was his original point.

Tipsy: FTLT told you to settle down because you wrote a book about a subject I just summed up in two sentences. Leave your rants for when it actually matters. :)

I disgree with that being the only thing you can say.
Last year Motzko was furious with our losses to RPI and NMU, but he's not with the CC game.
That tells me he really did think we got beat by a crappy team last year but not so with Friday's tie game and shootout.
The players were more upset with their effort in the neutral zone than he was with the result based on the interviews.
I guess for me it's we're 9-1-2 right now and are 6-0 on the road while not so far securing a sweep at home.
Is that concerning?
Maybe a little, but it's still way to early to call anything a "bad loss" especially when it wasn't.
Yeah our non-con record last year didn't help us any, so far this year we are 3-0-1 with Union and the North Star left.
If we end up 3-4-1, I'll worry
Right now? Nope

Tipsy McStagger
11-25-2013, 12:59 PM

I don't set aside time each day to come to this forum. I come here when I am bored. I have the time to write a paragraph or two. Whether anyone reads it or cares about my opinion is up to them. I don't feel like anything I wrote was a rant or childish or hand-wringing. My first post was one line. I actually said it was a terrible loss, which was a bit hyperbolic. But I do think CC is awful. It is only one game, but they only play twice a week.

Someone has to post in these threads and entertain the Gopher fans.

goldy_331
11-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Someone has to post in these threads and entertain the Gopher fans.

And I, for one, thank you for that.

ETA: Edited for my crappy typing...

scsutommyboy
11-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Isn't it nice to have a team coming off a frozen four birth and is now 9-1-2? Tippsy is right the tie was not a good one. Of course every team has these games and the fact that the team is 9-1-2 makes a bad game like that not such a big deal. now if they come out and get swept at UMD in two weekends then we have something to worry about. I am going to be honest here. Being a Husky fan for over the last 20+ years was painful at times especially under Dahl. A few of his teams were loaded and better talent wise in my opinion than last years team, but couldn't win a *** NCAA game..... So I am just sitting back right now and enjoying the season. That's right I am taking the great Mike Tice's advice and telling everybody including myself to ENJOY THE SEASON! It is great being a Husky fan right now and I am going to enjoy as long as I can.:)