PDA

View Full Version : Colorado College at St. Cloud State: No, the Big 10 Season STILL Hasn't Started

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

First Time, Long Time
11-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Though they do have a history of playing to the level of their opponents (positively or negatively). I wouldn't be surprised to see two close games.

This conference is likely going to be so tight, that close games are probably going to be the norm across the board, but that doesn't mean they "played to the level of their opponent."
Lots of factors can go into a close game.
Last year's games here were both 2 goal wins but from what I remember, the games were not that close.

Husckey Domi Nation
11-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Questionable decision for Owens to schedule his team to play an instate rival on a Tuesday night game (after weekend games) just prior to traveling to St. Cloud to play two conference games. Wonder if CC will have a lot of jump during the game on Saturday at the Brooks Center.

Dude Love
11-20-2013, 05:11 PM
So you will be watching on the couch.....;):p

No...it depends on if she's still sick. :p

Lady wore Black
11-20-2013, 08:18 PM
No...it depends on if she's still sick. :p

Then that means no. :D

I am debating on making my way up there on Saturday for the game, but that would mean that I cannot do office hours. On second thought, office hours are more important.

First Time, Long Time
11-20-2013, 11:02 PM
So for any CC fans, what's the reason for the lack of scoring?

fireman8
11-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Hard to say. CC has been awful on the powerplay this year (last in NCAA). They had some grade A chances against AFA this week and just couldn't bury them. The upperclassmen haven't produced at all and thus far have been a huge disappointment.

GopherFan89
11-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Looks like CC rose to the occasion by scoring just enough to tie (and then win) the game. That's a bummer, but it looks like there's more parity in the NCHC than originally met the eye.

Tipsy McStagger
11-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Looks like CC rose to the occasion by scoring just enough to tie (and then win) the game. That's a bummer, but it looks like there's more parity in the NCHC than originally met the eye.

Surprise! I am gonna disagree. CC is awful. Terrible loss for St. Cloud. Especially considering CC just played and llost on Tuesday.

Pump It Up
11-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Surprise! I am gonna disagree. CC is awful. Terrible loss for St. Cloud. Especially considering CC just played and llost on Tuesday.

I'm with you.

As an aside, I love the way Krushelnyski plays.

First Time, Long Time
11-23-2013, 12:09 PM
It's not a bad loss.
Still got a point and a win tonight means 4 out of 6, that's fine.
Thorimbert played well, we couldn't bury the cnahces we had and they got a fluky one off Gravel and another through about 6 people.
I will say I can't remember CC being this physical or defensive minded for quite some time.

On an unrelated note at least in terms of affecting the outcome, Sheppard sucks.

hockeykrazy
11-23-2013, 12:28 PM
First of all CC is not an awful team. They played pretty good and Mark Parrish said multiple times this team doesn't play like a team with only one win. Motzko mentioned all of their one goal games and the difference between SCSU and them is only .5 goal a game. It is still pretty early and teams are figuring stuff out. It was a good up and down physical game that could have gone either way. Both teams had chances that they couldn't finish. We had two right at the end of regulation. They had a breakaway by Fejes at the end of OT. I'm impressed by the Finns- Kosilla and Nevalainen. A couple of saucer passes instead of intercepted centering passes on the ice through the box and this could have been a blowout early. We have to come ready to play every night. Go Huskies!

Dude Love
11-23-2013, 01:25 PM
We're obviously not going to win them all...but the Huskies biffed it on at least 3 tap-ins. We let that one get away from us.

I'm also trying to figure out the shootout. Benik, Kossila, and....David Morley?? Every day of the week I put Dowd or Brodzinski out there. But that's just me.

Dirty
11-23-2013, 01:30 PM
So I gather from this result that it means UND is the worst team in the NCHC. Awesome!

Dude Love
11-23-2013, 02:18 PM
So I gather from this result that it means UND is the worst team in the NCHC. Awesome!

I dunno...Duluth is pretty awful.

Tipsy McStagger
11-23-2013, 08:25 PM
We're obviously not going to win them all...but the Huskies biffed it on at least 3 tap-ins. We let that one get away from us.

I'm also trying to figure out the shootout. Benik, Kossila, and....David Morley?? Every day of the week I put Dowd or Brodzinski out there. But that's just me.

Brodzinski has a big shot but isn't very nifty with the puck. I would go with Dowd Kossila Benik Morley and maybe Nevalainen

Dude Love
11-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Brodzinski has a big shot but isn't very nifty with the puck. I would go with Dowd Kossila Benik Morley and maybe Nevalainen

I have no problem with letting Jonny just let one rip from the slot.

The Rube
11-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Comcast in the Twin Cities has the game on 999. Just found out, but hey, there's still a period left. And it's HD.

Dude Love
11-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Comcast in the Twin Cities has the game on 999. Just found out, but hey, there's still a period left. And it's HD.

All St. Cloud home games are on that channel this year. UTVS went HD over the summer.

The Rube
11-23-2013, 08:52 PM
All St. Cloud home games are on that channel this year. UTVS went HD over the summer.

That is good to know. Better than watching the BC-Maine game tonight. :)

First Time, Long Time
11-23-2013, 11:49 PM
That's more like it.