Potsdam Bears 2013-14, Shiny new rink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potsdam Bears 2013-14, Shiny new rink

Ironically the original thread vanished, so I decided to begin a new one. Where do I begin? I had high aspirations for the upcoming season after witnessing some encouraging results over the past few seasons and a new rink. But alas we're 0-6 and upcoming next weekend are two extremely important contests with SUNY Canton. IMHO, these two contests will be of the "make it or break it" variety for the rest of the season. If my Bears don't fare well, I can't imagine how the rest of the season will unfold. Not attempting to be a downer or negative, rather I have watched all the games this season and realize what I am seeing.
    Don't misinterpret what I posted. I support the team regardless, I am just an Alum who wants the program to be successful.
    Last edited by Saints17; 11-17-2013, 07:47 AM.
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Re: Potsdam Bears 2013-14, Shiny new rink

That's odd. The schedule not too long ago had one Canton game and an Elmira game. Now the Elmira game is gone, and another Canton game added. How late was this change made?
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I do believe this scheduling change was made recently, as in the last 30 days. Not sure if this is a result of New York State "encouraging" more contests between the schools or something else. Either way both games should be interesting, home and home.
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
        I do believe this scheduling change was made recently, as in the last 30 days. Not sure if this is a result of New York State "encouraging" more contests between the schools or something else. Either way both games should be interesting, home and home.
        The part I don't get is how do you tell Elmira go find another opponent so late in the year?
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          The part I don't get is how do you tell Elmira go find another opponent so late in the year?
          Elmira seems to have 25 games on the schedule now without a Potsdam game.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Filed under "M" for mystery?
            LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Elmira seems to have 25 games on the schedule now without a Potsdam game.
              Elmira lost the Potsdam game late in the summer. It was originally on there and later changed.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Elmira lost the Potsdam game late in the summer. It was originally on there and later changed.
                But, it was replaced...
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Filed under "M" for mystery?
                  First you lose your thread, and now a scheduled game...time to start winning, Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                    First you lose your thread, and now a scheduled game...time to start winning, Bears.
                    +1
                    LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Teddy Bear toss to take place on Friday night. Then hopefully some Kangaroo kickin' too!

http://www.potsdambears.com/news/201...119134313.aspx
                      LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Big one tonight at Maxcy. I remember a few years ago when Canton and Potsdam last played, it was unique in a sense that you could feel the energy in the air. It reminded me a bit of a St. Lawrence vs Clarkson game, or a Canton vs Potsdam high school game. Natural rivals, Route 11....should be a great one to watch. GO BEARS!
                        LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

What can I say? A very solid outing by the Bears from start to finish. I am very proud of the work ethic they showed tonight along with their poise. Canton came out of the gate strong but the Bears maintained their composure after falling behind early. On display tonight was a scrappy bunch of Kangaroos though. Don't take Canton lightly though as they demonstrated a strong willingness to compete for lose pucks and solid d zone coverage. I gotta give a lot of credit to Coach Bernard to have the kids ready to go tonight. They played for 60 minutes in front of a packed Maxcy Hall. Tomorrow night on the road at Canton, one thing is for sure, no worries about bus legs. Go get 'em Bears!
                          LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

What can I say? A very solid outing by the Bears from start to finish. I am very proud of the work ethic they showed tonight along with their poise. Canton came out of the gate strong but the Bears maintained their composure after falling behind early. On display tonight was a scrappy bunch of Kangaroos though. Don't take Canton lightly though as they demonstrated a strong willingness to compete for lose pucks and solid d zone coverage. I gotta give a lot of credit to Coach Bernard to have the kids ready to go tonight. They played for 60 minutes in front of a packed Maxcy Hall. Tomorrow night on the road at Canton, one thing is for sure, no worries about bus legs. Go get 'em Bears!
                            Saints

Do you think it can get to the level of CCT-SLU? I hope so and perhaps the Canton half can be scheduled at Appleton to accommodate the large crowds.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Saints

Do you think it can get to the level of CCT-SLU? I hope so and perhaps the Canton half can be scheduled at Appleton to accommodate the large crowds.
                              I think it can approach the intensity, but it takes time to establish a rivalry like SLU/Clarkson. Last night at Maxcy there were only a handful of seats empty and I mean you could count them on one hand. I think tonight's game at Canton will be packed. SLU is on the road and I think the Canton community will show their support. I recall playing games at the Pavilion and we would get a lot of student support. Canton is a program to watch because they showed a lot of grit last night and a strong desire to compete. Potsdam's talent is better at this time but we all know the old saying, " Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.".
                              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Working...
                              X