View Full Version : Wisconsin @ Miami

Pages : [1] 2

MUnRPI
11-13-2013, 09:06 AM
I like series threads.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-13-2013, 01:08 PM
I like series threads.

I like fine cheeses, fall walks along Lake Mendota, and discussing Mike Eaves taste in neck wear. (More paisley.)

WiscDC
11-13-2013, 01:16 PM
I like fine cheeses, fall walks along Lake Mendota, and discussing Mike Eaves taste in neck wear. (More paisley.)

I like hockey chants at other sports, such as volleyball, where I'll be tracking the end of the friday game. I like hockey growing in "non-traditional markets" - see Kerdiles, Nic and Williams, Jay - and when the Badgers win, so the football fans can see it on the "Badger Rewind" on the scoreboard.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-13-2013, 02:07 PM
I like hockey chants at other sports, such as volleyball, where I'll be tracking the end of the friday game. I like hockey growing in "non-traditional markets" - see Kerdiles, Nic and Williams, Jay - and when the Badgers win, so the football fans can see it on the "Badger Rewind" on the scoreboard.

I like the thing you said about hockey, the rest I didn't really understand very well.

Also, I'm curious as to which of the four words MUnRPI started this soon to be spectacular thread off with required editing.

WiscDC
11-13-2013, 02:18 PM
I like the thing you said about hockey, the rest I didn't really understand very well.

Also, I'm curious as to which of the four words MUnRPI started this soon to be spectacular thread off with required editing.

I like where this thread is heading.

SanTropez
11-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Miami fans: Bucky fans like paint thinner and dead deer and not necessarily in that order.

Your Welcome,

A Gopher fan

Wisko McBadgerton
11-13-2013, 02:41 PM
A Gopher fan

What took you so long? There were FOUR posts before you. I realize it's early in the season but you guys are way off your game. Better pick it up. You play us in a couple of weeks.

SweeneyHawksHockey
11-14-2013, 08:02 AM

I like to think the first post initally read "I <3 series threads." Why was it changed? The world may never know.

Timothy A
11-14-2013, 08:05 AM

This has to be nomonated for post of the year.

I like Sprecher Orange Dream soda, pepperonchinis, and Mustangs.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-14-2013, 01:34 PM
I like Tim's very astute observations.

Why is was changed?

To be fair, sometimes editing is a useful tool.

Also, I like our chances this weekend in the pre-game grammar bee.

SweeneyHawksHockey
11-14-2013, 02:10 PM
To be fair, sometimes editing is a useful tool.

Also, I like our chances this weekend in the pre-game grammar bee.

I'm embarrassed. :D

WisconsinWildcard
11-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Any tv or streaming options for Saturday?

Oh and I like how everything was so much better back in the day...especially nostalgia.

MUhawks628
11-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Any tv or streaming options for Saturday?

Oh and I like how everything was so much better back in the day...especially nostalgia.

$10.95 for 1 month. Not the best feed in the world but you can see the game, most of the time.

http://www.muredhawks.com/subs/Landing.dbml?&&DB_OEM_ID=26100

NEWI Badger Fan
11-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Don't need the stream. I'll be there on Saturday! :)

WiscDC
11-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Don't need the stream. I'll be there on Saturday! :)

I like fans in red and white in the middle of all those Miami fans...also in red and white.

MUnRPI
11-15-2013, 09:05 AM

I forgot the punctuation :mad:

Miami will win one of the games by a score of 4-1

Wisko McBadgerton
11-15-2013, 12:15 PM
It's all good Redhawk fans, new season, new conferences... everybody is a little shaky getting started. Best evidenced by the Badgers, a veteran team maybe too high over a #2 ranking, riding into an ambush at the Boston Massacre a few weeks back that shook them up. It carried over to the next series giving up 3 in the first 4 minutes before we finally settled in and dominated a pretty decent LSSU team for the next 116 minutes.

Going into tonight, Bucky has questions. Primarily has Landon Peterson recovered sufficiently from the shelling he took in Boston to return to the form he displayed last year? Joel Rumpel is rumored to be returning to the net for Saturday night after being out with an October ankle injury, so tonight is Landon's chance to shine again after giving up just one in his last outing.

Keys to the game for Bucky IMO are 1.) Badger Captain, Frankie Simonelli and Captain America, Jake McCabe staying in position and not giving up odd man rushes early on to Miami's very talented top line. 2) Bucky staying out of the box. If the Badgers can roll four lines there are few teams that can match up.

Bold prediction: If Bucky is even or up after the first tonight, we sweep on the road against a really good Miami team.

MUnRPI
11-15-2013, 03:08 PM
It's all good Redhawk fans, new season, new conferences... everybody is a little shaky getting started. Best evidenced by the Badgers, a veteran team maybe too high over a #2 ranking, riding into an ambush at the Boston Massacre a few weeks back that shook them up. It carried over to the next series giving up 3 in the first 4 minutes before we finally settled in and dominated a pretty decent LSSU team for the next 116 minutes.

Going into tonight, Bucky has questions. Primarily has Landon Peterson recovered sufficiently from the shelling he took in Boston to return to the form he displayed last year? Joel Rumpel is rumored to be returning to the net for Saturday night after being out with an October ankle injury, so tonight is Landon's chance to shine again after giving up just one in his last outing.

Keys to the game for Bucky IMO are 1.) Badger Captain, Frankie Simonelli and Captain America, Jake McCabe staying in position and not giving up odd man rushes early on to Miami's very talented top line. 2) Bucky staying out of the box. If the Badgers can roll four lines there are few teams that can match up.

Bold prediction: If Bucky is even or up after the first tonight, we sweep on the road against a really good Miami team.

In big games, Rico's teams tend to come out flying but rarely are able to built on that momentum. When North Dakota scored early on us it was very deflating and took the offense out of its rhythm. So your bold prediction isn't totally crazy

MUnRPI
11-15-2013, 03:08 PM

In big games, Rico's teams tend to come out flying but rarely are able to built on that momentum. When North Dakota scored early on us it was very deflating and took the offense out of its rhythm. So your bold prediction isn't totally crazy

Wisko McBadgerton
11-15-2013, 03:56 PM

I considered a less bold prediction: If Bucky is down at the end of 3 both nights, we'll probably get swept.

Badgers need to show they can weather the storm early against a good team. It's a question mark and after byes two of the last three weeks Blasi certainly suspects the Badgers maybe vulnerable to the psychology of going down early. No doubt he's stressed that this week in practice, the same way Eaves has talked about the start all week. Expecting a real battle right out of the gate with potentially big PWR implications for both teams down the road on the line.

Also, this is College Hockey News' designated Game of the Week. (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/11/15_game_of_the_week_miami-wisconsin.php)