LSSU at MTU - The spinoff returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU at MTU - The spinoff returns

Pretty excited about this one. The two real UP hockey schools facing off.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Re: LSSU at MTU - The spinoff returns

Looking forward to seeing this UP "rivalry" in person. As I've heard before LSSU was started as a branch of MTU.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Tech needs another home sweep to get back in the race going into their two-week Alaska jaunt.

Comment

I posed this question on our LSSU thread . . .

Has there ever been a conference league game between LSSU and Tech? Not since 1984 when Tech dabbled in the CCHA.

And as I said on the LSSU thread, I just can't work up a hate for Tech. Must be the little brother thing. Or maybe we both used to be amazing programs that represented the pride of the UP . . . . only to fall upon hard, long, cold winters of bad hockey.

Either way, I am hoping LSSU can cut down on the shots against, keep up the good goaltending, keep up the balanced scoring, and take two in Houghton. Then Tech can enjoy Alaska.

My brother is a Tech product who lives in Alaska and he says its always a special function when Tech comes to town for the alumni (at least in Anchorage). So I am urging the Tech players to get ready for Alaska. Get excited for the mountains and the wonderful sights and sounds of the Last Frontier. Look forward to the long, fun road trip. Look forward to bonding with your brothers. You will get to see McKinley . . . eat moose sausage . . . . mingle with passionate alumni. You might even see a few girls (which are in frightenly short supply at Houghton). Yes -- look forward to all the girls you can see in Alaska.

But don't worry about LSSU. Nah . . . little old LSSU? No need to prep for this series. Relax. A once-in-a-lifetime journey to the Final Frontier awaits!

Comment

I'm with Lakerblue, I have no particular qualms against Tech, I greatly respect your schools legacy, and you've added a lot to U.P. hockey lore, we both hate that scummy school in Marquette lol....I will greatly acknowledge your school's superior standing in the academic community as long as you guys will acknowledge that LSSU is clearly the hot spot for attractive women in the yoop

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
            My brother is a Tech product who lives in Alaska and he says its always a special function when Tech comes to town for the alumni (at least in Anchorage). So I am urging the Tech players to get ready for Alaska. Get excited for the mountains and the wonderful sights and sounds of the Last Frontier. Look forward to the long, fun road trip. Look forward to bonding with your brothers. You will get to see McKinley . . . eat moose sausage . . . . mingle with passionate alumni. You might even see a few girls (which are in frightenly short supply at Houghton). Yes -- look forward to all the girls you can see in Alaska.

But don't worry about LSSU. Nah . . . little old LSSU? No need to prep for this series. Relax. A once-in-a-lifetime journey to the Final Frontier awaits!
            Another Tech alum who found his way here. And I'd be lying if I said my time at Tech didn't contribute to the decision. Long, brutal winters, isolated, a few amenities short sometimes, no women...hmmm, nothing I haven't handled before.

Totally worth it. The scenery is beyond belief. It's my favorite time of year right now, the winter when the sky turns all kinds of pretty colors and the sunset reflects off the snow and mountains. It's like living on another planet. I get to pretend I'm Ensign Twitch.

And it's Last Frontier. Getting to the Final Frontier involves dilithium crystals, which are sadly in short supply here. **** Romulans.

And we just found out we're getting four Krispy Kremes in Anchorage, so suck on that.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

After seeing Tech in person last week, I left pretty impressed. I don't know if it just came together, or they were really playing that great of competition earlier (or maybe MSU is just that terrible, and they did look terrible). If Tech keeps up the play from last week, I think they come away with 3 points or better. Lake State has some pretty solid D and goaltending, but Tech's goaltending has been pretty good lately as it seems like Copley is starting to find his groove. Tech brings more scoring to the table, on paper, but LSSU has found enough to get by....so I don't know there.

I'm thinking that Tech gets a win Friday night, but doesn't get the sweep on Saturday, and settles for a tie. I think both games will be close 1 or 2 goal games.

As for the Alaska trip....I expect at least 6 points.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Last conference games between MTU and LSSU was February 24-25, 1984. The Lakers won 2-1 and 6-3. As for this weekend, I think it will be a split.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  As for the Alaska trip....I expect at least 6 points.
                  You might not get them. UAA is looking frisky this year. They have wins over Quinnipiac, Air Force, and Denver already. Their power play is much improved, and they're quite fond of turning on the jets in the 3rd period and stealing games. UA_ is no slouch either.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                  X