PDA

View Full Version : SCSU @ UAH: Nic Dowd singing Lynyrd Skynyrd week

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

The Exiled One
11-11-2013, 09:59 AM
I imagine this thread will be nothing more than a combination of Gophers trolling and Huskies circle jerking. Have at thee!

The Boomer
11-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Always entertaining chatting with the gopher folks . . . ;)

Games against weaker teams that should be "easy" wins, seldom are. SCSU fans should start a prediction thing on the line combos and defensive pairings for this weekend.

Charlie Lindgren will see one of the games. I would have Faragher play one of them to stay sharp. Milan has earned a place in the lineup for the time being with his play (AND GOAL) against Miami.

Lets hope this will be a great weekend for Nic Dowd. Reliable word from Huntsville has at least 80-100 friends and family of Mr. Dowd will be there. Alabama fans need to know that their "favorite son" Nic Dowd has impressed SCSU fans not only with his hockey skills, but is a great representative of SCSU, college hockey in particular, and is a great leader and captain. You can be very proud of #26!!

Hey! "Proud of Dowd." Or, "Prowd of Dowd" [Note to Dogg Pound: Sign idea here]

GopherFan89
11-11-2013, 07:00 PM
A sweep this weekend should really rocket the Huskies up the Pairwise ladder.

Get it...? Because you're playing such a tough opponent.

UAHStatman
11-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I just want our boys to do their best. Go Chargers!

Geof Morris is writing an article about Nic Dowd (we got some quotes from him) for uahhockey.com that will post this week. I'm glad he's been able to represent the city so well.

Side note: Polls mean squat, of course, but at No. 3, St. Cloud State will be the highest-ranked Division I team ever to visit Huntsville.

Tipsy McStagger
11-11-2013, 08:18 PM
So what are UAH's thoughts on their program and this year's team? I know being accepted as a member of the WCHA was a necessity for continuing as a D-I program, but do you see any improvement from last year's team because of that new affiliation?

Dude Love
11-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Just make sure you bring all y'all's attractive cousins to the rink, yo. :)

Lady wore Black
11-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Just make sure you bring all y'all's attractive cousins to the rink, yo. :)

You know their cousins have dibs on them. ;)

UAHStatman
11-12-2013, 11:14 AM
So what are UAH's thoughts on their program and this year's team? I know being accepted as a member of the WCHA was a necessity for continuing as a D-I program, but do you see any improvement from last year's team because of that new affiliation?

It'll be hard to say. The schedule is obviously tougher than last year, and we've got 11 freshmen on the roster, many of whom are getting ample playing time. Half of the losses have been routs and indicative of a very young team. The other half have been close and indicative of a young team that can compete at this level.

We're just trying to see improvement over the course of the season, and hopefully steal a few wins here and there. But as for our record, we can really only track improvement over the next few seasons, when these now-freshmen have experience, Coach Corbett's system is fully in place, and the recruiting that we are finally able to do takes hold (we have three commitments for next season and one for two years away -- that very rarely happens if at all here).

So yes, the new affiliation is helping, even if it doesn't show up in this year's record.

Dude Love
11-13-2013, 02:05 AM

Darn hoarders.

scsutommyboy
11-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Can these games be seen on a internet feed some place?

hockeykrazy
11-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Can these games be seen on a internet feed some place?

America One

http://www.americaonesports.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=wcha

UAHStatman
11-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Here's that Nic Dowd piece Geof wrote:
http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/11/14/nic-dowd/

GopherFan89
11-14-2013, 11:59 AM

Isn't Stearns County the incest capital of the US? Something about a kettle and calling something black.

Lady wore Black
11-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Isn't Stearns County the incest capital of the US? Something about a kettle and calling something black.

I lived in Benton County at one point and I am not from St. Cloud area or Minnesota. You like/live in St. Cloud. Does that mean you are married to your sister and/or cousin? :p

Tipsy McStagger
11-14-2013, 01:10 PM
I lived in Benton County at one point and I am not from St. Cloud area or Minnesota. You like/live in St. Cloud. Does that mean you are married to your sister and/or cousin? :p

Yeah, isn't the place GopherFan89 is from (and continues to live in) the incest capital of the US? Something about living in a glass house and throwing stones.

GopherFan89
11-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Yeah, isn't the place GopherFan89 is from (and continues to live in) the incest capital of the US? Something about living in a glass house and throwing stones.

No I grew up in Saint Cloud and Apple Valley. Neither of my parents were from there. Left for school. Now I live in the southeastern part of the country.

The difference here is that I left as soon as I could, I didn't build a college there.

Glad you're interested in my life though! :)

Lady wore Black
11-14-2013, 01:21 PM
No I grew up in Saint Cloud and Apple Valley. Neither of my parents were from there. Left for school. Now I live in the southeastern part of the country.

The difference here is that I left as soon as I could, I didn't build a college there.

You know you just made yourself look worse admitting you live in the "southeastern part of the country" in addition to growing up in St. Cloud. Wait...so you are married to your cousin! Ha! :D:p

Tipsy McStagger
11-14-2013, 01:37 PM

You were still there longer than most SCSU fans. You were there for over a decade, most SCSU fans were there for 4 or 5 years. So it is more of an insult to you than us.

gopher wes
11-14-2013, 01:42 PM
You were still there longer than most SCSU fans. You were there for over a decade, most SCSU fans were there for 4 or 5 years. So it is more of an insult to you than us.
First of all, I just want to say I have no idea why I am even in this thread.

But in defense of GF89, he was born/raised there which was not really his call. You folks CHOSE to go there. :p;)

Tipsy McStagger
11-14-2013, 02:26 PM
First of all, I just want to say I have no idea why I am even in this thread.

But in defense of GF89, he was born/raised there which was not really his call. You folks CHOSE to go there. :p;)
First of all, I just want to say that everyone else knows why you are in this thread. It is because Gophers fans are trolls.

But he
A. brought it up
B. was raised in Stearns County with family members, which would make him a prime candidate for incest (according to GopherFan89). SCSU students went there on their own, away from their families making it nearly impossible to commit incest in Stearns County. It's almost as if he pointed the finger directly at himself. Anything you want to get off your chest, GopherFan89?

You Gopher fans can't match wits with us. Give up.