SCSU @ UAH: Nic Dowd singing Lynyrd Skynyrd week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ UAH: Nic Dowd singing Lynyrd Skynyrd week

I imagine this thread will be nothing more than a combination of Gophers trolling and Huskies circle jerking. Have at thee!
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Re: SCSU @ UAH: Nic Dowd singing Lynyrd Skynyrd week

Always entertaining chatting with the gopher folks . . .

Games against weaker teams that should be "easy" wins, seldom are. SCSU fans should start a prediction thing on the line combos and defensive pairings for this weekend.

Charlie Lindgren will see one of the games. I would have Faragher play one of them to stay sharp. Milan has earned a place in the lineup for the time being with his play (AND GOAL) against Miami.

Lets hope this will be a great weekend for Nic Dowd. Reliable word from Huntsville has at least 80-100 friends and family of Mr. Dowd will be there. Alabama fans need to know that their "favorite son" Nic Dowd has impressed SCSU fans not only with his hockey skills, but is a great representative of SCSU, college hockey in particular, and is a great leader and captain. You can be very proud of #26!!

Hey! "Proud of Dowd." Or, "Prowd of Dowd" [Note to Dogg Pound: Sign idea here]

Comment

A sweep this weekend should really rocket the Huskies up the Pairwise ladder.

Get it...? Because you're playing such a tough opponent.

Comment

I just want our boys to do their best. Go Chargers!

Geof Morris is writing an article about Nic Dowd (we got some quotes from him) for uahhockey.com that will post this week. I'm glad he's been able to represent the city so well.

Side note: Polls mean squat, of course, but at No. 3, St. Cloud State will be the highest-ranked Division I team ever to visit Huntsville.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

So what are UAH's thoughts on their program and this year's team? I know being accepted as a member of the WCHA was a necessity for continuing as a D-I program, but do you see any improvement from last year's team because of that new affiliation?
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Just make sure you bring all y'all's attractive cousins to the rink, yo.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Just make sure you bring all y'all's attractive cousins to the rink, yo.
              You know their cousins have dibs on them.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                So what are UAH's thoughts on their program and this year's team? I know being accepted as a member of the WCHA was a necessity for continuing as a D-I program, but do you see any improvement from last year's team because of that new affiliation?
                It'll be hard to say. The schedule is obviously tougher than last year, and we've got 11 freshmen on the roster, many of whom are getting ample playing time. Half of the losses have been routs and indicative of a very young team. The other half have been close and indicative of a young team that can compete at this level.

We're just trying to see improvement over the course of the season, and hopefully steal a few wins here and there. But as for our record, we can really only track improvement over the next few seasons, when these now-freshmen have experience, Coach Corbett's system is fully in place, and the recruiting that we are finally able to do takes hold (we have three commitments for next season and one for two years away -- that very rarely happens if at all here).

So yes, the new affiliation is helping, even if it doesn't show up in this year's record.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                  Darn hoarders.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Can these games be seen on a internet feed some place?
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      Can these games be seen on a internet feed some place?
                      America One

http://www.americaonesports.com/upco...q=v&value=wcha

Comment

Here's that Nic Dowd piece Geof wrote:
                        http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/11/14/nic-dowd/
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Isn't Stearns County the incest capital of the US? Something about a kettle and calling something black.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                            Isn't Stearns County the incest capital of the US? Something about a kettle and calling something black.
                            I lived in Benton County at one point and I am not from St. Cloud area or Minnesota. You like/live in St. Cloud. Does that mean you are married to your sister and/or cousin?
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I lived in Benton County at one point and I am not from St. Cloud area or Minnesota. You like/live in St. Cloud. Does that mean you are married to your sister and/or cousin?
                              Yeah, isn't the place GopherFan89 is from (and continues to live in) the incest capital of the US? Something about living in a glass house and throwing stones.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                              X