Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Mankato State of Minnesota : 11/15 & 11/16

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Oh, we'll play hard, I have no doubt about that. We played with an incredible amount of effort Saturday againt BGSU, and as noted, getting up for the Gophers is not a problem for us. My earlier comment where I questioned whether we'd be competitive is because we will play hard, but we haven't been playing well. For all of our effort Saturday, we got killed on faceoffs, couldn't get the puck out of our own end for most of the 3rd period, got outshot, and almost none of our shots were Grade A-type chances.
    Effort alone isn't gonna beat the #1 team in the country on their ice.
    Exactly. This is a team that, from my point of view, has been extremely undisciplined to this point. I'm very confident that will turn around and will turn around soon. Losing little battles, taking dumb penalties and giving up odd man rushes are killing this team right now. From a defensive standpoint, there isn't a standout leader and it's showing. We know McInnis is going to lead and show up on offense, but we need a guy that calms everyone down on the ice when the opposition has our guys on their heals. We had it with Ehlbrecht the last two years and don't have anyone that's been the calming influence yet this year.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Bleepity, bleep. I suck at the interwebs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
        Exactly. This is a team that, from my point of view, has been extremely undisciplined to this point. I'm very confident that will turn around and will turn around soon. Losing little battles, taking dumb penalties and giving up odd man rushes are killing this team right now. From a defensive standpoint, there isn't a standout leader and it's showing. We know McInnis is going to lead and show up on offense, but we need a guy that calms everyone down on the ice when the opposition has our guys on their heals. We had it with Ehlbrecht the last two years and don't have anyone that's been the calming influence yet this year.
        Oh, and we miss Zach Lehrke so badly on our PP. It's tough to replace a guy who you were expecting to count on like that as well.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Some gopher teams play down to their competition. This one not
          ...yet.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Bring back the Shack Attack.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Is this going to be a typical Kato team where if they get down early, they just turn dirty?
              I suspect not. Didn't really see that last year, and Hastings definitely doesn't strike me as the type that puts up with that kind of BS.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                Oh, we'll play hard, I have no doubt about that. We played with an incredible amount of effort Saturday againt BGSU, and as noted, getting up for the Gophers is not a problem for us. My earlier comment where I questioned whether we'd be competitive is because we will play hard, but we haven't been playing well. For all of our effort Saturday, we got killed on faceoffs, couldn't get the puck out of our own end for most of the 3rd period, got outshot, and almost none of our shots were Grade A-type chances.
                Effort alone isn't gonna beat the #1 team in the country on their ice.
                I beg your pardon?
                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  Yeah that was when Mankato had Corky coaching them, they were pretty much hacks.

Schack got a few nice ones in there though... but he was no DeMarchi.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    Yeah that was when Mankato had Corky coaching them, they were pretty much hacks.

Schack got a few nice ones in there though... but he was no DeMarchi.
                    Ironic that you call Kato hacks, but praise Shack for being a hack.....

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      I don't even think that is the best Schack Diesel/Kato moment....

I am partial to this one myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFx...jM67Q&index=87

EDIT: Not proud of it, Bale. Just think this one is a better moment than the one Harley posted. Other than the fact that Schack always defended his teammates, nothing to praise him for there.
                      Last edited by gopher wes; 11-12-2013, 10:20 AM.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

No it's not.

Schack stood up for his teammate who had just taken a blatant cheap shot, there is a difference.

Just take off the Corky colored glasses.

Comment

I, for one, will not defend Shack. He did stand up for teammates, but he also executed some cheap shots and took some real stupid penalties. I don't miss him.

Comment

Non-hack related question - I have DirecTV, and can't find the games listed. Wild are on FSN on Friday, Wolves on Saturday. I assume they'll be on FSN+, but that gets moved around on DirecTV. Anyone have any info?

Comment

Correct it is on FSN+, not sure the channel yet, but it will "pop up" Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                                I don't even think that is the best Schack Diesel/Kato moment....

I am partial to this one myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFx...jM67Q&index=87

EDIT: Not proud of it, Bale. Just think this one is a better moment than the one Harley posted. Other than the fact that Schack always defended his teammates, nothing to praise him for there.
                                The one that you posted actually bugs. I can handle the defending the teammates aspect, that one was pure bush league. What you couldn't see on TV was that he skated from the center ice circle to the left faceoff circle and jumped on a guy's back near the boards and broke his ankle. It was about as goonish as you can possibly get.

Comment

Working...
                                X