Castleton State College Hockey 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castleton State College Hockey 2013-2014

Castleton is off to a good start after losing a lot of their star players. They seem to have been under rated before they season started, but it should be interesting to see where they go from here. Staying out of the sin bin will also help after seeing previous seasons of playing a guy down.

Re: Castleton State College Hockey 2013-2014

Coach Moffat will bring disciplined hockey to Castleton. Players will find out really quick what happens to their playing time of they don't pay with discipline. It won't matter if your the top player or a role payer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
      Coach Moffat will bring disciplined hockey to Castleton. Players will find out really quick what happens to their playing time of they don't pay with discipline. It won't matter if your the top player or a role payer.
      I think that is what it will take to make Castleton into a consistent contender. If that message gets across, it just helps all of the ECAC East.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The ECAC East is looking like a very good league this year I think. With Norwich maybe not quite where it's been the past four years and UMass Boston, NEC, Babson and Castleton all looking strong early, WATCH OUT!!
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          The ECAC East is looking like a very good league this year I think. With Norwich maybe not quite where it's been the past four years and UMass Boston, NEC, Babson and Castleton all looking strong early, WATCH OUT!!
          From my video surfing yesterday PM, I still see Babo as the number one challenger to NU. Since the only teams that have played an easier schedule than NU this season are the NESCACs , it will take a spot of time to see where the Cadets fit into all this. I think they are going to continue their string of reg season titles, but it won't be as easy a ride as it has been. Wish CSC had their game up on the web yesterday. I would have watched it. I'm really interested in seeing how the Spartans will change Post-Todd

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            On Saturday I watched Castleton beat UNE in a close game in Rutland. Castleton showed a lot of hustle and was playing the same forechecking system as Plattsburgh. #9 Bart Moran from Calgary looked like an excellent recruit and a number of other freshmen played and looked good. Castleton seemed like a team in transition but the d looked like it needed more work. Norwich plays UNE and SM this weekend and UNE looks like they have improved and SM beat Skidmore. From what I have seen and read so far it looks like the ECAC E is going to be competitive this year. Just my opinion but it looks like the overall quality of the ECAC E is improving.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

There was an extensive article in the Barre/Montpelier Times Argus Sunday (protected story) about the Norwich/Castleton game. There were a number of quotes by CSC Coach Steve Moffat, but after an up and down year I was very impressed by this one quote: We had great leadership from the seniors. They've led this team from Day One and I can't say enough about the good things they are going, Moffat said. I m really proud of the whole team.

I don't know what he did after calling the time out in the second period but Castleton picked up its play from there on out and gave Norwich a very competitive game. Overall I was very impressed by Moffat's takeover of the Castleton
              program which is good for keeping the ECAC E strong. I don't know him personally but it would be interesting to hear him talk about comparing the Suny to the ECAC East. I would think he would like less travel for one thing.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                They've led this team from Day One and I can't say enough about the good things they are going, Moffat said. I m really proud of the whole team.

Overall I was very impressed by Moffat's takeover of the Castleton program which is good for keeping the ECAC E strong. .
                For once I can agree with hawk. I think that the change in attitude in the Castleton team was clear in the way that they approached their games with NU. I think the fact that Moffat got his "apprenticeship" with Emery, served him and Castleton very well. Rivalry with respect is one thing that really gives college hockey a flavor that you often don't find in other sports at other levels.

Comment

Working...
                X