PDA

View Full Version : Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

First Time, Long Time
11-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Miami comes in this week, maybe lookg for some revenge after SCSU knocked them out to go to the Frozen Four.
SCSU is looking to continue their nice start and pick up a home sweep before heading to UAH.
I think this could be a good rivalry, but I don't think it will have much in the way of fan animosity.

Tipsy McStagger
11-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Miami comes in this week, maybe lookg for some revenge after SCSU knocked them out to go to the Frozen Four.
SCSU is looking to continue their nice start and pick up a home sweep before heading to UAH.
I think this could be a good rivalry, but I don't think it will have much in the way of fan animosity.
I am willing to throw things at, verbally accost or otherwise abuse Miami fans on Saturday night if that would help get the animosity going.

gopher wes
11-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I am willing to throw things at, verbally accost or otherwise abuse Miami fans on Saturday night if that would help get the animosity going.
Just ask some Miami fans to tell Tipsy that SCSU is not for real and overrated. That will draw some animosity, I'm sure.;)

The Exiled One
11-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Just ask some Miami fans to tell Tipsy that SCSU is not for real and overrated. That will draw some animosity, I'm sure.;)
Miami is overrated. They couldn't even sweep a weak team like UND in Oxford!

Husckey Domi Nation
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM

I agree. Last time I watched St. Cloud defeat Miami, a guy asked me if the logo on my sweater referred to "Chicago State."

Does GopherFan89 troll this thread?

I predict SCSU gets a win and tie this weekend (but lose SO due to Miami's high-end forwards).

MUhawks628
11-04-2013, 05:14 PM

SCSU is not for real and overrated.

(Am i doing it right?)

burd
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM

First you guys should put together a social media campaign explaining to Miami fans where SCSU is and what relation it has to college hockey. Tell them about your history-making NCAA win last year and your Ole' goal song.

Slap Shot
11-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Tell them about your history-making NCAA win last year and your Ole' goal song.

Is that a rip as in, "You're no more memorable than MSUM" or do they really also use the Ole' song? ;)

mcfarljd
11-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Blizzard could kick Swoops *** so can't hate on that, but I'm sure it will build over time. Especially after Toledo. Scalp the huskies!

Lady wore Black
11-04-2013, 05:56 PM

(Am i doing it right?)

Close enough. :D

MinnesotaNorthStar
11-04-2013, 05:57 PM

(Am i doing it right?)
No. Sit back, relax, and watch them fight amongst themselves.....and GopherFan89.....whenever s/he bothers to show up.

burd
11-04-2013, 06:06 PM

We barbarians have found that dead mascot on ice is always a good rivalry enhancer.

First Time, Long Time
11-04-2013, 06:21 PM
No. Sit back, relax, and watch them fight amongst themselves.....and GopherFan89.....whenever s/he bothers to show up.

Or wait and watch Gopher and UND fans take over the thread, like usual.

Tipsy McStagger
11-04-2013, 09:19 PM
First you guys should put together a social media campaign explaining to Miami fans where SCSU is and what relation it has to college hockey. Tell them about your history-making NCAA win last year and your Ole' goal song.
I am thinking they are familiar with us after last spring.

Wisko McBadgerton
11-05-2013, 06:22 AM

Helpful suggestion as usual burd. See I was hoping this series was in Florida, but I see Miami is on the road to... umm... Wyoming? New Mexico?? :confused:

Stauber1
11-05-2013, 08:58 AM

(Am i doing it right?)

You rookie.

I'd probably ask how many riding-mower DWIs have been issued in Stearns County since the start of the season and inquire if everyone will be showing off their new hand-me-down Arctic Cat jackets at the games this weekend.

I'd also try to get a general consensus from the fans as to how they feel about the schedule: is the opportunity to get beat by the Gophers at Xcel enough, or would they have been better off getting beat by the Gophers twice at home like Bemidji?

;)

gopher wes
11-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Or wait and watch Gopher and UND fans take over the thread, like usual.
Looks like you added a BADger fan this morning as well.... ;)

MUhawks628
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
You rookie.

I'd probably ask how many riding-mower DWIs have been issued in Stearns County since the start of the season and inquire if everyone will be showing off their new hand-me-down Arctic Cat jackets at the games this weekend.

I'd also try to get a general consensus from the fans as to how they feel about the schedule: is the opportunity to get beat by the Gophers at Xcel enough, or would they have been better off getting beat by the Gophers twice at home like Bemidji?

;)

Had to Google...people wear those...in public?

hockeykrazy
11-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Had to Google...people wear those...in public?

Don't you know, snowstorm coming in tonight. We have to wear those to get to the game. We also add a little black grease to our faces so we aren't recognized by our friends on the kiss cam.

BTW, do you recommend hunting redhawks with a 10 or a 12 guage? Whare do you find them in your neck of o-HIGH-O? I've never seen one around here.

Looked it up on wiki and it says the redhawk is related to the "Chickenhawk".

MUhawks628
11-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Don't you know, snowstorm coming in tonight. We have to wear those to get to the game. We also add a little black grease to our faces so we aren't recognized by our friends on the kiss cam.

BTW, do you recommend hunting redhawks with a 10 or a 12 guage? Whare do you find them in your neck of o-HIGH-O? I've never seen one around here.

Looked it up on wiki and it says the redhawk is related to the "Chickenhawk".

Oh no no no, we need some OSU and BG posters in here to get you guys up to speed on the Miami stereotypes. Asking questions about guns, hunting or the outdoors in general doesn't jive :)