Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Miami comes in this week, maybe lookg for some revenge after SCSU knocked them out to go to the Frozen Four.
    SCSU is looking to continue their nice start and pick up a home sweep before heading to UAH.
    I think this could be a good rivalry, but I don't think it will have much in the way of fan animosity.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Miami comes in this week, maybe lookg for some revenge after SCSU knocked them out to go to the Frozen Four.
    SCSU is looking to continue their nice start and pick up a home sweep before heading to UAH.
    I think this could be a good rivalry, but I don't think it will have much in the way of fan animosity.
    I am willing to throw things at, verbally accost or otherwise abuse Miami fans on Saturday night if that would help get the animosity going.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      I am willing to throw things at, verbally accost or otherwise abuse Miami fans on Saturday night if that would help get the animosity going.
      Just ask some Miami fans to tell Tipsy that SCSU is not for real and overrated. That will draw some animosity, I'm sure.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        Just ask some Miami fans to tell Tipsy that SCSU is not for real and overrated. That will draw some animosity, I'm sure.
        Miami is overrated. They couldn't even sweep a weak team like UND in Oxford!
        scsuhockey.com
        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

I agree. Last time I watched St. Cloud defeat Miami, a guy asked me if the logo on my sweater referred to "Chicago State."

Does GopherFan89 troll this thread?

I predict SCSU gets a win and tie this weekend (but lose SO due to Miami's high-end forwards).

Comment

SCSU is not for real and overrated.

(Am i doing it right?)

Comment

First you guys should put together a social media campaign explaining to Miami fans where SCSU is and what relation it has to college hockey. Tell them about your history-making NCAA win last year and your Ole' goal song.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Tell them about your history-making NCAA win last year and your Ole' goal song.
                Is that a rip as in, "You're no more memorable than MSUM" or do they really also use the Ole' song?

Comment

Blizzard could kick Swoops *** so can't hate on that, but I'm sure it will build over time. Especially after Toledo. Scalp the huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post

(Am i doing it right?)
                    Close enough.
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post

(Am i doing it right?)
                      No. Sit back, relax, and watch them fight amongst themselves.....and GopherFan89.....whenever s/he bothers to show up.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

We barbarians have found that dead mascot on ice is always a good rivalry enhancer.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          No. Sit back, relax, and watch them fight amongst themselves.....and GopherFan89.....whenever s/he bothers to show up.
                          Or wait and watch Gopher and UND fans take over the thread, like usual.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

First you guys should put together a social media campaign explaining to Miami fans where SCSU is and what relation it has to college hockey. Tell them about your history-making NCAA win last year and your Ole' goal song.
                            I am thinking they are familiar with us after last spring.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Helpful suggestion as usual burd. See I was hoping this series was in Florida, but I see Miami is on the road to... umm... Wyoming? New Mexico??
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                              X