WIAC Women 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIAC Women 13-14

Well the WIAC women got off to a good start going 4-2-1 this weekend. If the pool B is not in play, I would think the WIAC would need to go undefeated in non-conference play to have a shot at getting a Pool C spot. With River Falls losing to Bethel and Eau Claire giving up 3 points to CSS, we are already behind.

A few observations from this weekend....

Is there goalie trouble in River Falls?
    I think I expected this after last year. Kuechle wasn't exactly stellar last year in net when she was given the chance to play. Cranston went with a sophomore goalie in both starts this weekend. Was he just giving a young player a chance to start in a game he thought they should win, or is she the starting goalie for the year? Bethel has been good the past few years, but you would have expected River Falls to beat them.

Superior is good
    Superior should have a pretty solid year. They return most of their offensive firepower from last year and a strong goalie in Peters. Interestingly Laughlin played with the goalie position on Saturday giving each goalie a period to play. I'm just worried about the offense struggling/power play woes that have plagued the 'Jackets the past few years. Superior's matchup with Gustavus next weekend will be huge. Can they finally get over the hump and take out the Gusties in a series??

Where did Eau Claire's Players go??
    Eau Claire list 4 jr/sr's on their roster for this year....are we in rebuilding mode?? Granted there were only 8 sophomores/juniors on the roster last year, but to lose 50% of your upperclassmen is a sign of something...

My predictions at the final standings
    Superior
    River Falls
    Stevens Point
    Eau Claire
    Last edited by gojackets; 11-04-2013, 12:42 PM.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: WIAC Women 13-14

Nice weekend for the yellowjackets although some might call it oh what was thatword again a puzzeling win against gustavus there was nothing surprising about it superior was the better team.Last year inconsistent play killed this team,i think this team has a little different makeup to it and seems to have more balance to the lineup and we seem to be seeing a more balanced approach as far as rolling lines out there also,really like what i have seen out of this squad so far its early hopefully no let down this up coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by timbitskid View Post
      Nice weekend for the yellowjackets although some might call it oh what was thatword again a puzzeling win against gustavus there was nothing surprising about it superior was the better team.Last year inconsistent play killed this team,i think this team has a little different makeup to it and seems to have more balance to the lineup and we seem to be seeing a more balanced approach as far as rolling lines out there also,really like what i have seen out of this squad so far its early hopefully no let down this up coming weekend.
      A little punctuation goes a long ways buddy!

I'm not liking the 3 for 16 on power play...it seems like the power play has been Superiors weakest point over the past few years.
      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Sorry professor i was in a hurry.It's early, we will see how the pp comes along.Oh,for you smartest guy in the room types.pp-power play.Punctuate that!

Comment

Its strange seeing 2 games in the conference match-up weekend.

The Eau Claire/Superior series should be easily won by Superior. Eau Claire doesn't seem to have much to work with despite their early tie to St. Scholastica.

River Falls/Stevens Point is an interesting match-up. Will the goalie woes for River Falls show up again? I think River Falls wins these both, but I could see a split here.
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Well for a 4 team conference this could be interesting with the results of this past weekend.This weekends matchup with uws and uwsp will be very interesting to see how that shakes out,can uwsp gaoltender stay on a roll?can this superior team handle some success and keep playing a team game?Some concerning signs with superior Friday night,little selfish play seeping in and getting a little caught up in trying to match up with EC for some reason,this team is at its best when everyone's rolling and in the game not when were seeing 5 min shifts.Better Saturday hopefully fri was a mirage not a trend.Powerplay absolutely brutal.Can EC steal one from uwrf?I think they could.

Comment

I guess Stevens Point has video for tonight!

http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/uwsp.portal#

I will get to watch it to since my high schools football game got delayed because it is raining...only in Arizona
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
              X