Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (10/8, 10/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (10/8, 10/9)

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    FRIDAY’S OFFICIALS: The referees for Friday’s game against Cornell are Harry Dumas and Bob Ritchie ... The linesmen are Leo Boylan and Dan Taggart.
    SATURDAY’S STRIPES: Officiating the game on Saturday are Kevin Curtis and Harry Dumas (referees) and Bill Bredin and David Brown......http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...ME.pdf?id=1684
    Thanks Turk-we have only seen Dumas a few times down here at Princeton-some times he has been mediocre and sometimes downright awful. One thing for certain-he has consistently missed calls and consistently made questionable calls. In virtually every game though, he has done something that makes you notice him and has affected the outcome of the game. This may turn out to be a special teams weekend-just have to hope we are prepared.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Thanks Turk-we have only seen Dumas a few times down here at Princeton-some times he has been mediocre and sometimes downright awful. One thing for certain-he has consistently missed calls and consistently made questionable calls. In virtually every game though, he has done something that makes you notice him and has affected the outcome of the game. This may turn out to be a special teams weekend-just have to hope we are prepared.
      Dumas was the one that worked the BU game with Hicks that involved a bunch of fights. The most recent one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Dumas was the one that worked the BU game with Hicks that involved a bunch of fights. The most recent one.
        Personally I do not yet have enough experience with him as an official-but I have mentioned that he has made some poor decisions in games and I do remember him down here at Princeton for an RPI game where his calls affected the outcome.

Comment

Ed Weaver's game-day article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...air-of-nemesis.

OK, what is the plural of nemesis? It's either nemeses or nemesises, probably the former because my spellchecker likes it, but certainly not nemesis.

Sophomore right winger Milos Bubela (1-3-4) may miss the weekend action with an undisclosed lower-body injury and sophomore RW/LW Travis Fulton (2-6-8 last season) will likely still be out with a head injury.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Ed Weaver's game-day article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...air-of-nemesis.

OK, what is the plural of nemesis? It's either nemeses or nemesises, probably the former because my spellchecker likes it, but certainly not nemesis.

Based upon the spell checker for this application alone, nemeses.

Comment

Did we know that Bubela has a lower body injury? I had figured that he was benched.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I believe that each and every year Cornell leads the ECAC in pure hockey talent and that usually translates into great teams. Last year Cornell lead the nation in one category, penalty minutes (17.79). Unbelievable as it seems, this year they are spending more time in the penalty box than last year (almost 20 minutes) but are only ranked 5th in that category. That is a 12.5 minute differential to RPI's current numbers this year (7.5). Mitigating that is Andy Iles, their great goalie who is better than his numbers (2.38 last year) because his team plays so much with man down. When you are man up, don't get blocked out and screen your shots. Go to the goal.

Penalty Minutes

2013-2014 (thus far)
                #5. Cornell 20 minutes
                #47. Union 10 minutes
                #58. RPI 7.5 minutes

2012-2013
                #1. Cornell 17.97
                #33. Union 12.49
                #44. RPI 11.24

Don't be intimidated by Cornell's size. They are by some accounts the tallest and second heaviest team in College Hockey. But they were tall and talented two years ago when you defeated them (2-1) in Ithaca in the last game of the season (02/25/12) allowing us to win the ECAC regular season. By the way, thank you again.

You are going to win today 4 - 2 and three of your goals are going to be scored on power plays.
                Last edited by Dutchman; 11-08-2013, 07:08 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I agree....Speed kills those big trees !
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Did we know that Bubela has a lower body injury? I had figured that he was benched.
                    I would have thought the same thing, too. In the Harvard game I saw, he didn't play too well at all, and really hasn't clicked with Diesel this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      I believe that each and every year Cornell leads the ECAC in pure hockey talent and that usually translates into great teams. Last year Cornell lead the nation in one category, penalty minutes (17.79). Unbelievable as it seems, this year they are spending more time in the penalty box than last year (almost 20 minutes) but are only ranked 5th in that category. That is a 12.5 minute differential to RPI's current numbers this year (7.5). Mitigating that is Andy Iles, their great goalie who is better than his numbers (2.38 last year) because his team plays so much with man down. When you are man up, don't get blocked out and screen your shots. Go to the goal.

Penalty Minutes

2013-2014 (thus far)
                      #5. Cornell 20 minutes
                      #47. Union 10 minutes
                      #58. RPI 7.5 minutes

2012-2013
                      #1. Cornell 17.97
                      #33. Union 12.49
                      #44. RPI 11.24

Last year's totals were a little misleading. We definitely had problems with penalties -- particularly dumb penalties after the whistle showing lack of discipline -- but the numbers were also skewed by a two game series against Denver which wound up like a summer stock reenactment of Slap Shot (it resulted in Denver being the second-most penalized team in the country for most of the season). Usually when you think of a big team getting penalized you think of slow guys who get stuck behind the play and take impedance calls, but that wasn't last year's M.O.

This season we have very few results so we don't know whether the problems will be repeated. When we went into UNO the Mavs had already rolled up huge penalty totals and that continued to be a problem for both team in that series. (I'm starting to think that WCHA-cum-NCHC reffing is a little different from the ECAC standard.)

Agreed that we must stay out of the box this weekend against both Cap District teams. We do not want to be down for any length of time against teams with sharpshooters, as the Q result showed.

My heart says a 2-1 win at RPI; my head says a 3-2 loss.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 11-08-2013, 09:26 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        (I'm starting to think that WCHA-cum-NCHC reffing is a little different from the ECAC standard.)
                        It is. You don't get the benefit of the doubt every time.

Comment

And of the four teams involved in Friday night's action in the Capital District, the only one that comes away with a win is - Colgate, 5-3 over Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            And of the four teams involved in Friday night's action in the Capital District, the only one that comes away with a win is - Colgate, 5-3 over Union.
                            Surprising-but then again this is the ECAC and nothing goes according to plans. RPI had this one in their pocket tonight and let it slip into a tie. That's twice this year already and they need to learn how to play with the lead late and just clamp it down. Give Cornell credit though-they neve quit and have to feel really good about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post

Penalty Minutes

2013-2014 (thus far)
                              #5. Cornell 20 minutes
                              #47. Union 10 minutes
                              #58. RPI 7.5 minutes

2012-2013
                              #1. Cornell 17.97
                              #33. Union 12.49
                              #44. RPI 11.24

Don't be intimidated by Cornell's size. They are by some accounts the tallest and second heaviest team in College Hockey. But they were tall and talented two years ago when you defeated them (2-1) in Ithaca in the last game of the season (02/25/12) allowing us to win the ECAC regular season. By the way, thank you again.

You are going to win today 4 - 2 and three of your goals are going to be scored on power plays.
                              Wow, that's amazing. Can you give me the powerball numbers for the week?
                              Also can you predict the final score vs. Colgate tonight in Schenectady?

Comment

Working...
                              X