PDA

View Full Version : Merrimack Hockey 2013-14: Get excited, get frozen

Pages : [1] 2

Yuppie Scum
11-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Just got back from my first game at the newly renovated Lawler. As someone who was there in the wooden bench days, it continues to amaze me how how much they keep improving.

Would have liked to see a more dominating performance over Bentley, but a win's a win.

Dirt
11-04-2013, 10:47 AM
As a Mack season ticket holder I'm very impressed with the changes to Lawler. Love the pro shop/Dunkin Donuts, new restrooms and consession stands. I love the new tall glass at the ends!!! The only thing left is to change is replace the LED picture board with a video replay type board and I'd say renovation complete! :) Just wish it wasn't so cold in Lawler,

Yuppie Scum
11-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Caught this posted by a MC Alumni group on Facebook: "Warrior Fans in the Boston Area! Merrimack Hockey travels to Notre Dame November 15th to take on the Fighting Irish. Join fellow alumni at Stats Bar & Grille in South Boston to cheer on the Warriors! The puck drops @ 7, we look forward to seeing you there!"

RENCEB
11-08-2013, 08:25 PM
1-0 PC. MC shut out for the 3rd time in seven games. Out-shot the Friars, but gave up a shortie for the game-winner. Sigh.

RENCEB
11-15-2013, 09:05 PM
The frightening offensive ineptitude continues as the Warriors get shutout for the 4th time in 10 games, 4-0 to ND. I'd give my left nut for a return of Da Costa, Barton, Stringer, Porter, Vesey, Pion or any other former player who actually had an ounce of goal scoring skill. Absent Collins, this team has absolutely none.

UMLFan
11-15-2013, 09:24 PM
The frightening offensive ineptitude continues as the Warriors get shutout for the 4th time in 10 games, 4-0 to ND. I'd give my left nut for a return of Da Costa, Barton, Stringer, Porter, Vesey, Pion or any other former player who actually had an ounce of goal scoring skill. Absent Collins, this team has absolutely none.
Not sure what the injury to Collins was, but really hope it's not serious for Merrimack's sake.

Yuppie Scum
11-16-2013, 08:49 AM
According to the NBC broadcasters it was a shoulder injury. Hopefully not a season-ender. Shame too since that line had started to gel. The first period looked great, but need to play 3.

If ND can be the Fighting Irish, I don't see why we can't bring back the native american logo..

RENCEB
11-22-2013, 09:29 PM
The '13-'14 season sinks further into the abyss with a with a 5-2 loss to NU. Gotta be frustrating when you allow the Huskies 2 goals on 3 shots in the 1st period.....knowing that your offense can barely score. Time to try Ras in net for a couple in a row to see if he can make a difference.
Expected significantly more (something?) from Srs. Bly (11 games, 0-1-1) and Bates (11 games, 3 donuts, 0-0-0). Big disappointment from what should be your Sr. leadership. But hey, everybody makes the playoffs!

Yuppie Scum
11-23-2013, 07:36 AM
The '13-'14 season sinks further into the abyss with a with a 5-2 loss to NU. Gotta be frustrating when you allow the Huskies 2 goals on 3 shots in the 1st period.....knowing that your offense can barely score. Time to try Ras in net for a couple in a row to see if he can make a difference.
Expected significantly more (something?) from Srs. Bly (11 games, 0-1-1) and Bates (11 games, 3 donuts, 0-0-0). Big disappointment from what should be your Sr. leadership. But hey, everybody makes the playoffs!

The first goal was ticky-tack enough for the refs to review it for about 15 minutes (probably the longest play under review I've seen at a sporting event ever), so I'm not sure I would lay the blame for that on Marotta. But still a heartbreak to find yourself in a hole like that in the first period.

MCgrad07
11-26-2013, 08:20 AM
57th offense in the country, I remember 2 years and one day ago being number 1 in the country and beating Huntsville, my how have times have changed

Yuppie Scum
11-26-2013, 09:24 PM
57th offense in the country, I remember 2 years and one day ago being number 1 in the country and beating Huntsville, my how have times have changed

And we won't even have the suspense of the "Who's in, who's out" thread this year! Well, for seeding I suppose..

RENCEB
12-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Any word on Collins' status? Not season ending I hope.

RENCEB
12-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Nice win for the Warriors. BU up 2-1 after 2, but MC outshot the Terriers 13-3 in the 3rd with Mike Collins netting the GWG. Is there a single player who means more to their team than Collins does for Merrimack? Gaudreau is far and away the best player in the league, but BC is LOADED otherwise. Maybe Gillies for PC, but Collins really makes a significant impact for 'Mack.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-06-2013, 09:09 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2013/12/6/5184232/merrimack-wins-first-hockey-east-game-of-season-over-bu-mike-collins-brian-christie-rasmus-tirronen

MC's first Hockey East win of season

Yuppie Scum
12-06-2013, 09:37 PM
A big and unexpected win. I saw a team that actually wanted to win last night. Here's hoping we can enter the break with a winning weekend.

Shame to see that Bates is no longer on the roster, he was a big contributor on some of our better teams.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-07-2013, 01:28 AM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2013/12/6/5184642/merrimack-hockey-shawn-bates-kicked-off-team-hockey-east-mark-dennehy

Bates was constantly in Dennehy's dog house over the years, was a healthy scratch numerous times, too bad for MC as he had speed and some skill.

Yuppie Scum
12-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Very excited for Frozen Fenway on Saturday. As of right now it looks like the weather will cooperate. It's nice of MC to put on the pre-party in the Royal Rooters club as well.

warriors16
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Making the trek up for the game against PC tomorrow night. Anybody going to the Rooster Club at Fenway?

RENCEB
01-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Very excited for Frozen Fenway on Saturday. As of right now it looks like the weather will cooperate. It's nice of MC to put on the pre-party in the Royal Rooters club as well.I'll be there, as will at least a couple of my classmates ('78). Should be a fun atmosphere.....I know the BC fans are a bit jaded about it, but for us 1st timers, I think it is great!

sterlippo1
01-04-2014, 10:28 AM
I'll be there, as will at least a couple of my classmates ('78). Should be a fun atmosphere.....I know the BC fans are a bit jaded about it, but for us 1st timers, I think it is great!

yeah, we are but it's the third one in five years . It's great that they are getting everyone into the act but it's about freaking time if you ask me. Good luck tonight, I think you will need it