Merrimack Hockey 2013-14: Get excited, get frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack Hockey 2013-14: Get excited, get frozen

Just got back from my first game at the newly renovated Lawler. As someone who was there in the wooden bench days, it continues to amaze me how how much they keep improving.

Would have liked to see a more dominating performance over Bentley, but a win's a win.

Re: Merrimack Hockey 2013-14: Get excited, get frozen

As a Mack season ticket holder I'm very impressed with the changes to Lawler. Love the pro shop/Dunkin Donuts, new restrooms and consession stands. I love the new tall glass at the ends!!! The only thing left is to change is replace the LED picture board with a video replay type board and I'd say renovation complete! Just wish it wasn't so cold in Lawler,

Comment

Caught this posted by a MC Alumni group on Facebook: "Warrior Fans in the Boston Area! Merrimack Hockey travels to Notre Dame November 15th to take on the Fighting Irish. Join fellow alumni at Stats Bar & Grille in South Boston to cheer on the Warriors! The puck drops @ 7, we look forward to seeing you there!"

Comment

1-0 PC. MC shut out for the 3rd time in seven games. Out-shot the Friars, but gave up a shortie for the game-winner. Sigh.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The frightening offensive ineptitude continues as the Warriors get shutout for the 4th time in 10 games, 4-0 to ND. I'd give my left nut for a return of Da Costa, Barton, Stringer, Porter, Vesey, Pion or any other former player who actually had an ounce of goal scoring skill. Absent Collins, this team has absolutely none.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
            The frightening offensive ineptitude continues as the Warriors get shutout for the 4th time in 10 games, 4-0 to ND. I'd give my left nut for a return of Da Costa, Barton, Stringer, Porter, Vesey, Pion or any other former player who actually had an ounce of goal scoring skill. Absent Collins, this team has absolutely none.
            Not sure what the injury to Collins was, but really hope it's not serious for Merrimack's sake.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

According to the NBC broadcasters it was a shoulder injury. Hopefully not a season-ender. Shame too since that line had started to gel. The first period looked great, but need to play 3.

If ND can be the Fighting Irish, I don't see why we can't bring back the native american logo..

Comment

The '13-'14 season sinks further into the abyss with a with a 5-2 loss to NU. Gotta be frustrating when you allow the Huskies 2 goals on 3 shots in the 1st period.....knowing that your offense can barely score. Time to try Ras in net for a couple in a row to see if he can make a difference.
                Expected significantly more (something?) from Srs. Bly (11 games, 0-1-1) and Bates (11 games, 3 donuts, 0-0-0). Big disappointment from what should be your Sr. leadership. But hey, everybody makes the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                  The '13-'14 season sinks further into the abyss with a with a 5-2 loss to NU. Gotta be frustrating when you allow the Huskies 2 goals on 3 shots in the 1st period.....knowing that your offense can barely score. Time to try Ras in net for a couple in a row to see if he can make a difference.
                  Expected significantly more (something?) from Srs. Bly (11 games, 0-1-1) and Bates (11 games, 3 donuts, 0-0-0). Big disappointment from what should be your Sr. leadership. But hey, everybody makes the playoffs!
                  The first goal was ticky-tack enough for the refs to review it for about 15 minutes (probably the longest play under review I've seen at a sporting event ever), so I'm not sure I would lay the blame for that on Marotta. But still a heartbreak to find yourself in a hole like that in the first period.

Comment

57th offense in the country, I remember 2 years and one day ago being number 1 in the country and beating Huntsville, my how have times have changed
                    Rinks Visited
                    DCU Center
                    Tulley Forum
                    TD Garden
                    Tsongas Arena
                    J. Thom Lawler Arena
                    Conte Forum
                    Whittemore Center
                    Agganis Arena
                    Verizon Center
                    Gutterson Fieldhouse
                    Matthews Arena
                    Thompson Arena
                    Mullins Center
                    Alfond Arena
                    Schneider Arena
                    Magness Arena
                    Ingallas Arena
                    Hart Center
                    Prudential Center
                    TD Bank Sports Center
                    John A Ryan
                    Lynah Rink
                    Appleton Arena
                    Cheel Arena
                    Germain Arena
                    XL Center
                    Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                      57th offense in the country, I remember 2 years and one day ago being number 1 in the country and beating Huntsville, my how have times have changed
                      And we won't even have the suspense of the "Who's in, who's out" thread this year! Well, for seeding I suppose..

Comment

Any word on Collins' status? Not season ending I hope.

Comment

Nice win for the Warriors. BU up 2-1 after 2, but MC outshot the Terriers 13-3 in the 3rd with Mike Collins netting the GWG. Is there a single player who means more to their team than Collins does for Merrimack? Gaudreau is far and away the best player in the league, but BC is LOADED otherwise. Maybe Gillies for PC, but Collins really makes a significant impact for 'Mack.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...asmus-tirronen

MC's first Hockey East win of season
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

A big and unexpected win. I saw a team that actually wanted to win last night. Here's hoping we can enter the break with a winning weekend.

Shame to see that Bates is no longer on the roster, he was a big contributor on some of our better teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X