PDA

View Full Version : Lake Forest

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MW4Bucky&SNC
02-24-2014, 12:49 PM
not even a mention of the past weekend, is there no interest? Can't believe hockey is getting better on campus forcing JS to pay attention?
Watching from home it looked like there was a pretty good crowd at least.

Hammer
02-24-2014, 01:08 PM
I saw the mini game. Nice crowd, but that PBP crew....ugh.

joecct
02-24-2014, 01:30 PM
I saw the mini game. Nice crowd, but that PBP crew....ugh.It was entertainment.

Hammer
02-24-2014, 03:05 PM
It was mind-numbing.

Fixed.

daveo
02-24-2014, 05:12 PM
"not even a mention of the past weekend, is there no interest? Can't believe hockey is getting better on campus forcing JS to pay attention?"

Is that second sentence a question? I can't figure out what it's asking nor how to respond. I did share interest in the games. I tried to check in on the score when I could from the NCHA website. Once I got home I tried to watch the LF video feed. I managed to catch it in between the game and the mini game. But once it started back up I couldn't believe how annoying the play by play call was. Every single time LF got the puck anywhere near the goal he erupted in this atrocious, squeaky, unintelligible screaming of the play. It was so hard to watch. But I did. Thankfully I won't have to anymore as I will be at the game in Ashwaubenon on Saturday.

Hammer
02-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Is that second sentence a question? I can't figure out what it's asking nor how to respond. I did share interest in the games. I tried to check in on the score when I could from the NCHA website. Once I got home I tried to watch the LF video feed. I managed to catch it in between the game and the mini game. But once it started back up I couldn't believe how annoying the play by play call was. Every single time LF got the puck anywhere near the goal he erupted in this atrocious, squeaky, unintelligible screaming of the play. It was so hard to watch. But I did. Thankfully I won't have to anymore as I will be at the game in Ashwaubenon on Saturday.

I'll say this. It was quite amusing to hear the contrast between the LFC guys, who might have been playing Name That Tune (90's pop edition), and the Marian guy in the background who made it sound like they were going to award the Stanley Cup right there on the spot if Marian had scored.

daveo
02-24-2014, 05:18 PM
I'll say this. It was quite amusing to hear the contrast between the LFC guys, who might have been playing Name That Tune (90's pop edition), and the Marian guy in the background who made it sound like they were going to award the Stanley Cup right there on the spot if Marian had scored.

Lol! I forgot about that! I remember hearing the LF guy saying "We will rock you" originated from the Mighty Ducks:)

lincoln07
02-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Lol! I forgot about that! I remember hearing the LF guy saying "We will rock you" originated from the Mighty Ducks:)

Wasn't that "We Will Quack You"?

97osu
02-26-2014, 09:48 PM

It didn't? ;)

GB Puck Fan
03-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Nice effort by LFC tonight, but Foresters just couldn't generate any offense... Nice to see the students show up, too - although did they get lost? Seems they missed the first period...

Hammer
03-01-2014, 10:48 PM
I had a feeling that was going to happen. SNC is simply waaaay too much for Lake Forest at this point.

That being said, this is a wonderful season for Lake Forest, no doubt about it.

icechips
03-03-2014, 09:41 AM
A good read on the situation, looks like the whole conference will have to step up the recruiting game and non conference games might take on a more important measurement tool.

I had a feeling that was going to happen. SNC is simply waaaay too much for Lake Forest at this point.

That being said, this is a wonderful season for Lake Forest, no doubt about it.

MW4Bucky&SNC
03-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Lake Forest couldn't match the depth of SNC but I was pleasantly surprised by a few things I saw from them. Not bad. A far cry from what we saw from them maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

Toe Blake's Brother
03-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Lake Forest couldn't match the depth of SNC but I was pleasantly surprised by a few things I saw from them. Not bad. A far cry from what we saw from them maybe 4 or 5 years ago.
I second this thought! LF seems to be on the way up. Hopefully the school can do a better job getting behind the program.

Hammer
03-03-2014, 09:07 PM

They're a far cry from what they were last year.

pete99race
03-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I agree with the earlier comments about LFC.....
SNC demonstrated too much consistent pressure from all lines for LFC to mount much of an attack in the offensive zone.
Challenge to LFC is to continue to make steady progress (need more talent and depth on roster) in their attempt to challenge the teams at the top of the NCHA..

oldguardco
03-04-2014, 03:18 PM
As an outsider looking in, I have never seen Lake Forest play, but I am impressed with this year's performance. They have done a good job of becoming competitive and I hope they are able to continue their upward trend.

icechips
03-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I agree with only 3 seniors playing this season with 29 CAREER goals total almost coming from one of them depth is curtail. They are set up for larger classes with 9 seniors and 7 juniors next season which should help. Every winning team needs leadership at the senior level with a group that keeps playing and being major contributors on and off the ice. Add to that mix a few better than average underclass players and you begin to grow. Forresters should add 3-5 next season that push for spots to play. Continue the facility upgrade and fix those stupid nets anchors!

I agree with the earlier comments about LFC.....
SNC demonstrated too much consistent pressure from all lines for LFC to mount much of an attack in the offensive zone.
Challenge to LFC is to continue to make steady progress (need more talent and depth on roster) in their attempt to challenge the teams at the top of the NCHA..